Aztech DSL7000GRV router from Singtel

vdiekeaps

Reaction score
As a result, the wired connection does not have internet connection but wireless does. What could be the cause for this? I thought both Wireless AP and wired from the same router should share the same settings. The NAS which is connected to this router (in switch mode) lan point does not seem to see internet and shows WAN address as 0.0.0.0

cyberet

Reaction score
thats wierd.
wired and wireless should both be able to access the internet.
is the LAN dhcp disabled on router 2?

Igene

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just wondering if this router support DDNS (IP cam)?
Cannot see the option in the config page liao... :s22:

enyzqn

Reaction score
does anyone know how to enable the Phone 2 on the optical network terminal or enable VoIP on the aztech router? i have 2 phone in my house but ..by default the singtel people helped me to setup on only one phone , and directly connect my phone onto the Phone 1 port on the optical network terminal . when i tried to directly connect my 2nd phone onto Phone 2 port , theres no light on the Phone 2 LED . isit the interface is down ? if so how to i enable it o.o....tried 192.168.1.254 but no such option inside

ideatalk

Reaction score
does anyone know how to enable the Phone 2 on the optical network terminal or enable VoIP on the aztech router? i have 2 phone in my house but ..by default the singtel people helped me to setup on only one phone , and directly connect my phone onto the Phone 1 port on the optical network terminal . when i tried to directly connect my 2nd phone onto Phone 2 port , theres no light on the Phone 2 LED . isit the interface is down ? if so how to i enable it o.o....tried 192.168.1.254 but no such option inside

if not wrong, the phone2 can only be activated by the ISPs

Twinsen

Reaction score
Aztech delivered the dsl7002grv to me this afternoon... On dual band now, 5ghz on my iPhone 5, ipad 3 and laptop.... Download and upload speed is slightly faster only...

rainmanreigns

Reaction score
As a result, the wired connection does not have internet connection but wireless does. What could be the cause for this? I thought both Wireless AP and wired from the same router should share the same settings. The NAS which is connected to this router (in switch mode) lan point does not seem to see internet and shows WAN address as 0.0.0.0

Make sure you've disabled dhcp on router 2. The devices you are connecting to router 2 via LAN should be getting a dns setting pointing to the main gateway Router ip (192.168.1.254). You may want to set ip/dns manually first to see if it is a dhcp problem.

StanII

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i shld hve agree to the trial if i had known that they deliver to our home

mine i had to self collect, there was no delivery option available.

Aztech delivered the dsl7002grv to me this afternoon... On dual band now, 5ghz on my iPhone 5, ipad 3 and laptop.... Download and upload speed is slightly faster only...

this is the difference for mine using my HTC One, huge compared to the Pace 5520, noticed that it is slower on my brother's iPhone 5 too.

Pace 5520:
Screenshot_2013-07-16-14-06-10_zps0e5d81fc.png

Aztech 7002GRV (dual band):
Screenshot_2013-07-16-12-15-58_zpsf23cc63b.png

Last edited:

layzibum22

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Is there any particular settings we can do to help solve no internet access issue when CISCO VPN is connected through this router on Singtel Fibre?

Thank you!

DaRRenLieW

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, need help here. Few day ago I got this router set up for my 200mbps fibre plan. Wired connection max is alway 90+Mbps download spd and 100+Mbps upload spd. Tested online via speediest , vq and also singlet website.
*tested with desktop and laptop*

So Singtel send down a technician to check and when they use their own laptop + cable their laptop show 200+Mbps download speed and 100+ upload speed. I was puzzle and the technician told me it could be both my computer gigabit port only support max up to 1gb hence the reason why I cannot cross over 100 Mbps download spd.

Can anyone enlighten me on this ? Else I will be paying for a 100mbps connection when I actually sign up for 200mbps

layzibum22

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, need help here. Few day ago I got this router set up for my 200mbps fibre plan. Wired connection max is alway 90+Mbps download spd and 100+Mbps upload spd. Tested online via speediest , vq and also singlet website.

So Singtel send down a technician to check and when they use their own laptop + cable their laptop show 200+Mbps download speed and 100+ upload speed. I was puzzle and the technician told me it could be both my computer gigabit port only support max up to 1gb hence the reason why I cannot cross over 100 Mbps download spd.

Can anyone enlighten me on this ? Else I will be paying for a 100mbps connection when I actually sign up for 200mbps

Hmmmm if ur computer is gigabit port, it should be able to hit 200mbps and higher.

How old is your computer? If he meant to say that your computer port is 100mbps, than it makes sense.

If not would be other factors already.

mr_voodoo

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

I have the same issue, my intel LAN port always registers way below advertised speeds. RealTek Lan port hits advertised speeds.

In real world usage when downloading files of my NAS or steam game downloads the Intel always performs slightly better. No idea why though.

ykeen

Reaction score
Is there any particular settings we can do to help solve no internet access issue when CISCO VPN is connected through this router on Singtel Fibre?

Thank you!

Its more like routing table not router issue ..

See if you can allow local lan access (although your VPN admininstrator/server can override yours) :
https://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6120/products_configuration_example09186a0080702992.shtml#s3
local-lan-3k-8.gif

or manually change your routing table.. ;)

Cisco VPN client connects, but restricts LAN access even when option is ENABLED...

Fellowes

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Erm, sorry I have been reading the thread. I have been singtel fibre users for 3 years. Recently called Singtel to change from lousy Pace 5520N to Aztech DSL7000GRV modem. Any idea how to enable 5Ghz just the step on previous page kind of chim and how to get singtel to change to the dual band latest Aztech DSL7002GRV?

redevils

Master Member
Reaction score
Erm, sorry I have been reading the thread. I have been singtel fibre users for 3 years. Recently called Singtel to change from lousy Pace 5520N to Aztech DSL7000GRV modem. Any idea how to enable 5Ghz just the step on previous page kind of chim and how to get singtel to change to the dual band latest Aztech DSL7002GRV?

No point configuring the 7000 to use 5Ghz as tested by a few kind forumers here, the wireless speed of 5Ghz is even slower as compared to 2.4Ghz in terms of download.

For the 7002, i think is still on trial period and only through invitation so i doubt u can get them to change for u

Fellowes

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
No point configuring the 7000 to use 5Ghz as tested by a few kind forumers here, the wireless speed of 5Ghz is even slower as compared to 2.4Ghz in terms of download.

For the 7002, i think is still on trial period and only through invitation so i doubt u can get them to change for u

Thanks for the quick reply. Just tried the 5GHz test, make until no connection, reset modem as its worse than 2.4GHz.

As for the trial modem from singtel, is choose by singtel right not sign up for testing?

redevils

Master Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the quick reply. Just tried the 5GHz test, make until no connection, reset modem as its worse than 2.4GHz.

As for the trial modem from singtel, is choose by singtel right not sign up for testing?

Yup, chosen by singtel

Perhaps we can see the new 7002 debut on Sept COMEX?

Fellowes

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yup, chosen by singtel

Perhaps we can see the new 7002 debut on Sept COMEX?

One last question, any idea how to enable samba file sharing. I have already plug in my thumb drive into the back of the modem, access the admin page I already see my thumb drive and checked enabled samba server with server mode: guest.

Can you teach me how to make my pc able to access the storage?
Server Mode: Guest, Workgroup OR Domain

Edited Nevermind, i manage to access with file sharing already. Thanks

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.