M1 FIBRE BROADBAND DISCUSSION / NETWORKING SETUP / INFO / PROMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

viperjet1

Reaction score
Currently on M1 100mbps plan.

2222024609.png

Test using WIFI. Is this normal ? Seem low download speed.

Please advice

Heidel

Reaction score
AhWise, can you please perform a tracert test for gw1.ibllc.com

I am considering M1 fibre broadband 100Mbps @ $39

Thanks.

pker88

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Currently on M1 100mbps plan.

2222024609.png

Test using WIFI. Is this normal ? Seem low download speed.

Please advice

use wired to test first then update us
if wired get close to 100mb
then its your comp or phone or router faults. or setting

foxybunny

Reaction score
M1 OpenNet Disconnect Frequently Every Few Minutes!!

M1 been disconnecting frequently every few minutes,really need your help to resolve this issue. :( :( :(

Even though there are similar problem that other posters here have encountered, I have read this thread for the last 40-50 and did not really find what I wanted.

I have been with M1 Opennet around Jul-2012 for about 3-4 months now.
It is the 100Mbs.

There are 2-3 netbooks/notebooks that is connected via Wireless ONLY, originally with Cisco E1200 router through Huawei black box modem HG8240.

The notebook here is about 2-months old, and some other netbooks are many years old.
All computers encountered same disconnect problem.

I switched from Starhub Cable as Starhub had too many disconnect, hoping new M1 Opennet would be better.

For the 3-months, M1 seem stable, then around 2 weeks ago from like around 25-Sep thru 30-Sep, the internet connection kept on disconnecting every few minutes throughout the whole day!!!!

Extremely frustrated, called both M1 and Cisco.
M1 said plug directly into modem, and when that was done, did not find any disconnect.
Then plug to router, frequent disconnect and complete no internet access.
Talked to Cisco about 3-4 hours, at the end, same issue with frequent disconnect even though got internet access.

Then I decided to use my much older router but higher model D-Link DI-6125+ (2.4GHz Wireless AirPlusXtreme G+) aound 1-Oct, and internet seem to be back to normal.
Then after a while, still getting frequent disconnect, now usually either at night presuming peak periods and when there are multi-users at home.

All the computers are only like 4-5 metres away from both modem/router and no wall as basically sitting at the living room.

What I find strangest is Why been working for 3-months then suddenly not working?
:s11: :s11:

Both M1 and Cisco helpdesk don't know, even though Cisco helpdesk really spent much time and effort to help me out.

M1 Helpdesk did not do much, just said refer back to router company. And I found out that day many people face similar issues, so I think M1 still has something to do with it. :mad: :mad: :mad:

(a) Could M1 have change some way they transmit the signal and it affected the router ? Need someone from M1, perhaps AhWise can help find this out.

(b) Could the signal updated the Huawei firmware/software affecting the router?

(c) Could automatic Windows(mostly Windows 7 here) affected the drivers and communicating to the router? This would be more difficult to figure out.

After all these frustrations, the older D-Link router is working a bit better, but still have the disconnect especially during night time and multi-users more often.

(d) What else could be affecting the issue here?

(e) If it is a router issue, what is the Best router to get?

(f) Who has actually use this Best router personally and has shown good results and minimal disconnect?

(g) Which specific shop and address to find this Best router at a reasonably good price?

(h) No one mentioned D-Link like the Dual Band Gigahertz, is D-Link still any good or not as a router?

(i) Would a new router helped improved much more than my old D-Link DI-624+ 2.4GHz router?

(j) Any other solution, as complaining to M1 Helpdesk is not working ?

Thanks you all in advance.

liangtam

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
AhWise, can you please perform a tracert test for gw1.ibllc.com

I am considering M1 fibre broadband 100Mbps @ $39

Thanks.

There is a M1 Looking glass page at
M1

Select UDP for standard trace routing

However, the starting connection is from M1 itself and not from end users.

j_t_fusion

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
M1 been disconnecting frequently every few minutes,really need your help to resolve this issue. :( :( :(

Even though there are similar problem that other posters here have encountered, I have read this thread for the last 40-50 and did not really find what I wanted.

It is the 100Mbs.

There are 2-3 netbooks/notebooks that is connected via Wireless ONLY, originally with Cisco E1200 router through Huawei black box modem HG8240.

The notebook here is about 2-months old, and some other netbooks are many years old.

I switched from Starhub Cable as Starhub had too many disconnect, hoping new M1 Opennet would be better.

For the 3-months, M1 seem stable, then around 2 weeks ago from like around 25-Sep thru 30-Sep, the internet connection kept on disconnecting every few minutes throughout the whole day!!!!

M1 said plug directly into modem, and when that was done, did not find any disconnect.
Talked to Cisco about 3-4 hours, at the end, same issue with frequent disconnect even though got internet access.

Then I decided to use my much older router but higher model D-Link DI-6125+ (2.4GHz Wireless AirPlusXtreme G+) aound 1-Oct, and internet seem to be back to normal.
Then after a while, still getting frequent disconnect, now usually either at night presuming peak periods and when there are multi-users at home.

