HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Anybody using Singtel Mesh?

Like Tree72Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-09-2016, 11:21 AM   #61

if its an old desktop, my guess is the Ethernet port is limited to 100 mpbs. The new ones shud have gigabit ports.

when the 5ghz light is red, 2.4ghz is till working fine. If the location for this unit is fixed, u can try adjusting the location of the other units to get better 5ghz reception.

Even my Apple TV4 Ethernet is limited to 100 mbps. So wireless on ATV4 is faster then wired.
oic. I am using Acer desktop Predator G3610
syncmos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2016, 11:27 AM   #62

if its an old desktop, my guess is the Ethernet port is limited to 100 mpbs. The new ones shud have gigabit ports.

when the 5ghz light is red, 2.4ghz is till working fine. If the location for this unit is fixed, u can try adjusting the location of the other units to get better 5ghz reception.

Even my Apple TV4 Ethernet is limited to 100 mbps. So wireless on ATV4 is faster then wired.
Base on the desktop spec as follow;

Data Link Protocol - Ethernet, Fast Ethernet, Gigabit Ethernet, IEEE 802.11b, IEEE 802.11g, IEEE 802.11n

So got any limitation ?
Old 01-09-2016, 11:43 AM   #63

wired shud be fast! anyway to try direct wired connection to ST router?
kzonexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2016, 12:27 PM   #64

wired shud be fast! anyway to try direct wired connection to ST router?
My router in living room bro. that why I using wifi mesh lol.

The only wired is from mesh to desktop. can consider wired bo?
Old 01-09-2016, 02:32 PM   #65

My router in living room bro. that why I using wifi mesh lol.

The only wired is from mesh to desktop. can consider wired bo?

I meant carry to living room just to try for comparison sake... wired to router vs wired to mesh vs wifi to mesh.
kzonexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2016, 11:08 AM   #66

I meant carry to living room just to try for comparison sake... wired to router vs wired to mesh vs wifi to mesh.
Bro, carrying the whole desktop + monitor + keyboard + mouse + cable all the way to living room just for testing of speed via wired ...hmmmmm

By the way, I do a test last night. by turning my 2nd wifi mesh which is in the middle off. I notice the 1st mesh 5ghz turn red, and 3rd mesh 5ghz turn red. Only left with 2.4ghz green. To my surprise , the speed is like faster then having both 5ghz and 2.4 ghz green. kinda funny
Old 09-09-2016, 02:07 PM   #67

For singtel wifi mesh, is it collect on the spot at hello shop or need to make an appointment for the technician to come to your house?
toyknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2016, 05:54 PM   #68
Featured Sponsor

For singtel wifi mesh, is it collect on the spot at hello shop or need to make an appointment for the technician to come to your house?
Hi toyknight,

Yes, the WiFi Mesh can be purchased at our Singtel Retail Shops and you can bring home to install on your own.

There is no need for an appointment for the technician to install for you. It's plug and play.

Hope that clarifies.

Feel free to reach out to us here on Mondays to Fridays (9 am to 6 pm).
Singtel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2016, 12:05 PM   #69
High Supremacy Member

Hi toyknight,

Yes, the WiFi Mesh can be purchased at our Singtel Retail Shops and you can bring home to install on your own.

There is no need for an appointment for the technician to install for you. It's plug and play.

Hope that clarifies.
Is the connection seemless? Im currently on another RSP and their technician set up the router in my room as a wifi extender. The phone will detect this extender but means it will change from router to this extender. There will be interruption if watching long youtube video.
derrickgoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2016, 12:44 PM   #70
Arch-Supremacy Member

Is the connection seemless? Im currently on another RSP and their technician set up the router in my room as a wifi extender. The phone will detect this extender but means it will change from router to this extender. There will be interruption if watching long youtube video.
Yes it's almost seamless. The backhaul is not as big, your device shouldn't detect a drop in connection although practically there's a split second drop. Most devices should have a buffer, so ideally you won't even notice any difference for watching long YouTube videos.
renfred89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-09-2016, 08:56 AM   #71

Will the wifi mesh devices still work if I connect both of them to the router via lan points in different room?
Old 15-09-2016, 10:59 AM   #72
Arch-Supremacy Member

Will the wifi mesh devices still work if I connect both of them to the router via lan points in different room?
not at the moment. soon enough a firmware update will enable this feature. By doing so, the mesh becomes access points to each other while offering automatic roaming without backhaul.

Currently, only one node can be connected to router and the other paired node must be on wireless bridge.
Old 15-09-2016, 11:25 AM   #73

Thanks for the information. Hope they come out the firmware soon.
Old 08-10-2016, 02:19 AM   #74

I've installed the mesh for a month now and the 5.0ghz light on both units is perpetually red... Only realized is not normal when I came across this thread... Can anybody enlighten me as to why this is so? Thanks!
Brandycoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2016, 08:26 AM   #75
Arch-Supremacy Member

Red but not blinking? If it's blinking it indicates error. If it's not, it might mean out of coverage.

Try putting them closer together..

I've installed the mesh for a month now and the 5.0ghz light on both units is perpetually red... Only realized is not normal when I came across this thread... Can anybody enlighten me as to why this is so? Thanks!
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.