M1 FIBRE BROADBAND DISCUSSION / NETWORKING SETUP / INFO / PROMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

pker88

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Up for awareness...
Just have my M1 fibre broadband installed this afternoon, was told by the technician that we need to keep the cardboard box of the modem and returned it together with the modem should we terminate the subscription. If not, there is a charge of $15!!

Please do take note.

luck. I keep all my box
e enjoy your fibre

AhWise

Reaction score
Up for awareness...
Just have my M1 fibre broadband installed this afternoon, was told by the technician that we need to keep the cardboard box of the modem and returned it together with the modem should we terminate the subscription. If not, there is a charge of $15!!

Please do take note.

i remember checking that there is no such charges. furthermore, there is no such agreements or documents to state that the missing box is liable for such charges.

Anyone who just change from white ONT to Black ONT, did you return ont box to?

cs1508

Reaction score
i remember checking that there is no such charges. furthermore, there is no such agreements or documents to state that the missing box is liable for such charges.

Yeah, was not told during the sign up at M1 shop. But was highlighted by the technician who came to install the modem.
If he did not highlight, the box would probably be in the rubbish bin few days later.
Anyway, anyone can confirm on this?

ngbc

Master Member
Reaction score
If you're using M1's own ONT, you don't need rent their router...

No.
When M1 first rolled out (sometime Oct 2011) their own Black ONT, those who signup the fixed voice still cannot use own router as the voice was provision on the RG. It was on only in End-Feb 2012 that M1 start to provision fixed voice on the Black ONT and even then, certain areas still need to rent the RG.

Hafi

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

knn... you everyday handing out the contract agreements for your clients to sign and you yourself also a M1 Fibre subscriber and yet you never noticed the "pricelist" for lost/damage items?? :s22::s22::s22:

Courtesy of sunsetbay

LFVzD.png

Last edited:

tomzire

Master Member
Reaction score
Gosh, this is getting messy.
What is happening to Singapore Fibre Optic network?
Why should customer be penalised when M1 opt out of Nucleus Connect Network and setup their own "M1 Black ONT"?

Went to paragon M1 to complaint today the following:

1) Re-contracted another 24mths during March 2012 suntec exhibition, was told by salesperson can change equipments into the Black box in the future because it is on rental basis, customers don't own the 2 white boxes, must return everything if terminate services, otherwise must pay $$$ if damage or lost. Call in Mar & June 2012, say HG & SK not ready. So I waited.

2) Call 1627 mid OCT-2012, say HG & SK not ready. Even ready must pay $$$. No point argue as not ready. Ask to call back in Dec 2012.

3) Today, Paragon CSO checked HG ready quite some time. SK still not ready. Got contract cannot change. So someone is telling lies in point 1 and point 2. ANGRY ;(

Nowadays, CSO and salesperson tell a lot of lies to cover their backside and sales target. No matter how customer complaint, they will still cover each other.
This is an unfair contract. Mis-representation and lying to customer for months.

Seriously, I am beginning to suspect M1 integrity and honesty.

No.
When M1 first rolled out (sometime Oct 2011) their own Black ONT, those who signup the fixed voice still cannot use own router as the voice was provision on the RG. It was on only in End-Feb 2012 that M1 start to provision fixed voice on the Black ONT and even then, certain areas still need to rent the RG.

Last edited:

Hafi

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yeah, was not told during the sign up at M1 shop. But was highlighted by the technician who came to install the modem.
If he did not highlight, the box would probably be in the rubbish bin few days later.
Anyway, anyone can confirm on this?

everything is listed in your contract agreement that you signed when you subscribe sia....;) refer to my pic above ^^

btw its not $15 but $18 now. Anyway there was already a hugh thread started some time ago regarding this.

Last edited:

tomzire

Master Member
Reaction score
good point Hafi, salesman only know sales target. paint a nice picture and when something goes wrong...act blur. it's not as regulated as the Banking Sales (although there's still tricky sales staff)...even most housing agents are tricky.

knn... you everyday handing out the contract agreements for your clients to sign and you yourself also a M1 Fibre subscriber and yet you never noticed the "pricelist" for lost/damage items?? :s22::s22::s22:

Courtesy of sunsetbay

LFVzD.png

Hafi

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
good point Hafi, salesman only know sales target. paint a nice picture and when something goes wrong...act blur. it's not as regulated as the Banking Sales (although there's still tricky sales staff)...even most housing agents are tricky.

not every salesperson is like that and I believed ahwise aka Alvin has been doing a great job helping out people both online here and offline and this "lost/damage item" clause is something he might have missed out. So here I am urging him to polish up on the M1 contract agreement so that he can better advice/service his future customers.;) peace..