All the computers are only like 4-5 metres away from both modem/router and no wall as basically sitting at the living room.

What I find strangest is Why been working for 3-months then suddenly not working?

Both M1 and Cisco helpdesk don't know, even though Cisco helpdesk really spent much time and effort to help me out.

M1 Helpdesk did not do much, just said refer back to router company. And I found out that day many people face similar issues, so I think M1 still has something to do with it. :mad: :mad: :mad:

(a) Could M1 have change some way they transmit the signal and it affected the router ? Need someone from M1, perhaps AhWise can help find this out.

(c) Could automatic Windows(mostly Windows 7 here) affected the drivers and communicating to the router? This would be more difficult to figure out.

After all these frustrations, the older D-Link router is working a bit better, but still have the disconnect especially during night time and multi-users more often.

(f) Who has actually use this Best router personally and has shown good results and minimal disconnect?

(g) Which specific shop and address to find this Best router at a reasonably good price?

(h) No one mentioned D-Link like the Dual Band Gigahertz, is D-Link still any good or not as a router?

(i) Would a new router helped improved much more than my old D-Link DI-624+ 2.4GHz router?

too many concurrent peer connections...

any laptop running bittorrent or hosting some files/servers...

Devilsire

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

It is the 100Mbs.

During each internet disconnect, do u meant just 1 pc losing connectivity or all devices at the same time?

my guess is most probably router issues when handling multiple concurrent connections. Since u mentioned just 4-5m away without wall interference, i think engenius 9850 shall be the cheapest gigabit router avail that'll meet yr needs.

pker88

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I suspect this issue is hus own usage he over stress. his router limitation on wifi
since wired he test ok
then mostly is Dino what he used t kanna so many issue

actually how many comp he using to conect via wifi
he nevrr stated

since he say so many user will affect thr dlink
its either he torrent or too many user connect same time and Dino what is leeching the bandwidth

BTW don't use Linksys lah its cui
even dlink is better
get a higher end like asus n56 at least since he so into wifi as Asus is stronger on wifi range vs any others

and netbook is a bad platform to speedtest as they got subpar specs
plus use wifi even more worst

user must. control his usage habit even he get a new router if he really doing major torrenting hahaha

good luck

touchme

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
too many concurrent peer connections...

any laptop running bittorrent or hosting some files/servers...

very likely, same xp, both on m1fbb and previously snbb.
once disable seeding, or close torrent..much better.

gladzation

Reaction score
there seemed to be something wrong with my M1 fibre wireless. It disconnects randomly, and even if it were to stay connected, the speed is sometimes very slow. is the problem with my router, HG256? kindly help me thanks.

Loirev

Reaction score
The issue is not with M1 services, as direct connection to the ONT works fine.
What they can troubleshoot is until the ONT end.
So that's why they refer you to Linksys.

Please do the following
1) Scan ALL your laptops for virus, malware, with VARIOUS antivirus s/w.
2) Ensure your windows / Mac OS is updated with latest patches.
3) Update your linksys firmware to latest.
4) If you are torrenting, disable it.
5) Any gaming / downloading?
6) Watching streaming movies?

To help us advice you further, kindly state what exactly is being used on the laptops.

E1200 is good for light usage, as it's a low end router.
It's ram, cpu, etc is lower, thus not able to handle as much multiple concurrent connections, compared to the higher end models.

Do consider investing in a higher end router,
and you may also need to manage your usage patterns.

Loirev

Reaction score
there seemed to be something wrong with my M1 fibre wireless. It disconnects randomly, and even if it were to stay connected, the speed is sometimes very slow. is the problem with my router, HG256? kindly help me thanks.

Check if your RG firmware is v23.
If not, try calling M1 helpdesk, and request an firmware update.
You will need to reboot your RG and router.

If you find the RG wireless performance not be sufficient to satisfy
your needs, do consider investing in a better router.

Recommend ASUS N66u.
It is a bit pricey, but worth it.

pker88

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Recommend ASUS N66u.

totally agred but try to ask for s switch @o the new black ONT then get a asus hahaha

gladzation

Reaction score

Recommend ASUS N66u.

my software version is V100R001C01B023. is it the latest?

but i need the RG for my home line. or how do i set up another router to the RG without losing the home line?

pker88

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
go ask for a swticg yo the new ONT black. one
its all on one
so u use own router then it more stable I have no issue n wired wireless too
using egneius esr600 dual band

I getting same speed as in wireless on wired both same speed

Loirev

Reaction score
anyone here can help me ping this address 114.169.171.179

64 bytes from 114.169.171.179: icmp_seq=0 ttl=45 time=355.566 ms
64 bytes from 114.169.171.179: icmp_seq=1 ttl=45 time=382.230 ms
64 bytes from 114.169.171.179: icmp_seq=2 ttl=45 time=299.034 ms

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.