Any folks on Viewqwest fibre?

Status
Not open for further replies.

viewqwest

Featured Sponsor for Internet Bandwidth & Networki
Reaction score
will there be any promos for the PC Show besides the raptor plan? Not really a gamer, just want to support new companies to introduce more competition into the market place lol.

You might want to consider our IPTV bundle. This comes with Fibernet 100, IPTV and our Onevoice bundle which gives you unlimited local incoming and outgoing calls.

Lss

Honorary Member
Reaction score
You might want to consider our IPTV bundle. This comes with Fibernet 100, IPTV and our Onevoice bundle which gives you unlimited local incoming and outgoing calls.
regarding the fibernet 100 plan. the WD device will be purchased by us or on loan from viewqwest or rented from viewqwest?

i need onevoice and am trying to find more compelling reasons to upgrade from fibernet 60 as opposed to merely adding onevoice. free rental for modem/router doesnt apply to me as i pay for mine upfront.

Last edited:

andurin

Reaction score
An update on my situation:

The past two days have continued to be nightmarish, with the wireless going on and off at night. Despite two hours of troubleshooting yesterday night, we were unable to resolve the issue, so VQ agreed to send down a technician today. They called me this morning to confirm the appointment for 7 PM.

The time is now 744 PM and the technician has not arrived. I intended to go out to run some errands but instead I am sitting here waiting for the staff to come. Thanks ah.

EDIT: The technician just called me. He was stuck at the previous user's house and will be here at 830 PM only.

I'm not trying to be a nuisance here but it's been a really middling experience so far for me. Just something to share with the users viewing this thread and considering VQ.

Last edited:

wkweksl

Reaction score
regarding the fibernet 100 plan. the WD device will be purchased by us or on loan from viewqwest or rented from viewqwest?

i need onevoice and am trying to find more compelling reasons to upgrade from fibernet 60 as opposed to merely adding onevoice. free rental for modem/router doesnt apply to me as i pay for mine upfront.
If nothing compelling just stay put. I'm sure there'll be more good stuff coming onstream. Also on the 60 plan. :)

wkweksl

Reaction score
ViewQwest: As the PC Show 2012 is upcoming this weekend, I'm thinking of replacing my D Link 615. Do you have any recommendations for routers below S$100 that will work well as an Access Point with the Zhone?
Try tplink wr-1043nd and flash it with openwrt or gargoyle. Hand over will not be smooth as per etherealism explanation.

wkweksl

Reaction score
you sound like you know something we dont. any hints?
Naw...:s13: It's been only 6 months since vq came onstream and there's been plenty of changes. To the early adopter it looks as if we got the short end of the stick but everything will even out in time as more and more services get rolled out. So if nothing meets your requirements just stay put, otherwise there's a feedback channel to suggest new stuff. We're fortunate nowadays as the newer isp's do not tie you down with mandatory 2 year contracts and inflexible arrangements.

Boltersdriveer

Reaction score
Naw...:s13: It's been only 6 months since vq came onstream and there's been plenty of changes. To the early adopter it looks as if we got the short end of the stick but everything will even out in time as more and more services get rolled out. So if nothing meets your requirements just stay put, otherwise there's a feedback channel to suggest new stuff. We're fortunate nowadays as the newer isp's do not tie you down with mandatory 2 year contracts and inflexible arrangements.

A little thumbs up from me for ViewQwest which listens to consumer feedback :)

sWirL84

Master Member
Reaction score

The past two days have continued to be nightmarish, with the wireless going on and off at night. Despite two hours of troubleshooting yesterday night, we were unable to resolve the issue, so VQ agreed to send down a technician today. They called me this morning to confirm the appointment for 7 PM.

The time is now 744 PM and the technician has not arrived. I intended to go out to run some errands but instead I am sitting here waiting for the staff to come. Thanks ah.

EDIT: The technician just called me. He was stuck at the previous user's house and will be here at 830 PM only.

I'm not trying to be a nuisance here but it's been a really middling experience so far for me. Just something to share with the users viewing this thread and considering VQ.

At least you have someone coming down to your house so quickly...I was from the other "traffic light" ISPs and they will blame everything except themselves.

Hope you can get your problem solved! ;)

edwin21

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

you are considered lucky to have them come down after 6pm, they didn't even offer me an appointment after 6pm to replace my modem

lionelfoo

Arch-Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
hey viewqwest, your guys are coming over to my place next week to setup the fibre, I would like to take the opportunity of the PC show to get some routers/ repeaters, which brand would you recommend?

P.S. I do not intend to run homeplug

Boltersdriveer

Reaction score
hey viewqwest, your guys are coming over to my place next week to setup the fibre, I would like to take the opportunity of the PC show to get some routers/ repeaters, which brand would you recommend?

P.S. I do not intend to run homeplug
Asus N66U has gotten really good reviews in these forums - you might want to have a look at it.

lionelfoo

Arch-Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Asus N66U has gotten really good reviews in these forums - you might want to have a look at it.

and also, does that mean, i have to configure a bridge connection from the router they provide me to my own router?

Boltersdriveer

Reaction score
and also, does that mean, i have to configure a bridge connection from the router they provide me to my own router?

Based on the FAQ:
Can I use my own router?
Yes. If you wish to use your own router, we will provide you with a modem only. Please make sure to inform us when you sign-up. The rental fee for the modem will still apply.

lionelfoo

Arch-Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Based on the FAQ:
Can I use my own router?
Yes. If you wish to use your own router, we will provide you with a modem only. Please make sure to inform us when you sign-up. The rental fee for the modem will still apply.

thank you very much, will call them up tomorrow... but i also got register for voice and vpn... hmmmm............

wohouboy

Banned
Reaction score
oh man :( just changed to the IPTV plan.. any chance i can change to the Raptor instead?

is the 50% increase just for downstream, or for upstream also? so 100/50 becomes 150/75?

dunbullythx

Reaction score
Installation Review

Hi Viewqwest. The installation process yesterday was very good for the 200mbps fibrenet plan. At first i reached 50 mbps, but the technician helped me to cancel my anti-banner and web IM stuff that help me reached the speed that i was supposed to reach. Thanks Viewqwest! :)

bhwong

Reaction score
I believe it will be better to send them an email explaining your situation. I'm sure they can do something about it though I don't know how different can it be even if they print from their side. ;)

There is no different if they print from their side. The point is original invoice is required to make claim as it serves as proof of purchase since original invoice cannot be amended with photoshop etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.