Changing ISP - Enough time for IT Show

belgarionx

Reaction score
Need some advice. My current contract with MR ends on 26 Sep. I want to sign new contract with M1 and was thinking of waiting for IT Show to signup and get freebies but not sure if there's enough time to setup by my contract end date if I do it like that. Any advice?

lohsenglte

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
There are a lot of factors. One of which is the NLT overcapacity issue. Some areas face this issue, and it can take months before you can get connected if you are not willing to be disconnected for a few days as the current port (on MR) is ported over to M1 when the contract ends.

If there's no overcapacity issues, you can actually get connected to M1's Fibre network around 2 weeks after you signed up through the another port in the TP (the white box on the wall).

Need some advice. My current contract with MR ends on 26 Sep. I want to sign new contract with M1 and was thinking of waiting for IT Show to signup and get freebies but not sure if there's enough time to setup by my contract end date if I do it like that. Any advice?

queerquirks

Master Member
Reaction score
Why the switch to M1? Hows MR fibre service?, planning to switch from singtel due to cost ( removing mio tv bundle and get standalone fibre)

belgarionx

Reaction score
There are a lot of factors. One of which is the NLT overcapacity issue. Some areas face this issue, and it can take months before you can get connected if you are not willing to be disconnected for a few days as the current port (on MR) is ported over to M1 when the contract ends.

If there's no overcapacity issues, you can actually get connected to M1's Fibre network around 2 weeks after you signed up through the another port in the TP (the white box on the wall).

Thanks man. Looks like probably better for me to make the switch now T.T

belgarionx

Reaction score
Why the switch to M1? Hows MR fibre service?, planning to switch from singtel due to cost ( removing mio tv bundle and get standalone fibre)

My connection with MR has been quite spotty for the past year. Like in 1 hour of connection, there will be 1 or 2 minutes where the network drops to a crawl. Dunno why like that. They were super good for my first 2 years of contract but after that I find not very good. I even changed 2 routers but still spotty. Any way, even if it's not their fault, no harm trying out M1 and see if their cheaper package is alright

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.