Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Any folks on Viewqwest fibre?

Like Tree11799Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-04-2013, 07:32 PM   #8611

Cool

Some Xfinity tests; Raptor 300

Considering the fact Comcast is 1 of the main ISP in USA, this speed test should be more accurate compared to Speedtest's which always seem to be giving sub-par speed on some "ulu" servers
Thank you so much for the test. Just had OpenNet check my port 2 with my port 1 currently running my M1 Fibre 100 Mbps connection. The test really gives me the confidence of a better experience seeing not only the overall speed increase but the overall ping decrease as well.

My current M1 Fibre 100 Mbps speed to Comcast.

newkidontheblock likes this.

Last edited by LiLAsN; 10-04-2013 at 07:35 PM..
Old 10-04-2013, 08:03 PM   #8612
Banned

More speed date extracted from Youtube.

YouTube Video Speed History

Your average video speed at this location from 6 Mar 2013 to 29 Mar 2013 was 44.34 Mbps.

Video Speed Comparison ( 6 Mar 2013 to 29 Mar 2013)

who are those? :O

anyway it seems like Speedtest.net is so 2012? Everyone's moving to benchmarking overseas servers now that they are maxing out the local speedtests everytime ...

Ah consumers... never satisfied
Old 10-04-2013, 08:26 PM   #8613
Arch-Supremacy Member

Due to special reason, tested against locations of great interest..... Interesting results, esp. latencies.

Atlanta

Plainfield (due New York not available)
Old 10-04-2013, 08:48 PM   #8614
Arch-Supremacy Member

Thank you so much for the test. Just had OpenNet check my port 2 with my port 1 currently running my M1 Fibre 100 Mbps connection. The test really gives me the confidence of a better experience seeing not only the overall speed increase but the overall ping decrease as well.

My current M1 Fibre 100 Mbps speed to Comcast.
You're welcome. Dont forget to spread awareness of the Xfinity test in the M1 fibre thread if you frequent that..users will appreciate alternate test site
Old 10-04-2013, 10:14 PM   #8615
Master Member

More speed date extracted from Youtube.

YouTube Video Speed History

Your average video speed at this location from 6 Mar 2013 to 29 Mar 2013 was 44.34 Mbps.

Video Speed Comparison ( 6 Mar 2013 to 29 Mar 2013)

Viewqwest is just showing light stuff of YouTube, where is the extreme YouTube stuff? Hmm i wonder what did i do @ the spike peak? must be those 4k format videos VQ, where is my extra over provisioning? Even my SingTel Fiber has more than yours

Old 11-04-2013, 03:05 AM   #8616
Featured Sponsor for Internet Bandwidth & Networking Clinic + Sub Forums

Viewqwest is just showing light stuff of YouTube, where is the extreme YouTube stuff? Hmm i wonder what did i do @ the spike peak? must be those 4k format videos VQ, where is my extra over provisioning? Even my SingTel Fiber has more than yours

The reports are based on how much Youtube you watch. You obviously watch more than me
Old 11-04-2013, 09:21 AM   #8617
Arch-Supremacy Member

Some Xfinity tests; Raptor 300

Considering the fact Comcast is 1 of the main ISP in USA, this speed test should be more accurate compared to Speedtest's which always seem to be giving sub-par speed on some "ulu" servers
Dun know why I am on same package as you but my speeds is 1/2 of yours

Sigh..

Old 11-04-2013, 09:57 AM   #8618

Can anybody please tell me is my download load speed normal with a 150Mbps plan? I am still pretty new to utorrent. TIA

Old 11-04-2013, 10:05 AM   #8619
Suspended

Dun know why I am on same package as you but my speeds is 1/2 of yours

Sigh..

International speeds can fluctuate quite dramatically depending on several factors such as time of day, congestion on the other end, type of server etc..

Try running your speedtests to the same location, and same server, at different times in the day and see if you notice a difference. Also, remember that speedtests are not always the best indicator of speed (though, granted they are the quickest and easiest way to get a rough indication ). Best way is to get a download manager and do some multi-threaded downloads of large files (1GB+ is best).
Old 11-04-2013, 10:10 AM   #8620
Suspended

Can anybody please tell me is my download load speed normal with a 150Mbps plan? I am still pretty new to utorrent. TIA

This seems a bit low, but that may have to do with the seeds you're connecting to (some seeders purposely limit their upload bandwidth for certain reasons...not going to point any fingers...*cough* Darkmatt *cough* ).

Could also have to do with you're utorrent configuration. I'd suggest googling optimal configuration setups and try again with the same torrent - if you don't notice any improvements, try a different one (for testing purposes, we've found the Ubuntu torrents usually have some pretty good seeds: Alternative downloads | Ubuntu)
Old 11-04-2013, 10:35 AM   #8621
Master Member

The reports are based on how much Youtube you watch. You obviously watch more than me
On the contrary, it's my wife and daughter watched on YouTube almost daily Talking about digital media consumption
Old 11-04-2013, 10:44 AM   #8622
Master Member

So the IPv6 implementation in the Asus black diamond series of routers does not support VQ's IPv6 infrastructure.
Anything up to now? Even if have to static assign IPs
Yes, but i have mentioned kinda a few times already, maybe you have missed it

ASUS TW has already started getting their Black Diamond series routers to be IPv6 ready logo certification. Why will it be done? No idea until i have heard more from ASUS, but rest assured once ASUS TW HQ is done, i will be the first to get it
Old 11-04-2013, 11:49 AM   #8623

Is there anyway to access blocked websites? or i have to use proxy websites like hidemyass and such?
Use OpenDNS(208.67.222.222, 208.67.220.220) or GoogleDNS(8.8.8.8, 8.8.4.4)

VQ have direct peering with them.
Old 11-04-2013, 01:04 PM   #8624

same here.

actually only those files on stor*.uploaded.net are affected,
those fra-7m22-stor*.uploaded.net are fine.

I think many file hosting servies are having the same problem, ul.to, alldebrid, filefactory, rapidgator.
I have noticed there are again a lot of problems to download certain files from different file hosting servers. E.g. some files from uploaded.to downloads nicely with good speed but then a lot of files downloading very slowly and the connection is disconnected every 30 seconds.

There has been some problems in past few days but it seems it is getting worse now.

When I enabled VPN connection to Europe the same files causing problem are downloaded very fast.

So, the conclusion is there seems to be again something wrong in a routing to certain servers.

Any idea how to find out the actual server address based on download link?

Anyone else having similar problems?

EDIT: Also send an email to NOC.
Old 11-04-2013, 01:36 PM   #8625
Supremacy Member

This seems a bit low, but that may have to do with the seeds you're connecting to (some seeders purposely limit their upload bandwidth for certain reasons...not going to point any fingers...*cough* Darkmatt *cough* ).

Could also have to do with you're utorrent configuration. I'd suggest googling optimal configuration setups and try again with the same torrent - if you don't notice any improvements, try a different one (for testing purposes, we've found the Ubuntu torrents usually have some pretty good seeds: Alternative downloads | Ubuntu)
*ahem* explains my sneezing this morning.

and i dont limit..

i download and delete the tracker
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.