Any folks on Viewqwest fibre?

Like Tree11800Likes
Share This Page
HardwareZone.com on Facebook
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 31-01-2013, 11:25 PM   #7111
Supremacy Member

not sure if is coincidence or just happen LAX traffic having issue or the recent mention of using unotelly/unblock-us, i keep having netflix having problem watching on HD using normal internet connection (not freedom vpn) using dns method, takes much longer buffer for HD since yesterday, some traffic goes via HE some via tsystem
newkidontheblock likes this.
Old 31-01-2013, 11:31 PM   #7112

Do not worry, Viewqwest has already confirmed(I asked) that they will only forward to subscribers any warning emails received from any copyright owners in USA. They will NOT release any customer details without a court order from a court of law based in Singapore. Any requests for info will be ignored without the above mentioned document

So once again, there is really no cause for alarm unless you are involved in a piracy group that distribute pirated software(that the IRPB does crackdown against). There is almost nothing the Americans can do to us here
Thanks for the great insight and responses from everyone. I guess it is a bit unsettling to receive some notice from some authorities.

I read some interesting articles on this matter called the six strike program. More info:

1. How The 'Six Strike' Program Works; Time Warner, Comcast, AT&T, Other ISPs Working Together To Combat Online Piracy

2. http://www.ibtimes.com/how-six-strik...-combat-online

3. http://www.chillingeffects.org/pirac...i?NoticeID=776

Last edited by antiochguy; 01-02-2013 at 05:07 AM.. Reason: Added links
Old 01-02-2013, 12:29 AM   #7113
Arch-Supremacy Member

no wonder you so openly promote TPB

jokes aside.

what if the US companies like universal, paramount, etc produce a USA court order to the Singapore court demanding the release of details. will the SG court act on it?

basically your point 1 with the sg part added.
I believe the local courts do not recognize the US court orders at all. If they were to file a lawsuit in Singapore, they have to start from scratch to convince the local judge.

This is just my opinion, you should get legal advice from lawyers if you really want to know

PS: To ViewQwest, I really hope you take our(subscribers') information privacy very seriously. In fact I'll appreciate if VQ is willing to fight all the way to the Court of Appeal with a QC
civicguy and newkidontheblock like this.

Last edited by ceecookie; 01-02-2013 at 12:32 AM..
Old 01-02-2013, 01:28 AM   #7114
Supremacy Member

I believe the local courts do not recognize the US court orders at all. If they were to file a lawsuit in Singapore, they have to start from scratch to convince the local judge.

This is just my opinion, you should get legal advice from lawyers if you really want to know

PS: To ViewQwest, I really hope you take our(subscribers') information privacy very seriously. In fact I'll appreciate if VQ is willing to fight all the way to the Court of Appeal with a QC
yeah.. i dont want a repeat of the ODEX saga
Old 01-02-2013, 01:55 AM   #7115
Banned

hey VQ... just some feedback for u.

came home with a new router, a RT-N66U to upgade over my 56U. Realized I had to get VQ to change the MAC address binding from my old router because the Zhone is in bridged mode.

Your guy Earl, was extremely helpful, we troubleshooted together from 9pm to 1:30am. Apparently, your server side was issuing duplicate MAC addresses and causing conflicts for some reason.

Just one feedback for your CS, this happens a lot with the big 3, so i hope it doesn't with you guys, he kept promising to call back within 5, or 10 mins, and each time it took 45-50 mins.. I think managing customer's expectations 101 means u promise them maybe 1 hour, and call back in 45 mins. that would be a lot better in terms of delivering and doesn't cost you guys anything extra.

it also means i could have done a lot of other things in the multiple instances i was waiting for him to call back 5-10 mins time.

still, to get something like that resolved within 3-4 hours is unheard of from any other telco, kudos to VQ, and to Earl from your CS for his perseverance.

Thanks again
Old 01-02-2013, 09:41 AM   #7116

when i upgraded my router i used the router's MAC address cloning feature so that i didn't have to go through VQ's tech support in order to get it working.
Old 01-02-2013, 11:18 AM   #7117

when i upgraded my router i used the router's MAC address cloning feature so that i didn't have to go through VQ's tech support in order to get it working.
I did the same when my new router arrived but noc@ are pretty responsive, I emailed them the day after and they did the switch almost immediately.
Old 01-02-2013, 02:41 PM   #7118
Supremacy Member

I think no differences....hows your experience compared to your M1.
gaming wise is all ok but steaming vids via ipad on funsion slowed down,

pps - ok
pptv - ok
funsion- bad
Old 01-02-2013, 03:41 PM   #7119
Supremacy Member

gaming wise is all ok but steaming vids via ipad on funsion slowed down,

pps - ok
pptv - ok
funsion- bad
whats pps and funsion?
Old 01-02-2013, 05:05 PM   #7120

whats pps and funsion?
PPS
Funsion
civicguy and newkidontheblock like this.
Old 01-02-2013, 07:16 PM   #7121
Supremacy Member

been doing speed test daily but i never hit 300 ... don know why leh.

set up is bridge mode using n66u router...connected with cate5e 20m cable

all my home devices are using dhcp reserve so they will have a fix address for me to do remoting

Last edited by voiceoflove; 01-02-2013 at 07:18 PM..
Old 01-02-2013, 07:51 PM   #7122

i can't seem to get FreedomVPN to work using wired.

Scenario
was on GE1 wired, then swap cable to GE2. IP address no change.
Old 01-02-2013, 08:00 PM   #7123
Banned

I did the same when my new router arrived but noc@ are pretty responsive, I emailed them the day after and they did the switch almost immediately.
yup just got them to switch it again... took about 2.5 hhours this time.. nice..
philask and newkidontheblock like this.
Old 01-02-2013, 08:43 PM   #7124
Supremacy Member

yup just got them to switch it again... took about 2.5 hhours this time.. nice..
they can configure ur router remotely ?
Old 01-02-2013, 10:00 PM   #7125
Arch-Supremacy Member

they can configure ur router remotely ?
Nothing to do with accessing the subscriber's own router. In layman term, it is done at the backend (VQ infra).
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.