Like Tree72Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 27-04-2016, 09:49 AM   #1

Question Anybody using Singtel Mesh?

Any reviews for those who signed up??

http://www1.singtel.com/personal/int...sh/detail.html

seems they are using Airties 4920?
http://www.airties.com/premium-wifi.html

not much reviews on them. if only there was some POC available.

I am currently using Sineoji home plugs but the electrical wiring in my house sucks. only getting 30-40mbps from my 1Gbps Fiber.
mOomOo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-2016, 10:12 AM   #2
Arch-Supremacy Member

interested in this as well. but no user feedback as of now.
FlushX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-2016, 10:38 AM   #3

Got this at last SITEX. Tested at home and office. Easy to set up. 1st unit connect to existing modem, 2nd unit put in another room.

Coverage is quite far and there's dualband signal also.Depends on your existing home structure. Comes with port to plug in set top box.
WWE_Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-2016, 10:40 AM   #4

Anyway, wifi mesh is connecting via wireless. Different from home plug. About 8 metres away, my ps4 can get average about 30-50Mbps downlink that time.
WWE_Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-2016, 11:00 AM   #5

Any reviews for those who signed up??

http://www1.singtel.com/personal/int...sh/detail.html

seems they are using Airties 4920?
http://www.airties.com/premium-wifi.html

not much reviews on them. if only there was some POC available.

I am currently using Sineoji home plugs but the electrical wiring in my house sucks. only getting 30-40mbps from my 1Gbps Fiber.
I'm on 1Gbps and using the mesh for sometime now.

And prior to the mesh, I have the Sineoji home plugs too...

Using a wired connection, on the Sineoji, the download speed is about 270mbps. And on the mesh, I'm doing a tad higher at about 290mbps. On a good clear day, it is over 300mbps. Good for those who has a laptop with a 2.4ghz wireless but with a 1 Gbps network port.

The setup is easy. If using wireless, it is just one password and one SSID for the 2.4ghz and 5.0ghz. And you will connect to the best channel without having to do anything. The connection on my Samsung tablet is fast and smooth. Speed connected to the mesh is 800+mbps.. watching online stuff on Youtube or streaming sites are usually smooth.
kapitansg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-2016, 12:35 PM   #6
Arch-Supremacy Member

Yeah the set up is almost idiot proof, including the connection part. Just point to point connection for first unit, the second unit will automatically scan for the main unit to make the wireless connection.. there are also some settings user can play with inside, like band steering etc..

I used it for singtel TV last time, so far so good an experience, apart from occasional wireless hiccup lor.. likely due to firmware I think..

The only thing I can hiam is the temperature it's running. It can get quite warm to touch if you are actively using the WiFi.. it's not flawless, but good enough for the average consumer..

You will likely see a jump in speed cos it doesn't work the same way as your sineoji. Do note that wireless speed is still dependent on the wireless client..
renfred89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-2016, 04:38 PM   #7

i'm using sineoji but i'm only getting less than 40mbps on the wireless homeplug. I'm on the 1Gbps plan too. quite pathetic that i am getting 2-3% of subscribed speed.

still thinking whether to take the plunge. arghh. and i just bought the 1800mbps sineoji home plugs not too long ago.

Using a wired connection, on the Sineoji, the download speed is about 270mbps. And on the mesh, I'm doing a tad higher at about 290mbps. On a good clear day, it is over 300mbps. Good for those who has a laptop with a 2.4ghz wireless but with a 1 Gbps network port.

The setup is easy. If using wireless, it is just one password and one SSID for the 2.4ghz and 5.0ghz. And you will connect to the best channel without having to do anything. The connection on my Samsung tablet is fast and smooth. Speed connected to the mesh is 800+mbps.. watching online stuff on Youtube or streaming sites are usually smooth.
Old 27-04-2016, 08:47 PM   #8
Arch-Supremacy Member

i'm using sineoji but i'm only getting less than 40mbps on the wireless homeplug. I'm on the 1Gbps plan too. quite pathetic that i am getting 2-3% of subscribed speed.

still thinking whether to take the plunge. arghh. and i just bought the 1800mbps sineoji home plugs not too long ago.
what is your wireless device? sekali your device is only capable of supporting that speed..
renfred89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2016, 01:05 AM   #9

i'm using the ethernet port on the wireless plug. minix neo x-h plus.
2 x 1800mbps + 500mbps wireless plugs
Old 03-05-2016, 01:11 PM   #10
Arch-Supremacy Member

I don't quite get how it works.

So for the first unit, it is connected to the router via lan cable right?
Then for the second unit, it connects to the first unit via wifi, and it also has it's own SSID for wifi clients to connect to it?
WestGuy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2016, 03:01 PM   #11
Master Member

Then for the second unit, it connects to the first unit via wifi, and it also has it's own SSID for wifi clients to connect to it?
First and second unit shares same ssid and passwords. The mesh will automatically switch the user over to the next ap.
jury_pack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2016, 03:08 PM   #12

basically it's a wifi range extender that allows you to use the same SSID and password.
it is supposed to be more intelligent than normal range extenders.

performance wise,

i do hope someone who subscribe can share with us their speeds.

Old 06-05-2016, 03:29 PM   #13

He experienced a 800+mbps
hk7310 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2016, 10:45 PM   #14
Supremacy Member

Wireless 800mbps doesn't make sense.
Magickiller9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2016, 09:24 AM   #15
Master Member

Wireless 800mbps doesn't make sense.
That's the limitation of wireless ac. 800mbps is as good as a gigabit wired network.
jury_pack is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.