Anybody using Singtel Mesh?

chongpang

Reaction score
Hi chongpang,

Our advice is to forget the RG SSID, and try connecting to the WiFi Mesh SSID.

Let us know if that works, thanks.

I have tried to forget the RG SSID and tried to connect to the WiFi Mesh SSID but it gave me the same error ''Network connection disabled. Internet connection slow.'' :(

chongpang

Reaction score
oh ok. den click on home network setting and see. (is your router 7003GVR?)

Yes. I am using Aztech FG7003GRV(AC) router. I have tried to switch off both 2.4G and 5G but also cannot connect to WiFi Mesh. Btw, now i want to switch back on 2.4G and 5G, it ask me if i want to enable WPS for both 2.4G and 5G, should i? :s11:

renfred89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

edm_11

Reaction score
Hi kakaBoBo,

The WiFi Mesh units are only available for Singtel Broadband customers.

hi!

Once i have paid up for the 24 mths contract for the wire mesh dual, do i get to keep them or have to continue paying even after the 24 month contract?

edm_11

Reaction score
I just moved house and have today got singtel to come up to my condo to set up singtel tv and broadband

While setting up, they suggested that i do this

1. Router and modem will be placed in my store room as there is very my circuit breakers are and LAN point boards. They installed the router and modem there and says my lan points in my living room and bedrooms will be active

2. On my living room tv console, the wire mesh is connected to the LAN point instead and my singtel tv is connected to the wire mesh

3. The other wire mesh is connected in another bedroom not very far away but no line of sight

Here is my issue - i am kinda uncomfortable with the modem and router in the storeroom. The wire mesh 5ghz light is red and sometimes green if i on and off it. My iphone drops connection and sometimes cant connect to mesh ssid. That being said, my router ssid i an connect and seems quite string even from store room!

Should i reconnect the entire setup?

I do not think i can get singtel technician down again and that will incur costs

renfred89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
replied as per your pm request.. :)

I just moved house and have today got singtel to come up to my condo to set up singtel tv and broadband

While setting up, they suggested that i do this

1. Router and modem will be placed in my store room as there is very my circuit breakers are and LAN point boards. They installed the router and modem there and says my lan points in my living room and bedrooms will be active

2. On my living room tv console, the wire mesh is connected to the LAN point instead and my singtel tv is connected to the wire mesh

3. The other wire mesh is connected in another bedroom not very far away but no line of sight

Here is my issue - i am kinda uncomfortable with the modem and router in the storeroom. The wire mesh 5ghz light is red and sometimes green if i on and off it. My iphone drops connection and sometimes cant connect to mesh ssid. That being said, my router ssid i an connect and seems quite string even from store room!

Should i reconnect the entire setup?

I do not think i can get singtel technician down again and that will incur costs

renfred89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
is the airties wifi android app working with the singtel set >?

no it won't be working with singtel wifi mesh. singtel wifi mesh runs on OEM firmware designed for singtel usage only, so the proprietary airties app will not work with the wifi mesh system..

renfred89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Technically, this mesh will half the throughput on every hop?

The mesh is not working on the concept of repeating the network, like your ordinary repeaters or extenders.

The mesh system no doubt will have a backhaul but it wouldn't be that significant comparing to the repeaters..

Singtel wifi mesh will have an update coming to enable lan haul so that the wifi backhaul is eliminated. Something like individual access points connected by lan cable but the ssid is unanimous and supports roaming as well..

stocklah

Reaction score
sorry to necro this thread, I am interested to setup the mesh myself so there are 2 questions:

1. What is the brand & model recommended?
2. Is it simple to setup DIY, is there any guide out there? I am with Singtel fibre btw.

Thanks for the advice.

Last edited:

renfred89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Singtel

Featured Sponsor
Reaction score
Hi renfred89,

Thanks for your post! Appreciated it!

1) manufactured by airties, model is Air4920.

2) yes pictorial guide is included.

Hi stocklah,

As mentioned by renfred89,

The WiFi Mesh units are easy to setup. The retail package comes with a pictorial guide.

You can find out more about the WiFi Mesh units here:
http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/i...ps-getting-best-wi-fi-experience-5409955.html

sorry to necro this thread, I am interested to setup the mesh myself so there are 2 questions:

1. What is the brand & model recommended?
2. Is it simple to setup DIY, is there any guide out there? I am with Singtel fibre btw.

Thanks for the advice.

derrickgoh

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Was looking at the air 4920 online manual & noticed there are two gigabit ports at the rear of each unit. This is gonna sound noob but what are they for?

Isnt it supposed to be wireless so why the need for gigabit ports on the device?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.