HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Just gotten keys to my bto

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-11-2017, 03:11 AM   #1

Just gotten keys to my bto

Basically Opennet already installed the fibre point. But my 2 bedrooms and masterbedroom are provided with rj11 telephone point.

I opened up one of the telephone point to ensure the cables are ready for converting rj11 to data points.

My question is, how do i connect up my desktop pc (i want wired connection because i game) in such a way that:

1) isp modem & ont will be placed in the DB cabinet
2) 1 ethernet cable to connect from ont to the data point in DB cabinet to provide the connection to all the converted Data points in my 2 bedrooms and masterbedroom
KarmaStrikesBack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2017, 06:37 AM   #2

The single data point in the db box is likely connect to the living room data point.
Hence you need to have someone to do the conversion from telephone point to data point, at both end.
Get a network contractor or ISP to handle the conversion.
eric3743 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2017, 06:42 AM   #3

Note.
Please do not create 2 threads on the same title.
Seek the forum moderator to merge your threads.
eric3743 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2017, 10:54 AM   #4

Basically Opennet already installed the fibre point. But my 2 bedrooms and masterbedroom are provided with rj11 telephone point.

I opened up one of the telephone point to ensure the cables are ready for converting rj11 to data points.

My question is, how do i connect up my desktop pc (i want wired connection because i game) in such a way that:

1) isp modem & ont will be placed in the DB cabinet
2) 1 ethernet cable to connect from ont to the data point in DB cabinet to provide the connection to all the converted Data points in my 2 bedrooms and masterbedroom
1. After you convert all your Telephone to datapoint.

2. Your ONT (ONR/Router) all would be at DB cabinet. Connect the LAN port 1/2/3/4 from ONR/Router to the room data point. (MBR // 2 bedroom)

3. Connect the LAN cable from your room data point to your desktop / AP / etc.
Apex is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.