Free upgrade from exPlore Home 50 to 100

mrsun18

Master Member
Reaction score

Anyway does anyone have problem with the low international speed? I did some test to LA the speed is around 2 - 5 Mbps.
I have no issue with my speed, both ethernet and wireless.

How did you test your speed? If you use ST's utility to test, you will find a great deal of difference (much better) compared to results from speedtest.net. They use dilfferent testing methodology.

Your speed measured with ethernet or wireless? Again may have big difference.

Lastly, it is download or upload speed?

EclipseL

Reaction score
I have no issue with my speed, both ethernet and wireless.

How did you test your speed? If you use ST's utility to test, you will find a great deal of difference (much better) compared to results from speedtest.net. They use dilfferent testing methodology.

Your speed measured with ethernet or wireless? Again may have big difference.

Lastly, it is download or upload speed?

Download speed that is low.

ideatalk

Reaction score
I am waiting for them to call back again.

Anyway does anyone have problem with the low international speed? I did some test to LA the speed is around 2 - 5 Mbps.

call back is for the $100? if so, i suggest u call them to confirm it and ask them to record on their system to avoid dispute. from the post u can know that not all who called will have the same answer.....some got good result while others may not..

if your speed is an issue then call them to resolve. if the problem persist then i believe they will upgrade your speed to resolve the issue.

EclipseL

Reaction score
call back is for the $100? if so, i suggest u call them to confirm it and ask them to record on their system to avoid dispute. from the post u can know that not all who called will have the same answer.....some got good result while others may not..

if your speed is an issue then call them to resolve. if the problem persist then i believe they will upgrade your speed to resolve the issue.

Not because of the 100. Is because I send them second email. Says that it unfair treatment to 50 Users. If they can give you and yet he can't give us is a unfair treatment. And who cares about their 100 bucks waiver seriously.

To boiboi86:
Yeah I understand that feeling. If they not going to upgrade the plan then I after my contract is up, I will switch to other providers too. Since Singtel is never a Loyal Providers about what I can see. I don't want to use some plans that they doesn't intended to sell anymore.

xtwis7

Arch-Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
At the end of the day. ST cares more about their bottomline since our country has an interest in them.

mrsun18

Master Member
Reaction score
At the end of the day. ST cares more about their bottomline since our country has an interest in them.
At the end of the day, whatever service providers offer, it is the customers who decides which plans are best for them. Service providers can do what they want. Customers vote with their feet.

EclipseL

Reaction score
At the end of the day, whatever service providers offer, it is the customers who decides which plans are best for them. Service providers can do what they want. Customers vote with their feet.

Agreed. Anyway ST is get more and more worse. And there are more and more providers coming up. If people say they are good, I will ask if a good provider will get fine for 380k for Home Line and Mio TV? Anyway it does not link. But Singtel is not worth it. Most of my family already switch to other providers.

EclipseL

Reaction score
Agreed. Anyway ST is get more and more worse. And there are more and more providers coming up. If people say they are good, I will ask if a good provider will get fine for 380k for Home Line and Mio TV? Anyway it does not link. But Singtel is not worth it. Most of my family already switch to other providers.

And anyway it done already.. They finally agreed to give me the upgrade after my second email.

xavier_xw

Master Member
Reaction score
actually I am using the explor home 50 plan from singtel, but my monthly sub fee is $59.9.

when I first saw their ads on newspaper that explore home 100 is only $69.9 with unlimited internet bandwidth, I am very tempted to upgrade. then I did a speedtest, and found out the 15mbps international cap was no long there even for my 50mbps plan. now I am thinking twice.

the other thing about the 100mbps plan is the new gateway/router, is it significantly better than the 5012nv one? other than the 4 gigabite ethernet port?

wrt54gs

Reaction score
The only reason I stuck around was the fact that I was enjoying the multi-line discount of 30% previously and the annual handset upgrade.

Now that 3 of my lines are under CIS and the 4th one is only 25%, after doing the calculations, the current MyRepublic offer of 4 months free seems to make it cheaper overall. This is after factoring in my home DEL line of $27.50/qtr and I do not need the mioTV service

The only drawback is the handset upgrade.. :(

Do you think the yearly handset upgrade is free?

For example. your current plan is S$69.9 (Mio++fixed line + Fiber plan)
but there is another plan S$49.9 (fiber+fix line (only),
if you select second, you can save S$20/mth, then 12 months you save S$240.

I think you are free to upgrade your handset if you want to pay S$240/year

duhduhduh

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
diu

i am on the explor home 50 plan as well.. why no love for earlier sign-ups (aka old users now)????!

ideatalk

Reaction score
singtel coming out with new variations of offers........lets see which one will affect the existing customers.

guile

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
For those who upgraded to exPlore Home 100, do do you still get the free Family channels (channel 104 etc)?

Kvicez

Reaction score
call 1688:s12:

I did, a few weeks ago.

The CSO told me that I can upgrade to the better plan... when my contract is up, which is June next year. I pushed on further and she said that I bought my plan with the laptop promotion, which is already a PREMIUM...

:s22:

ideatalk

Reaction score
explore Home 100 with free mobile broadband

did u guy receive the free mobile broadband when u upgraded to th exPlore Home 100 plan?

LaGuNa84

Reaction score
When did this free upgrade thing happen? LOL I'm on explore home 50 and shocked to see that the offer is only valid til October...

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.