Any folks on Viewqwest fibre?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam80

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi VQ
will be dropping over your booth
like to know will turn around time be shorter if i had fibre installed already?

Terminating from another provider soon

i don't own a credit card can i opt for paperless billing using debit card instead?

Many Thanks!

NicBlais

Reaction score
Hi VQ
will be dropping over your booth
like to know will turn around time be shorter if i had fibre installed already?

Terminating from another provider soon

i don't own a credit card can i opt for paperless billing using debit card instead?

Many Thanks!

Hello!

1. We still need to book a date for OpenNet to activate your line so unfortunately lead time will still be the same. We'll also need to use the second port on your FTP so OpenNet will need to test the signal first - if all goes well it shouldn't cause any significant delay.

2. As long as your debit card has a mastercard or VISA logo on it we can accept :)

See you tomorrow!

chercm

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
dude...its hard to make a recommendation becos it depends on your budget. if 3 room flat i think n56u is more than sufficient. if price is not an issue then go for the latest n best.

what about 4 room flat ?

noinimod

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hello!

1. We still need to book a date for OpenNet to activate your line so unfortunately lead time will still be the same. We'll also need to use the second port on your FTP so OpenNet will need to test the signal first - if all goes well it shouldn't cause any significant delay.

2. As long as your debit card has a mastercard or VISA logo on it we can accept :)

See you tomorrow!
Hi Nic,

I tried calling the viewqwest mainline/tech support but i get the "please leave a message after the tone". Is your bukit timah office still open during the pc show period and computer available for speed demo? Prefer to sign up there rather than traveling all the way to expo.

rAcEr

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
what about 4 room flat ?

i think n56u is sufficient even for an executive apartment...of cos u cannot expect 100mbps connection from the most remote location of your flat...but your connection should be strong enough to stream HD videos...

viewqwest

Featured Sponsor for Internet Bandwidth & Networki
Reaction score
Hi Nic,

I tried calling the viewqwest mainline/tech support but i get the "please leave a message after the tone". Is your bukit timah office still open during the pc show period and computer available for speed demo? Prefer to sign up there rather than traveling all the way to expo.

Hi,

Our office at Bukit Timah is open including Saturday. So you can avoid the crowds at the IT show and come to our office to try the Viewqwest TV and our speeds.

Of course you can sign up at our office as well.

Regards

CatLuVer

High Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Wow, i signed up on tues evening at SLS and yesterday afternoon i received call. June 25th ppl will come do signal test. then june 28th Viewquest will someone to install at my new house.
Thks so much :D

CatLuVer

High Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
We provide the Zhone 2426 - Zhone | Products | ZNID-GE-24xx | zNID 2400 Series Indoor GE (Active Ethernet) ONT

However if you wish to use your own router just let us know when you signup and our engineers will configure the zhone as a bridge so you can use whichever router you prefer :)

As for your second question - i think you should go for viewqwest ;)

Hi nic, yesterday when I receive the call is forgot to tell them that I will be using my own router. Do I need to call viewquest or just let the tech person know on the day of installation? Thks alot.

Sadist4life

Reaction score
Uploaded:

8959355380_d353be2183.jpg

Ryushare:

8959363100_98a4c8fb81.jpg

Premium account I guess? You are right about the throttling for other ISPs. Currently on StarHub and the max I could get is 9MB/sec on a 100mbps connection. Beyond 9MB, I will get disconnected.

Another con of using the Big 3 is no static IP, so users on those 3 can't use Uploaded even if premium. It really pissed me off when I realized it. Now, I have to head down to the bank to fill up a merchant dispute form. :(

batboyz

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi nic, yesterday when I receive the call is forgot to tell them that I will be using my own router. Do I need to call viewquest or just let the tech person know on the day of installation? Thks alot.

You can just let the tech person know on the installation day.

batboyz

Master Member
Reaction score
Premium account I guess? You are right about the throttling for other ISPs. Currently on StarHub and the max I could get is 9MB/sec on a 100mbps connection. Beyond 9MB, I will get disconnected.

Another con of using the Big 3 is no static IP, so users on those 3 can't use Uploaded even if premium. It really pissed me off when I realized it. Now, I have to head down to the bank to fill up a merchant dispute form. :(

Yup, of course you need premium account in order to obtain such speed with multiple threads download.

Actually, I'm surprised that you're able to obtain 9MBps with starhub on 100Mbps, because I believe starhub 100Mbps is limited to 15Mbps, which translates to only 1.875MBps.

Yup, that's correct. That's one I consider as a down side of using Uploaded, since they fix your access to only one IP. Security wise is good, but the down side is, you won't be able to use your Uploaded premium account to download files from different place.

Sadist4life

Reaction score
Yup, of course you need premium account in order to obtain such speed with multiple threads download.

Actually, I'm surprised that you're able to obtain 9MBps with starhub on 100Mbps, because I believe starhub 100Mbps is limited to 15Mbps, which translates to only 1.875MBps.

Yup, that's correct. That's one I consider as a down side of using Uploaded, since they fix your access to only one IP. Security wise is good, but the down side is, you won't be able to use your Uploaded premium account to download files from different place.

Haha. I was surprised that the speed peaked at 9MB too. That was done via a 3T3R wireless adapter. Maybe if it were done via wired, the speed would hit the limit of the 100mbps connection, but this would further confirm that the International bandwidth is not entirely true.

NicBlais

Reaction score
How do we get one without going all the way down to VQ office?

Ah unfortunately we're only selling them at the office to start off.

It's worth dropping by though - got some nice comfy sofas for you to relax in and test our demo unit :D

kenloonglow

Reaction score

karenwoods

Reaction score
Question: My fiber box is downstairs next to my TV. My computer is upstairs.
Can I still connect with Fibernet? Will my computer be able to receive the signal. My unit is quite small.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.