HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Anybody using Singtel Mesh?

Like Tree72Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-01-2018, 02:45 PM   #511
Master Member

Anyone can enlighten what is ethernet wired back hauled in the wifi mesh context, layman terms?

I have seen this term couples of times in this thread but couldn't really understand when I google.
dreamer_toons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2018, 03:42 PM   #512
Arch-Supremacy Member

Handover mechanisms are complex but one of them is by ssi. You might have walked to the nearest node but if the device is connected to a node which does have an optimum ssi coverage, it won’t switch. Frequent switching causes the client device to consume more power..

Also, time is one of the considered mechanism also. If you keep moving around from one node to another within short period of time, it won’t switch as well.

One good way to force device to switch to the nearest node of such situation occur is by manually turning off the wifi and turn on again on client side, because client always connects to the strongest signal node first..

Hi all,

I'm using 3 Airties for my home, all Ethernet wired back hauled.
However, when I walk around my house, I do not always connect to the "strongest" signal. I was under the impression that the Airties will "handover" my device to the strongest AP? Anybody facing this issue?

Device = iPhone IOS 11.2.1

Thanks!
renfred89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2018, 03:42 PM   #513
Arch-Supremacy Member

Ethernet backhaul refers to the node’s connection via cable..

Anyone can enlighten what is ethernet wired back hauled in the wifi mesh context, layman terms?

I have seen this term couples of times in this thread but couldn't really understand when I google.
Old 02-01-2018, 07:52 PM   #514
Arch-Supremacy Member

just to check what the latest firmware version for airties ?
Old 02-01-2018, 09:23 PM   #515

Unhappy

Anyone here using Netgear Nighthawk X8 (R8500) and successfully connected to Singtel TV? Try https://kb.netgear.com/25724/VLAN-ta...ghthawk-router but to no avail.
dpmy05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2018, 07:52 AM   #516
Arch-Supremacy Member

With singtel mesh or without?

Anyone here using Netgear Nighthawk X8 (R8500) and successfully connected to Singtel TV? Try https://kb.netgear.com/25724/VLAN-ta...ghthawk-router but to no avail.
Old 08-01-2018, 11:35 PM   #517

Hi Singtel,

Appreciate if you can send me the latest firmware for Airties 4920 please? thanks!
mav_7256 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2018, 08:43 PM   #518
Master Member

Recently, my mesh is acting up.

I’m online on my iPad with a full wifi signal but the surfing is extremely slow, and my page doesn’t loads at times. I have to on and off my ipad wifi to resume surfing.

There are also times when I’m on full wifi signal, but under the setting, it shows no internet connection. I have to on/off the the mesh device to resolve the problem.

Both the above issues happen randomly. Surfing on wired connection is fine though.

Anyone encounter similar issues?
dreamer_toons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2018, 10:35 AM   #519
Arch-Supremacy Member

can someone post the new firmware link somewhere.
thanks.
Old 11-01-2018, 04:48 PM   #520
mun

Recently, my mesh is acting up.

I’m online on my iPad with a full wifi signal but the surfing is extremely slow, and my page doesn’t loads at times. I have to on and off my ipad wifi to resume surfing.

There are also times when I’m on full wifi signal, but under the setting, it shows no internet connection. I have to on/off the the mesh device to resolve the problem.

Both the above issues happen randomly. Surfing on wired connection is fine though.

Anyone encounter similar issues?
So far, all my devices (5phones and 1tablet) do not have the issues as yours, except my AIO computer, which will auto disconnect and auto re-connect from my home mesh when in use. Not sure why it is like that? It is very inconvenient (work interrupted with no internet) when it happens
mun is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2018, 12:07 AM   #521

Hi Necro001,

Yes, it's possible.

Are you currently using a DVR STB or the normal STB?

For the normal STB, there should be no issue.
Hi Singtel, will it be possible to provide a download location for the latest firmware? I'm currently on 1.21.10.2.1665
kewl is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.