Cancellation of fibre

luciferangel

Reaction score
Hey guys does anyone know how much is it to terminate fibre broadband from m1, 5 months into contract??

lohsenglte

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hey guys does anyone know how much is it to terminate fibre broadband from m1, 5 months into contract??
Any reasons why you suddenly wanted to terminate your fibre early? :o

Btw, the cost for termination is listed clearly in the broadband contract. You have to refer to it for confirmation.

Alternatively, you have to call in to M1 to check.

Sent from Redmi Note 4 MTK using GAGT

luciferangel

Reaction score
Any reasons why you suddenly wanted to terminate your fibre early? :o

Btw, the cost for termination is listed clearly in the broadband contract. You have to refer to it for confirmation.

Alternatively, you have to call in to M1 to check.

Its kinda bad haha. The speed is really slow i thought it would be faster. When i bought the line, m1 representatives told me i can upgrade my speed. So i be like i can upgrade if i ever feel its too slow. Then when i went ahead to try and upgrade, they said you cant upgrade internet speed till the 20th month. So might as well cancel as i cant put up with this dawdling speed

jury_pack

Master Member
Reaction score
How bad is the performance? If it's like 300-600mbps on wireless is normal. The speeds advertised are for cable connection, and a lot of factors that will affect speed too.

lohsenglte

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Its kinda bad haha. The speed is really slow i thought it would be faster. When i bought the line, m1 representatives told me i can upgrade my speed. So i be like i can upgrade if i ever feel its too slow. Then when i went ahead to try and upgrade, they said you cant upgrade internet speed till the 20th month. So might as well cancel as i cant put up with this dawdling speed
20th month is just 1 month away...? May as well wait, since you alr "suffered" for 19 months?

Btw I'm on M1 300Mbps Fibre (upgraded from 100 to 150 to 200 now 300 over the 6+ years) and I didn't find things slow... Hmmm...

Sent from Redmi Note 4 MTK using GAGT

tungsten2

Master Member
Reaction score
Slow is subjective
TS, you never provide details
1. Wired / wireless connectiom
2. What cpu are you using
3. What is the connection status
4. What bb plan 500 mbps/1Gbps
5.compare direct ont , what you get.
6. What router you using

Kapish

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
it's better to sign up for another ISP and keep the M1 as a backup.
doesn't make sense to cough up money for nothing.

Henry Ng

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Are u sure it is M1 that is slow? Some websites are slow because they are supposed to be blocked. Sometime it is your computer limitations.

Henry Ng

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
it's better to sign up for another ISP and keep the M1 as a backup.
doesn't make sense to cough up money for nothing.

All isp are same same but different.

Last edited:

sadboy

Master Member
Reaction score
1. You are connecting on Wire or Wi-Fi?
2. What your current plan speed? Actually no point upgrade the fiber when you can't get the max speed on the current plan.

wsong2007

Reaction score
Termination fees for Viewqwest is $125.75 !

Hi there,

I do not know about the M1 termination fees, however, I am moving from Viewqwest to M1 in 2 months times after my Viewqwest contract is over.

Got a shock that ViewQwest termination fee is $125.75. (after full payment of 24 months contract.)

ViewQwest was pretty good more than 1 year ago...

Now .....

Peering to China website is very bad. (almost none); subscribed to their Freedom VPN also no difference. (already give up calling them; now using my M1 mobile 4G for China website)

"Dad ! are you downloading something ?" - my son would ask me this question 3-4 times a week - cos his internet connection for casual gaming every week night would somehow slow down ...

Thank all for sharing .....

jury_pack

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi there,

I do not know about the M1 termination fees, however, I am moving from Viewqwest to M1 in 2 months times after my Viewqwest contract is over.

Got a shock that ViewQwest termination fee is $125.75. (after full payment of 24 months contract.)

Now .....

Peering to China website is very bad. (almost none); subscribed to their Freedom VPN also no difference. (already give up calling them; now using my M1 mobile 4G for China website)

"Dad ! are you downloading something ?" - my son would ask me this question 3-4 times a week - cos his internet connection for casual gaming every week night would somehow slow down ...

China is locking down their country network, nothing that our ISP can do.

tungsten2

Master Member
Reaction score
China Will Reportedly Ban Personal VPNs by February 2018

VPN-Blocked-in-China-The-Great-Firewall-Strikes-Again.png

Trans-Am

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi there,

Now .....

Iirc the $125.75 is charge by NetLink Trust (aka open net).

Sent from ┬──┬ ノ( ゜-゜ノ) 
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻ using GAGT

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.