Devilsire

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
For White ONT, there's no charges for box/packaging when returning. Just 4 items requirement, ONT + Poweradapter + Fibrecable + LanCable. In fact during my installation the box wasnt even handled to me.

For Black ONT, i asked the technician during installation and he told me he wasnt sure, thou safer to keep the box.

For RG, as per

Courtesy of sunsetbay

LFVzD.png

tomzire

Master Member
Reaction score
Yup, AhWise not bad. Got 2nd contract through him also.
Hope M1 gets their act together.

not every salesperson is like that and I believed ahwise aka Alvin has been doing a great job helping out people both online here and offline and this "lost/damage item" clause is something he might have missed out. So here I am urging him to polish up on the M1 contract agreement so that he can better advice/service his future customers.;) peace..

AhWise

Reaction score
Hi People,

Just to let you know, this contract is referring to RG. Its residential Gateway HG256. It is not referring to ONT. "Types of Residential Gateway charges (if applicable)"

Therefore if you are holding to the white ont with RG and wanting to switch to Black ONT, please ensure you return the RG with the box.

When M1 is still using the RG that time, I do advise them to keep the boxes when going through the contract. As for now, since no RG will be given after Black ONT is launch, thus i also didnt highlight this to current customer.

Courtesy of sunsetbay

LFVzD.png

Last edited:

AhWise

Reaction score
Sorry for the bad experience you encountered.

I do understand that certain salesperson can paint a beautiful picture in getting the sign up. As for me, my concerns are whether is it cost saving for you & whether do you really need the services or not.

I have spoken to many & some asking me about the $79 bundle (fibre + mobile). I believe you guys all know that my roadshow do not cover mobile plans & I do highlight that if you wish to recontract mobile plans too, take the bundle during major roadshow.

1 of my customer ask me, ain't telling me to take the bundle plan may eventually not able to clinch the $39 plan Im promoting despite Im on the phone with him for almost 30mins? My answer is, no point I sell you something & few months later coming back saying Im not honest right? Just want a win-win situation for both.

As for sales target, i dont really mind whether how many sales I can do per month, if dont hit, just try harder next month. Seriously speaking, by going down to your place & sign up, I dont earn almost anything extra after reducing my parking & petrol. Just earn a reputation & making friends here, helping those who keen & sincere to sign up.

Peace!
Alvin

Gosh, this is getting messy.
What is happening to Singapore Fibre Optic network?
Why should customer be penalised when M1 opt out of Nucleus Connect Network and setup their own "M1 Black ONT"?

Went to paragon M1 to complaint today the following:

1) Re-contracted another 24mths during March 2012 suntec exhibition, was told by salesperson can change equipments into the Black box in the future because it is on rental basis, customers don't own the 2 white boxes, must return everything if terminate services, otherwise must pay $$$ if damage or lost. Call in Mar & June 2012, say HG & SK not ready. So I waited.

2) Call 1627 mid OCT-2012, say HG & SK not ready. Even ready must pay $$$. No point argue as not ready. Ask to call back in Dec 2012.

3) Today, Paragon CSO checked HG ready quite some time. SK still not ready. Got contract cannot change. So someone is telling lies in point 1 and point 2. ANGRY ;(

Nowadays, CSO and salesperson tell a lot of lies to cover their backside and sales target. No matter how customer complaint, they will still cover each other.
This is an unfair contract. Mis-representation and lying to customer for months.

Seriously, I am beginning to suspect M1 integrity and honesty.

tomzire

Master Member
Reaction score
No worries AhWise aka Alvin, been great dealing with you.
You are very helpful and resolve a lot of issues by helping people here. Been referring to your page 1 post on the set-up.

nomoney25

Master Member
Reaction score
It had been long time since I came here . Currently I am a fibre 100 Mbps subscriber which pay $39 a month . So far I am very satisfied with m1 fibre experience since dec 2011.

