HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Anybody using Singtel Mesh?

Like Tree72Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-06-2016, 10:12 AM   #31
Arch-Supremacy Member

Can you still connect to your original router wifi or to the first unit wifi?
that depends on where u placing your 1st wifi mesh unit connected to LAN of your router.

if you place it too near to the router, it will cause interference and i suggest you turn the router wifi off.

if lets say u r placing the first wifi mesh away from the router, like different areas, then your wifi on router can be turned on.

so the devices will be steered between the 2 wifi mesh nodes rather than including your router, so u gotta plan carefully.
renfred89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-08-2016, 12:51 PM   #32

So any update on the wifi mesh things? Anyone use it/try it yet ? My router will be in my living room, my desktop in my master room which is quite a distance away from the router.

Heard from Singtel they have change the Aztech router. Anyone know which model they change to ? understand the previous router sucks.
syncmos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-08-2016, 03:17 PM   #33
Arch-Supremacy Member

So any update on the wifi mesh things? Anyone use it/try it yet ? My router will be in my living room, my desktop in my master room which is quite a distance away from the router.

Heard from Singtel they have change the Aztech router. Anyone know which model they change to ? understand the previous router sucks.
in this thread alone, i have spoken on so many examples of how singtel wifi mesh has improved the wifi performance and how it works, maybe you can view the previous posts?

singtel has abandoned aztech-OEM routers for the new singtel wifi gogabit router ac1900...
renfred89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-08-2016, 04:46 PM   #34

in this thread alone, i have spoken on so many examples of how singtel wifi mesh has improved the wifi performance and how it works, maybe you can view the previous posts?

singtel has abandoned aztech-OEM routers for the new singtel wifi gogabit router ac1900...
Thanks. ..............
Old 23-08-2016, 05:08 PM   #35

wats the maximum speed & average wifi speed of the wifi mesh? someone mentioned 800mbps. is that a typo?
kzonexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-08-2016, 02:00 PM   #36

wats the maximum speed & average wifi speed of the wifi mesh? someone mentioned 800mbps. is that a typo?
max speed as in your fiber speed ? if not wrong for wifi , the max can hit is 240mbps depending on which fiber plan you in. correct me if iam wrong.
Old 26-08-2016, 02:36 PM   #37
Arch-Supremacy Member

max speed as in your fiber speed ? if not wrong for wifi , the max can hit is 240mbps depending on which fiber plan you in. correct me if iam wrong.
Actually its depends more on the client device(laptop,mobile or tablet). If your device equipped with a better and more antenna den u have better speed as well.
ZrE0_Cha0s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-08-2016, 02:41 PM   #38

that depends on where u placing your 1st wifi mesh unit connected to LAN of your router.

if you place it too near to the router, it will cause interference and i suggest you turn the router wifi off.

if lets say u r placing the first wifi mesh away from the router, like different areas, then your wifi on router can be turned on.

so the devices will be steered between the 2 wifi mesh nodes rather than including your router, so u gotta plan carefully.
But the wifi mesh must connect to the router, how to place it away from router? Hence, I guess most of the user will just place it side by side instead of getting a super long lan cable and place it elsewhere.
Old 26-08-2016, 02:42 PM   #39

Actually its depends more on the client device(laptop,mobile or tablet). If your device equipped with a better and more antenna den u have better speed as well.
Thank for the info.
Old 26-08-2016, 05:29 PM   #40

But the wifi mesh must connect to the router, how to place it away from router? Hence, I guess most of the user will just place it side by side instead of getting a super long lan cable and place it elsewhere.
Some have their house wired so can do that... actually my place comes with data points in every room but unfortunately the 2 cables to the rooms in the middle of the house are not working.

In any case, the purpose of the mesh is so that your entire house can be connected in 1 network/ SSID. Those who prefers or don't mind multiple network can just get APs which is cheaper anyway
Old 29-08-2016, 10:00 AM   #41

Some have their house wired so can do that... actually my place comes with data points in every room but unfortunately the 2 cables to the rooms in the middle of the house are not working.

In any case, the purpose of the mesh is so that your entire house can be connected in 1 network/ SSID. Those who prefers or don't mind multiple network can just get APs which is cheaper anyway
how this APs work and how much it cost? Any good installer/contractor to intro?
Old 29-08-2016, 04:54 PM   #42

how this APs work and how much it cost? Any good installer/contractor to intro?

many options in the market bro.. can just biy & setup urself, no need to engage installer

Btw, since u are already on wifi mesh, y r u looking at APs? IMO, the wifi mesh is superior over AP
Old 30-08-2016, 09:38 AM   #43

many options in the market bro.. can just biy & setup urself, no need to engage installer

Btw, since u are already on wifi mesh, y r u looking at APs? IMO, the wifi mesh is superior over AP
haha just curious. By the way how your wifi mesh after using it for days? good right?
Old 30-08-2016, 10:33 AM   #44

haha just curious. By the way how your wifi mesh after using it for days? good right?

so far so good as it serves my purpose of reliable, stable connection and full coverage throughout the house. Actually I even get reliable connection in my gym & clubhouse!

especially like that it comes with 2 lan connections so I can connect to my MIO & android box in the living room.

Speed wise, its not as fast compared to the AC1900 ST router at very short distance (same room, few metres apart) where I could wifi speed in excess of 300 mbps.

The only drawback that I'm concerned about is that the speed drop when multiple devices are retrieving data. Eg, when I did speed test on the Apple TV & my mobile. In theory, the wifi mesh is spec'ed at 1600 mbps rite? but so far I get only around 300 max. My plan is Singtel 1Gb fibre.
Old 30-08-2016, 04:42 PM   #45

so far so good as it serves my purpose of reliable, stable connection and full coverage throughout the house. Actually I even get reliable connection in my gym & clubhouse!

especially like that it comes with 2 lan connections so I can connect to my MIO & android box in the living room.

Speed wise, its not as fast compared to the AC1900 ST router at very short distance (same room, few metres apart) where I could wifi speed in excess of 300 mbps.

The only drawback that I'm concerned about is that the speed drop when multiple devices are retrieving data. Eg, when I did speed test on the Apple TV & my mobile. In theory, the wifi mesh is spec'ed at 1600 mbps rite? but so far I get only around 300 max. My plan is Singtel 1Gb fibre.
Yes, I also notice that speed do drop if too many device connect at the same time. Mine sometime went below 100. Never hit 200 before. most is near to 170. depending on timing I run the test.

That why thinking of laying long lan cable do a direct connection. Will it be much more better then the mesh?

Will your mesh sometime turn red on the 5ghz ?
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.