M1 FIBRE BROADBAND DISCUSSION

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sorcerer84

Reaction score
Suspect my cable might be faulty. Let me buy a new > Cat5e and give it a try again. Thanks!

Henry Ng

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Suspect my cable might be faulty. Let me buy a new > Cat5e and give it a try again. Thanks!

Possible but quite unlikely. May be it is your LAN card faulty or you have installed some software that affect the internet connection. May be some firewall setting that affect the internet connection. That's why I usually do not touch the firewall default setting much, only a bit.

Last edited:

j_t_fusion

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
if possible try ONT -> PC, using the LAN cable from asus.

if both cables also give you <100mbps then most probably is m1 gave you the wrong plan.

Henry Ng

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
if possible try ONT -> PC, using the LAN cable from asus.

if both cables also give you <100mbps then most probably is m1 gave you the wrong plan.

May be it is an internet provisioning error by the isp. 200Mbps plan provisioned as 100Mbps plan. Must get Ah wise help to reprovision the right speed.

Last edited:

Kiddream

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi all, I just had my Fiber broadband installed. It was all good until I switched off the ONT box and reposition it to tidy up my setup. Now the LOS light is blinking red and I'm not able to get a connection. Any idea what's wrong?

Henry Ng

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi all, I just had my Fiber broadband installed. It was all good until I switched off the ONT box and reposition it to tidy up my setup. Now the LOS light is blinking red and I'm not able to get a connection. Any idea what's wrong?
Switch off the ONT, router and your notebook for ~ 10 min. Check that all the cable connection is ok and the power plug is plug in properly. Then switch on the ONT first and wait for it to be ready, then switch on the router and wait till it is ready. Then switch on your notebook to surf. If the problem is still there just call 1627 for help.

luei74

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Did u bend the fibre optic cable? FYI, the fibre optic cable cannot be bend.

Kiddream

Master Member
Reaction score
My fiber broadband is up again. Turns out it was because the fiber cable was bend when I was trying to hide it behind my TV console. After straightening the wire, there's no more red blinking light.

Last edited:

luei74

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just to be careful and remember that the optical cable (carries the source of light) cannot be bend like other cable i.e power cable, lan cable & coaxial cable.

My finer broadband is up again. Turns out it was because the fiber cable was bend when I was trying to hide it behind my TV console. After straightening the wire, there's no more red blinking light.

lecturepad

Reaction score
guys, my torrent speed got really slow for no reason since days back.
max speed is 200kbps for all...

T3rmite

Reaction score
I am currently still on contract using M1 Fibre Broadband 200Mbps paying $39/mth.

Today, I called the CSO if I can upgrade to GamePRO 300Mbps @ $55/mth (thinking that the GamePRO may have better ping time to US):

The answer I got was that if I want to upgrade I need to pay $85/mth instead of $55 even if I am willing to sign another 24mths contract. Either that or I can break contract and pay penalty... and sign up again. HELLO! If I am going to break the CONTRACT, u THINK I will sign with your company again???

AND if I am willing to pay $85/mth, subsequently I find the performance is not up to par and wish to downgrade back to 200mbps, I will have have to pay $65/mth and not $39/mth!

In summary, either its me or there is something wrong with M1 sales model which does not like extending business relationship with their customers = dont like loyal customers. So take note, before choosing your plan.

Anyway, if there is anybody who can advise me, how to go about resolving this issue, do let me know.

luei74

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Seems like totally not flexible to me, if we r left with few mths contract I don't see why we can't upgrade with a higher plan for another 2 more yrs.

I am currently still on contract using M1 Fibre Broadband 200Mbps paying $39/mth.

Today, I called the CSO if I can upgrade to GamePRO 300Mbps @ $55/mth (thinking that the GamePRO may have better ping time to US):

The answer I got was that if I want to upgrade I need to pay $85/mth instead of $55 even if I am willing to sign another 24mths contract. Either that or I can break contract and pay penalty... and sign up again. HELLO! If I am going to break the CONTRACT, u THINK I will sign with your company again???

AND if I am willing to pay $85/mth, subsequently I find the performance is not up to par and wish to downgrade back to 200mbps, I will have have to pay $65/mth and not $39/mth!

In summary, either its me or there is something wrong with M1 sales model. So take note, before choosing your plan.

Anyway, if there is anybody who can advise me, how to go about resolving this issue, do let me know.

T3rmite

Reaction score
Seems like totally not flexible to me, if we r left with few mths contract I don't see why we can't upgrade with a higher plan for another 2 more yrs.

Yeah, I am not even asking for freebies. Dont need the modem etc..

j_t_fusion

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
the problems lies with the CSO, they do not know what they are saying.

wait for ahwise to come in and comment or just go down to one of the shops and ask. or if M1 has any form of online contact (email, ticket, forum, etc) that also can.

those CSOs (not just M1) are highly unreliable and inaccuracy... learnt it the hard way when i tried to port from a normal M1 mobile line to a starhub corporate mobile line along with a change of ownership.

Henry Ng

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I am currentlyou ill on contract using M1 Fibre Broadband 200Mbps paying $39/mth.

In summary, either its me or there is something wrong with M1 sales model which does not like extending business relationship with their customers = dont like loyal customers. So take note, before choosing your plan.

Strange la. For ST we can upgrade at any time from 200M to 300M. No reason why U want to recontract and they treat you that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.