Aztech DSL7000GRV router from Singtel

mingfreakrsx

Reaction score
anyone using this modem experiencing that sometimes you would not be able to connect your device to the modem via wifi? have to go near the modem then an connection appears, but after an reboot all works well..
:)

Sent from GAGT Android App

Shion

Senior Mentor
Reaction score
anyone using this modem experiencing that sometimes you would not be able to connect your device to the modem via wifi? have to go near the modem then an connection appears, but after an reboot all works well..
:)

Same problem as you.

VanSaim

Reaction score
im on ADSL mioHome 10M plan, not on fiber though. is it possible to switch? :)

As far as I know, the current 7000 series from SingTel does not support ADSL.

Unless, you directly purchase from Aztech. You can get the ADSL version (same model DSL7000) but it does not support Fiber Optic.

PS. The last time I inspect the ports, it does not have the input RJ11 for the ADSL connection, however it has 2 RJ11 ports for your telephone. (as far as I recall)

Hopefully, the newer model does include the WAN ADSL RJ11 port.

Last edited:

renfred89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Unless, you directly purchase from Aztech. You can get the ADSL version (same model DSL7000) but it does not support Fiber Optic.

PS. The last time I inspect the ports, it does not have the input RJ11 for the ADSL connection, however it has 2 RJ11 ports for your telephone. (as far as I recall)

My DSL7002GRV has a WAN RJ11 port, and the new FG7002GRV also has it..

Aztech FG7002GRV

mingfreakrsx

Reaction score

My DSL7002GRV has a WAN RJ11 port, and the new FG7002GRV also has it..

Aztech FG7002GRV
yes, the 7000 supports ADSL.
ckaJIDB.jpg

the grey cable below is the telephone cable connecting it.
no harm trying.. though they can easily shoot you down by saying 10mbps does not require a dual band wireless modem.. perhaps your unit is faulty?

I used 7000 before, it should be the case as you described..
yeah, that's one thing that they might shoot me with. i change my modem before, it was last year when my old 2Wire 2701HGV-e starts giving me intermittent broadband connection and they provided me this 7000. wonder they are willing to provide me another modem change, hahaa!

renfred89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
yes, the 7000 supports ADSL.
ckaJIDB.jpg

the grey cable below is the telephone cable connecting it.

yeah, that's one thing that they might shoot me with. i change my modem before, it was last year when my old 2Wire 2701HGV-e starts giving me intermittent broadband connection and they provided me this 7000. wonder they are willing to provide me another modem change, hahaa!

never try never know.. perhaps if they are unwilling to change to other models, perhaps u can try asking for a replacement..

sneggg

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I'm using the 7003 router in the middle room the WiFi on 5ghz is only one bar :(

Seems like need to get the Asus router

abstrax

Reaction score
I'm using the 7003 router in the middle room the WiFi on 5ghz is only one bar :(

Seems like need to get the Asus router

5Ghz band wifi tends to have lower coverage than the 2.4Ghz band....u might consider tat b4 getting the Asus....

usarmy

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi,

Anyone faced issues connecting VPN via the 7003?

I have a colleague whom just got his fibre line today. No problem accessing the internet but when he tries to uses VPN (Cisco VPN client), he can't connect.

1688 was unable to help and re-direct him to Aztech Tech support.

My other colleagues whom is also on Singtel Fibre (using 2Wire 5012) have no issues with thier VPN connections.

Thank you

I have the same problem. Anyone can resolved this? Exactly the same issue, 2Wire 5012 no problem, go to 7003AC router then got problem. My VPN gateway confirm working fine as I use 4G hotspot it I can connect to the VPN.

ideatalk

Reaction score
I have the same problem. Anyone can resolved this? Exactly the same issue, 2Wire 5012 no problem, go to 7003AC router then got problem. My VPN gateway confirm working fine as I use 4G hotspot it I can connect to the VPN.

check with singtel and see what their expert says

JeNoVa-IcHiGo

Reaction score

Probably on another thread they posted there's so far only 1 firmware for the 7002(read, 7002, not 7003) with firmware from June 2014 that works for VPN.

Therefore you might want to enquire with the tech support to see if they can arrange for the change of your router to that model & firmware, but of course, take note that wireless speed performance drops :s22::s22:

chungleung

Reaction score
hi

What is the default password for the following users account Administrator and Support. I want to change their passwords. I am referring to Singtel/AZtech router FG7003. Thanks

VanSaim

Reaction score
For those whom are having problems with Aztech routers, check the firmware version and in the DMZ. Are all your devices, PCs are in the DMZ list, look at the IP and MAC?
http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/n...e-amazing-discovery-7000-routers-4805234.html

Aztech automatically update my Aztech 7000GRV one night and I found out that after the update the SingTel Utilities speedtest had improve.

Hopefully, the ghost of Aztech at mid-night will come to haunt your router. :s13:

PS. unless something is disable to prevent the firmware update.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.