M1 FIBRE BROADBAND DISCUSSION / NETWORKING SETUP / INFO / PROMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

warr

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
wah... your wireless setup so powerful... your wireless router and adapter what brand?

asus n56u + usb-n53 at 5Ghz.

but that 100.00mbps looks unreal. well, at least a perfect number for a record. haha. :)

princessmeow

Reaction score
I just installed my M1 fibre network, 25mbps. I am so eager to download movies with this new toy. But to my dismay the speed is only <5mbps and sometimes as slow as 2mbps. Downloading 3 movies took me 2 days, even slower that I experienced before I "upgraded".
So I called M1 and after a speed test, it shows that M1 connection is good, around 25mbps so it's not the service provider's fault, it's my wireless router problem.
The router I have is E1200 Cisco Linksys. Anybody has any problem with this model being compatible with fibre network?
I spent 2 days talking to 8 different technicians from Cisco and no solution has been found!!! Totally pissed!

AhWise

Reaction score
I just installed my M1 fibre network, 25mbps. I am so eager to download movies with this new toy. But to my dismay the speed is only <5mbps and sometimes as slow as 2mbps. Downloading 3 movies took me 2 days, even slower that I experienced before I "upgraded".
So I called M1 and after a speed test, it shows that M1 connection is good, around 25mbps so it's not the service provider's fault, it's my wireless router problem.
The router I have is E1200 Cisco Linksys. Anybody has any problem with this model being compatible with fibre network?
I spent 2 days talking to 8 different technicians from Cisco and no solution has been found!!! Totally pissed!

Try connect directly from ont to your laptop & test the download again. Check your wireless security, u may want to try using WPA-AES.

Hoo8899

Reaction score
not really normal.

Wireless with EnGenius 9850, I obtained 60 - 70Mbps download and 40 - 50Mbps upload.

Me too, but that is provided that no block to the router. I am using 9850 too and I got 70-80Mbps in living room, but only 30-50Mbps in bedrooms.

Hoo8899

Reaction score

Is 25Mbps = 3MBps? If true then your download speed seems normal, but again with that speed, why need to run 2 days for 3 movies neh? I am noob, please correct me if wrong..

ahmone

Reaction score
white can be use. But need to change the PPOE to Direct IP settings. Connection speed wise would be slower due to the 2WIRE is a Wireless G router which wifi is at 54Mbps.

Black router so far feedback is not able to get it working.

AhWise,

I try to connect 2WIRE 2701HGV (white). I changed setting to direct IP. But no Internet connection out on the config page leh.

Btw, from ONT, I connect the cable to modem broadband port or?

Anyone can advise?

Thanks

Last edited:

AhWise

Reaction score
AhWise,

I try to connect 2WIRE 2701HGV (white). I changed setting to direct IP. But no Internet connection out on the config page leh.

Btw, from ONT, I connect the cable to modem broadband port or?

Anyone can advise?

Thanks

Try restart everything?
U connect the ONT LAN cable to the internet port of the router.

argonautz_87

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
not really normal.

Wireless with EnGenius 9850, I obtained 60 - 70Mbps download and 40 - 50Mbps upload.

I've just realised tt it fluctuates btw 30 to 70Mbps for mine.

As for wired, no doubt at all. :s13:

still have no idea why upload is .......

Last edited:

ngbc

Master Member
Reaction score
Haiz. No luck.

If the firmware of your 2WIRE 2701HGV is v6, then no way to use it for Fibre BB, time to get another router...UNLESS you want to try the method below:

Check your 2wire firmware, if it is V5, then it can be used as a router, but if it is V6, Singnet firmware has disabled WAN router connection function and it cannot be used on Starhub line as a router, it only can act as a wireless Ap point ( to connect Starhub cable to the 2701HGV-E's LAN.
There is another chance for this 2700HGV-E modem as a router with V6 firmware to used on Starhub connection, you may flash it with other firmware and try, but do it at your own risk.
There is Qwest firmware to download. the URL is:

2Wire 270X Firmware Update for Windows and Macintosh

Please note, there is no Singtel V6 firmware to download, so after do that you cannot revert back to Singtel firmware.

regards.

block500

Reaction score
Anyone getting this slow speed for M1?
I been getting it consistently using speedtest,and my plan is 100Mbps.

around 5-6Mbps Download
22-24Mbps for Upload

Is this normal for M1?

Last edited:

wudimax

Reaction score
today just install with fibre
http://www.speedtest.net/result/2048775816.png

quite satified with the result. and constant.

and one thing, today took out my 1box. to my dismay, discover the 1box cant even power on. tried for some times and pack into the bag.

so what should i do?? took a spoilt set, the day u pass to me, i had keep inside till now, wan to use, cant power on. am i suppose to go down to m1 shop to replace? or how huh?

ngbc

Master Member
Reaction score
today just install with fibre
http://www.speedtest.net/result/2048775816.png

quite satified with the result. and constant.

and one thing, today took out my 1box. to my dismay, discover the 1box cant even power on. tried for some times and pack into the bag.

so what should i do?? took a spoilt set, the day u pass to me, i had keep inside till now, wan to use, cant power on. am i suppose to go down to m1 shop to replace? or how huh?

Call 1627.

ABuNeNe

Banned
Reaction score
Is the lappy promo still available? Wanna terminate my Mio Plan with a penalty and change to this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.