M1 FIBRE BROADBAND DISCUSSION / NETWORKING SETUP / INFO / PROMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

AhWise

Reaction score
need some help from bros here

last year comex i signed up fibre with fixed voice, was told that i need to rent the RG in order to use the fixed voice which i did.

however , knowing that the performance of the RG is crap i got my own engenius router and bridge the RG.

recently followed my friend to consult cos he want to sign up
we were told that nowadays the RG is no longer needed for the fixed voice, one can simply plug the phone cable into ONT

is that true?
i call m1 csv hotline and was told that i had to stick to RG because that the plan that i signed up for,
i understand i have to keep the rent of the RG up for the entire of my contract, but my qns is can i still technically get fixed voice to work without the RG?

is it due to older filmware that make the ont not to support fixed voice?

it depends what colour is your ONT, if its the white ONT by Nucleus Connect, you need the RG for the voice service to work. The white ONT has no phone port whereas the black ONT has a phone port for the voice to work.

AhWise

Reaction score
Feel free to drop me a message if required any drop by to your home/workplace to sign up. Avoid the long queue :D

Demonbecks

Reaction score
if I use my own router instead of getting one from M1 will I still be able to have the home fixed voice service?

AhWise

Reaction score
if I use my own router instead of getting one from M1 will I still be able to have the home fixed voice service?

All new sign up now will be given the black ONT will can support fixed voice service.

Most wireless N router compatible to use with ont.

m1connectedhome020612.jpg

jlekssp

Master Member
Reaction score
Can this wireless router be used? DIR600 from dlink. What is the cheapest and gd wireless router that can be used with this M1 fibre?

By the way can we port the voice number over, is there any one time charges or monthly subscription?

Last edited:

Michael Faraday

Reaction score
Can this wireless router be used? DIR600 from dlink. What is the cheapest and gd wireless router that can be used with this M1 fibre?

By the way can we port the voice number over, is there any one time charges or monthly subscription?

router wise is not issues, just connect the ONT 1 of the LAN ports to your WAN port of DIR 600, the VoIP port is at ONT (assuming is a new ONT) if old ONT, u need need a router that is VoIP ready ;)

jlekssp

Master Member
Reaction score
router wise is not issues, just connect the ONT 1 of the LAN ports to your WAN port of DIR 600, the VoIP port is at ONT (assuming is a new ONT) if old ONT, u need need a router that is VoIP ready ;)

Thanks, great....so what about the number porting? I suppose no hidden charges for voice call setup and so on. Starh recently add subscription to it is like forcing those within contract into a no choice situation...

AhWise

Reaction score
Thanks, great....so what about the number porting? I suppose no hidden charges for voice call setup and so on. Starh recently add subscription to it is like forcing those within contract into a no choice situation...

number porting is free =) no charges

rhema83

Reaction score
With so many people wanting to sign up (or signed up), I really hope M1 will invest some of that revenue in upgrading the back end capacity.

Michael Faraday

Reaction score
no prob. number porting is just retain your existing telco fixed line number into m1 VoIP only, i didnt use voip before but last time i think every month is 2 dollar, it since now no more for 24 months contract, IIRC

Boltersdriveer

Reaction score
no prob. number porting is just retain your existing telco fixed line number into m1 VoIP only, i didnt use voip before but last time i think every month is 2 dollar, it since now no more for 24 months contract, IIRC

The $2 was for the RG rental in the past I believe.

philipsony

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
it depends what colour is your ONT, if its the white ONT by Nucleus Connect, you need the RG for the voice service to work. The white ONT has no phone port whereas the black ONT has a phone port for the voice to work.

Mine Is the black huawei ont as shown in the first page if this thread .
I tried plugging my phone line to my black ont's line 1 port.
I called my home using my mobile, the line is able to get through , I can hear the ringing from my mobile phone, but my home phone doesn't ring...

j_t_fusion

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
you cannot just remove the RG and then plug the phone line into the black ONT and expect it to work.

M1 need to do some backend setting before you can use fixed voice on your black ONT without the RG.

whoknows

Reaction score
i recently signed up for the 100mbps and this is the only speed i got.

The daytime is slightly better dl speed at 19mbs but still not advertised as what promise... :s11:

2141489907.png

so guys wanna sign up.. think twice.. god bless u...!

skytan13

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
@who knows

Pretty subjective if u just put a one liner and takes a swipe.

With all the issues with the connection and stuff this is my results with one bar on my Computer in the bedroom.

i have a much better result if i do a speedtest with my lappy in the living room.

thisisnotme1212

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i recently signed up for the 100mbps and this is the only speed i got.

The daytime is slightly better dl speed at 19mbs but still not advertised as what promise... :s11:

2141489907.png

so guys wanna sign up.. think twice.. god bless u...!

hm..why yours so cui?
i'm very happy with mine.

2141579934.png

Connected with a 3m Cat6 to ONT. As fast as it could get.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.