Which Fibre Broadband is better?

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Boltersdriveer
Share This Page
HardwareZone.com on Facebook

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 14-06-2012, 05:25 PM   #1

Which Fibre Broadband is better?

i was at starhub today cos my maxonline contract is going to be up. wanted to signed up for the max infinity home bundle then the sales person told me so many charges and costs for installation and cancellation. So i thought better do some research 1st.

I was browsing thru the forum and saw a lot of negative feedback on Starhub Fibre, anyone who is using other provider have better experience to share, since now there are so many provider, very confused.

Thanks in advance.
brazzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-2012, 05:36 PM   #2
Master Member

3 Providers you can consider: ViewQwest, MyRepublic and SuperInternet. My advise is not to go for the big 3. Actually, M1 might be fine, just their contention issues.
Qubicfactor and Pengsp like this.
Boltersdriveer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-2012, 09:01 PM   #3
Supremacy Member

3 Providers you can consider: ViewQwest, MyRepublic and SuperInternet.
agreed..any of these 3 is fine
Old 20-06-2012, 10:06 AM   #4

3 Providers you can consider: ViewQwest, MyRepublic and SuperInternet. My advise is not to go for the big 3. Actually, M1 might be fine, just their contention issues.
You never know if one day Singtel & Starhub come out and say in order to "improve" our service, we will limit your data, speed limit to blah blah blah...
Pengsp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-06-2012, 10:53 AM   #5
Master Member

i was at starhub today cos my maxonline contract is going to be up. wanted to signed up for the max infinity home bundle then the sales person told me so many charges and costs for installation and cancellation. So i thought better do some research 1st.

I was browsing thru the forum and saw a lot of negative feedback on Starhub Fibre, anyone who is using other provider have better experience to share, since now there are so many provider, very confused.

Thanks in advance.
Not that many actually, only six, of which 3 are your traffic light providers.

Somehow SH seems to have serious backend issues for some reason, despite being 1.5 yrs since the start of fibre service.

Personally I would look at either MR or VQ.
Old 20-06-2012, 08:50 PM   #6

Yeah. I can't find any good experiences with the big 3. Are they really bad? My green contract also ended and they offer me 3000 reward pts to recontract. 3000?? Forget it. I'm jumping to MR.
romanohairi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-06-2012, 09:00 PM   #7
Master Member

Yeah. I can't find any good experiences with the big 3. Are they really bad? My green contract also ended and they offer me 3000 reward pts to recontract. 3000?? Forget it. I'm jumping to MR.
They sent me a promotion to sign up for MIF Ultimate yesterday. Too late, SH. Already going purple.
Boltersdriveer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-06-2012, 09:08 PM   #8
Supremacy Member

lol. I could never find any use for their points. All the good stuff redeemed and never replenish one.
alvinaloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-06-2012, 10:06 PM   #9
Arch-Supremacy Member

never go singtel, i just got charged $100 to debundle my mio plan.

really lock those ppl who subscribe to those bundle to death.
|||||||||| is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.