Before I subscribed the plan, I had done my homework to know more about the plan . As it is , I found out that in order to use the fixed voice service from M1 , It is required to use the Huawei router which also provide wireless network to to home, based on many users feedback , the RG is suck to the core and since I already got a residential phone lines for my miotv, I decided to drop my fixed voice service. Basically I just subscribe fibre plan only.

As M1 allow user using own router if not using the fixed voice .My home wireless connection is setup using highly recommended engenius 9850 router which cost $75. My direct connection will hit 95mbps DL, 45 Mbps UL. Wireless will be not more than 45 Mbps . Although speed drop to half but I have no complaint as I know wireless will never beat direct wire connection.

Now I am quite confused with the recent posts about the white ONT ? For me , my connection is a huawei black ONT that connect from my TP. Black ONT to my engenius router and that is. So what is the the issues about the white ONT ?

AhWise

Reaction score
It had been long time since I came here . Currently I am a fibre 100 Mbps subscriber which pay $39 a month . So far I am very satisfied with m1 fibre experience since dec 2011.

Before I subscribed the plan, I had done my homework to know more about the plan . As it is , I found out that in order to use the fixed voice service from M1 , It is required to use the Huawei router which also provide wireless network to to home, based on many users feedback , the RG is suck to the core and since I already got a residential phone lines for my miotv, I decided to drop my fixed voice service. Basically I just subscribe fibre plan only.

As M1 allow user using own router if not using the fixed voice .My home wireless connection is setup using highly recommended engenius 9850 router which cost $75. My direct connection will hit 95mbps DL, 45 Mbps UL. Wireless will be not more than 45 Mbps . Although speed drop to half but I have no complaint as I know wireless will never beat direct wire connection.

Now I am quite confused with the recent posts about the white ONT ? For me , my connection is a huawei black ONT that connect from my TP. Black ONT to my engenius router and that is. So what is the the issues about the white ONT ?

During your DEC 2011, that is about the time M1 being an OpCo itself launches its Black ONT, you are the few ones who had the Black ONT during the initial rollout, like you say, you were offer the RG if you decide to have the fixed voice but you opt out.

Those whom sign up much earlier in Sep 2010, they were being offer the white ont with RG if they took the voice service, now 2yrs is up & thus many wants to change the white to black ont since can save the $2/mth rental of the RG.

Julystar

Reaction score

Hi,

I just signed up with M1 fibre broadband about 2 weeks ago near one of the circle line stations near Marina Square. I just read the above post. Does it mean that if I want to use M1 fixed voice service, I can only use Huawei's router? I haven't bought the router and read from the forum that Linksyn's router is not good. Still looking around for a good router. For your advice, please.

Hafi

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I just signed up with M1 fibre broadband about 2 weeks ago near one of the circle line stations near Marina Square. I just read the above post. Does it mean that if I want to use M1 fixed voice service, I can only use Huawei's router? I haven't bought the router and read from the forum that Linksyn's router is not good. Still looking around for a good router. For your advice, please.

So you never subscribe to the M1 fixed voice during your Fibre signup? If you do it later, you may occur additional signup charge for the fixed voice service (free if you subscribe together with Fibre)

M1 will provide you with the black ONT aka fibre modem and the voice service is provisioned on the ONT itself (phone jack is on the ONT) hence it got nothing to do with router and you are free to buy your own router for the purpose of connecting to more PCs/laptops/ipads via wifi/ethernet.

now M1 uses this type of ONT:
436148485_740.jpg

note: before anybody start asking is this also a router, the ans is "NO". Only PORT1 is usable, PORT2,3 and 4 are all disabled so you plug an ethernet cable on PORT1 to the WAN port of your own wifi router.

Last edited:

Hafi

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
This is the packaging box that will cost you $18 if you lost or throw it away. Of course power adapter, manual, included fiber patch cord and cat5e cable must be inside when you cancel your Fibre subscription.

This post applies only to the newer black ONT model issued by M1 and it doesn't include past white ONT, RG or Huawei router supplied by M1.

Huawei-Echolife-HG8240-EPON-terminal-FTTO-or-FTTH-ONU-with-4-ethernet-ports.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.