Just got a Starhub 1GBPS. What next?

idjekyll

Reaction score
Starhub just came to fix up my 1gbps broadband. I'm wondering what most of you would do in terms of settings? I'm a noob so any help would do.

ZrE0_Cha0s

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Settings meaning your router? Or ONT?
I would suggest u use the default srttungs for a month to see if there is any issues arise. If have record it. And compare the time and what are things u doing. Tablulate a result over a month. If issues is less than 20% or up to whichever u want, then I think it's still ok.

If consecutive days have the same issues happening, just sound out to them and record your issues. At least this way u can know if the fault really lies on yours or their.

eric3743

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If you are provided the free Linksys router.
Follow the guide to set up the router and update latest firmware, as stated.
I never fiddle the settings except rename the SSID and password.

idjekyll

Reaction score
Ok I'll update the firmware. Anyway I got an issue. Speed test shows my connection is good as expected but Starhub Go and WhatsApp downloads are very slow. Any ideas?

ZrE0_Cha0s

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Ok I'll update the firmware. Anyway I got an issue. Speed test shows my connection is good as expected but Starhub Go and WhatsApp downloads are very slow. Any ideas?

maybe u can state which version of the firmware and devices u using?

i would say that whatsapp download shouldn't have any issues unless u talking about large download, but starhub go maybe would have in terms of the connections and the devices u using to watch.

eric3743

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Regarding to Starhub Go on computer.

Browser require flash, so for example; Chrome cannot use incognito mode.
Other browsers require to install flash in order for Starhub Go to run.

Starhub Go only allow 1 Hub iD per connection at any one time.
To clear other devices, on the computer (not phone) log in with the Hub iD to Starhub Go.
On the top right 3 horizontal bars on the main page after login, click and select "My Device".
This option allow you to clear or refresh all or selected devices, the Starhub Go link to your Hub iD.

Best is to clear the cache & history if Starhub Go is a bit problematic.
But this should not be the case.

As in streaming, the start could take a few seconds to download the initial screen and after that it should not be any issue as buffer is good.

For Whatsapp, i do not use it so unable to advice.

idjekyll

Reaction score
maybe u can state which version of the firmware and devices u using?

i would say that whatsapp download shouldn't have any issues unless u talking about large download, but starhub go maybe would have in terms of the connections and the devices u using to watch.
I'm using the linksys given which is the EA7500 Ac1900. Last checked the firmware was up to date according to the linksys app. Is Starhub Go only able to connect to a specific broadband connection? I'm actually using my mom's starhub TV for the SH Go app.

ZrE0_Cha0s

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I'm using the linksys given which is the EA7500 Ac1900. Last checked the firmware was up to date according to the linksys app. Is Starhub Go only able to connect to a specific broadband connection? I'm actually using my mom's starhub TV for the SH Go app.

sorry i mean to say like which devices u using to watch SH go? as for specific broadband connections i dun think so :o

but would be your devices that might affect the connections.

idjekyll

Reaction score
Regarding to Starhub Go on computer.

Browser require flash, so for example; Chrome cannot use incognito mode.
Other browsers require to install flash in order for Starhub Go to run.

Starhub Go only allow 1 Hub iD per connection at any one time.
To clear other devices, on the computer (not phone) log in with the Hub iD to Starhub Go.
On the top right 3 horizontal bars on the main page after login, click and select "My Device".
This option allow you to clear or refresh all or selected devices, the Starhub Go link to your Hub iD.

Best is to clear the cache & history if Starhub Go is a bit problematic.
But this should not be the case.

As in streaming, the start could take a few seconds to download the initial screen and after that it should not be any issue as buffer is good.

For Whatsapp, i do not use it so unable to advice.
I'm the only one who uses the starhub go and it's always on my phone. It's fine when I'm at my parent's place but once I'm at home with the new starhub broadband, its stuck loading at the splash page. Just the spinning loading wheel for a very long time. I just noticed my Netflix is also affected. Maybe it's just my connection. I'm getting a professional to do some troubleshooting. Soon.

eric3743

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I'm the only one who uses the starhub go and it's always on my phone. It's fine when I'm at my parent's place but once I'm at home with the new starhub broadband, its stuck loading at the splash page. Just the spinning loading wheel for a very long time. I just noticed my Netflix is also affected. Maybe it's just my connection. I'm getting a professional to do some troubleshooting. Soon.
For phone on wireless.
Ensure the phone is connected to 5GHz SSID.
Your phone most likely is on 2.4GHz SSID as default on first time connect to Linksys router as I had tested n review.
The 5GHz SSID usually have the word "5GHz" added behind to the 2.4GHz SSID.
That is most phones are dual band.
Do a speed test via Ookla app to know the speed as various on model.

Btw try watch YouTube to see if it is streaming related issue.
This would be the likely issue.
And do use to surf n other staff on internet.
Also any issue in watching via computer via wired connection.

Last edited:

Henry Ng

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
For phone on wireless.
Ensure the phone is connected to 5GHz SSID.
Your phone most likely is on 2.4GHz SSID as default on first time connect to Linksys router as I had tested n review.
The 5GHz SSID usually have the word "5GHz" added behind to the 2.4GHz SSID.
That is most phones are dual band.
Do a speed test via Ookla app to know the speed as various on model.

Btw try watch YouTube to see if it is streaming related issue.
This would be the likely issue.
And do use to surf n other staff on internet.
Also any issue in watching via computer via wired connection.

Some phone is just N standard 5Ghz so it is about 100-120 Mbps while AC 1X1 is 200-300 Mbps.

derrickgoh

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Presumably TS is on starhub DNS? How about trying google DNS to seed if got any improvements in speed?

Im a potential starhub customer & heard many ppl complaining about starhub DNS server & saying better speed & stability with google DNS instead.

idjekyll

Reaction score
Presumably TS is on starhub DNS? How about trying google DNS to seed if got any improvements in speed?

Im a potential starhub customer & heard many ppl complaining about starhub DNS server & saying better speed & stability with google DNS instead.

How do I do that? Or if you could point me in the right direction that would be appreciated :)

eric3743

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
How do I do that? Or if you could point me in the right direction that would be appreciated :)
Currently there is no issue try not to "play around" the settings.

Your issue now is on streaming.
It may take awhile to be stable.

Else you could contact hotline 1633 direct to Broadband tech support line via prompt, not cs.
Request to Refresh your IP and/or explain your streaming issue which they may able to advice.
This is an option.

chesterqw

Great Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
maybe you can try continuously pinging something
e.g. "ping -t 8.8.8.8"

then see if there are sudden breaks.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.