M1 FIBRE BROADBAND DISCUSSION / NETWORKING SETUP / INFO / PROMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

ngbc

Master Member
Reaction score
AhWise,

May I suggest that you put the locations of your Roadshow on post#4 and update it on weekly basis? Thanks!

comtt74

Reaction score
ahwise >>

can recommend a wireless router ???

so many brands and some so cheap like $40++..

dunno which to buy for my m1 100mbps fibre

Extract from Ahwise's post at the first page:

4) Any recommendation for Wireless router?
Ans: I have no recommendation but I came across this thread who is sharing the performance of this router EnGenius 9850. Seems a pretty good review and more importantly, its a rather high-end router (with 4 x Gigabit LAN ports) at a price range of $79-$89. Usually such specs will easily fetch a price range of $150.

Best thing about this review. It was test with M1 Fibre Broadband 50Mbps. Click Here
*Please do not quote me that I ask you to get this router. It just a sharing on what I seen.

vengence_angels

Reaction score
Extract from Ahwise's post at the first page:

4) Any recommendation for Wireless router?
Ans: I have no recommendation but I came across this thread who is sharing the performance of this router EnGenius 9850. Seems a pretty good review and more importantly, its a rather high-end router (with 4 x Gigabit LAN ports) at a price range of $79-$89. Usually such specs will easily fetch a price range of $150.

Best thing about this review. It was test with M1 Fibre Broadband 50Mbps. Click Here
*Please do not quote me that I ask you to get this router. It just a sharing on what I seen.

sorry i missed the 1st post..

thanks

AhWise

Reaction score
Yesterday i hv signed up a fibre bb plan with M1 after consulting Alvin who has been very helpful. Only after, i came to realise i hv signed up with a diff sales team from M1 at the roadshow. To give credit to Alvin, pls sign up with his team whenever possible. Just my thought.

Its ok Osel. Just that if mention my name, I'm able to track the case that is referred down by me for all hwz buddies.

Anyway, you can try refer to this for the question you ask me over the phone on your 2WIRE.

PacketMan VoIP and Internet Knowledgebase / How do I bridge my Bigpond 2wire ADSL modem?

sunht

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi, I notice that for 50M and 100M plan, the upload speed is all mentioned as 50M, does that mean there is no difference for these two plan in terms of uploading? Thanks

hchia

Reaction score
Hi AhWise

1. Presently my connection is: TP > ONT (HuaWei EchoLife HG8240) > EnGenius ESR9850

2. The download speed for my First Direct connected PC is about “90 Mbps” which I find OK.

3. But the download speed for my Second Wireless PC is about “20 Mbps” which I strongly feel is slow and unsatisfactory. By the way I had entered the “WPS Pin No” which shows on the device.

4. How to increase the download speed for my Second PC?

5. Is it necessary to cancel the “WPS Pin No” so it will increase the performance for my Second Wireless PC?

1. Problem solved. I changed my EnGenius ESR9850 Setting "Wireless > Security > WPA2(AES)" instead of default "WPA(TKIP), now my download speed for wireless pc is about "57 Mbps" and the upload is about "36 Mbps).

2. Previously, when I chose "WPA(TKIP)", my download speed was about "20 Mbps", now is about "57 Mbps" or 185% increasement.

3. That means "WPA2(AES)" is faster and better than "WPA(TKIP).

HuaiNR

Master Member
Reaction score
I ran some some tests on speedtest.net and found that I'm only getting around 60Mbps for my download (direct connection laptop to ONT). Just called up M1 tech support, ran thru some more test, asked me to disable firewall & antivirus and try again.

Same old sh!t, later she commented, "Actually, for the speed you are getting, it's quite ok already.." Blood boil but didn't want to make a fuss on the phone as my daughter was just beside me at that time. She even mentioned that speed is affected by the computer I'm using.. Running core2duo with windows XP...

Besides this, I also changed my old DIR-300 to EnGenius ESR9850. Connection: ONT port 1 >> EnGenius ESR9850 Wan port. Sad to say, when i placed my laptop directly beside the router, the max download speed achieved is only around 15Mbps.. Wonder if any settings that I need to configure to solve this issue?

HuaiNR

Master Member
Reaction score
I ran some some tests on speedtest.net and found that I'm only getting around 60Mbps for my download (direct connection laptop to ONT). Just called up M1 tech support, ran thru some more test, asked me to disable firewall & antivirus and try again.

Same old sh!t, later she commented, "Actually, for the speed you are getting, it's quite ok already.." Blood boil but didn't want to make a fuss on the phone as my daughter was just beside me at that time. She even mentioned that speed is affected by the computer I'm using.. Running core2duo with windows XP...

Besides this, I also changed my old DIR-300 to EnGenius ESR9850. Connection: ONT port 1 >> EnGenius ESR9850 Wan port. Sad to say, when i placed my laptop directly beside the router, the max download speed achieved is only around 15Mbps.. Wonder if any settings that I need to configure to solve this issue?

Jiraya

Master Member
Reaction score
Now i'm on the ONT and interested to sign up for the Homeline(Porting from Singtel). What's the procedure like?

AhWise

Reaction score
Now i'm on the ONT and interested to sign up for the Homeline(Porting from Singtel). What's the procedure like?

Suggest you to go M1 Shop. Need to activate the voice & sign the number port forms.

AhWise

Reaction score

Your wireless security settings? If you read the previous few post, hchia also had some issue which he posted his solution by switching to WPA2(AES).

binary_0011

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
my ONT modem now got problem, the PON light is off and LOS light is blink every 2 seconds.

what does this mean? modem problem or fiber cable problem?

Very lousy leh, the installation was done on 28 march, use for a week than on Good friday , it went down....

on off modem, plug in and out the cable also doesnt help...

the man came to replace the ONT modem today. now everything is ok.

so lousy huawei...modem spoil in a week...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.