M1 FIBRE BROADBAND DISCUSSION / NETWORKING SETUP / INFO / PROMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Loirev

Reaction score
Can I just return the Huawei RG to any M1 shop and ask them to release the serial? =:p

If you are using the white ONT, returning the RG will mean terminating your voice service. I believe there may be some termination charges.

If you are using the black ONT, it is possible, however do not that there is some downtime involved. Best you call 1627, and clarify your situation first.

AhWise

Reaction score
how about comparing the coverage of N66 to N56 and N65?
N56 has 5 internal antenna while N65 has 3 and N66 has 3 external.

I am staying in a 4rm hdb with the TP at the tv point near to the window.

Only experience using N56 and N66. N66 has better & wider coverage.

If you are taking M1 fibre, my advice is to take the N66 since its about $20-$30 difference as M1 is offering a special price of $209 (original price ard $279)

nimrod53

Reaction score
Hi,

my laptop using the 802.11bgn 1T1R Mini card wireless adapter has no internet access (no problem with the RJ45 cable) although the icon shows "good" wireless network connection at the taskbar.

I am also able to run the inSSIDer 2.1 but is not getting any internet webpage access without using the RJ45 cable.

I have no problems with my other laptop using a Intel wireless adapter.

Any advice pls.

Loirev

Reaction score
Hi,

my laptop using the 802.11bgn 1T1R Mini card wireless adapter has no internet access (no problem with the RJ45 cable) although the icon shows "good" wireless network connection at the taskbar.

I am also able to run the inSSIDer 2.1 but is not getting any internet webpage access without using the RJ45 cable.

Any advice pls.

Check your firewall settings, also check if you are connecting to the correct wireless network. Check tcp/ip settings also, normally set everything to auto, proxy settings to none.

j_t_fusion

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi,

Any advice pls.

How to Flush DNS and Get New Dynamic IP - How to - TechMynd

try if this works...

AhWise

Reaction score
Hi,

Any advice pls.

maybe wireless card issue? update driver and see if you can also connect to other network instead (try using a smart phone to act as a hotspot)

nimrod53

Reaction score
Could be the wireless card issue. When I plugged a USB type linksys wireless-G (old device got from starhub about 5 years ago), it works like a charm.

I'm on 100 mps fibre broadband with Asus RT-56. I could not get to //192.168.1.1 (router admin login a/c) with firefox browser. Connection is no proxy?

Flush DNS, checked out the firewall. Could not get me to internet. Plugging the wireless-G or RJ45 cable work normally without any browser settings change

Last try - I'll use the recovery CD.

Last edited:

GunzerX

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I am able to connect to internet yesterday but the internet speed is super slow. Download speed abt 50kb/sec when I was a 100mb fibre user. : (

Staying in North area. Problem started at around 10pm also.

mybigname

Reaction score
when the m1 rep come to your place to set-up the ONT/OTP or whatever, did they shun bian set up the router for you also?

i bought the router when i signed up at the shop, i asked the sales person how to set up and he said when the fella come just pass to him and ask him set up, the salesman nv mentioned any service charge.

just now the fella came to my house and my mom ask him to set-up the router (cisco from m1), they asked for service charge 32.10... i validated with my colleague whom activated his service last week, he said they set up for him FOC... so i called m1 and kpkb... and then m1 gave me BS excuses and say the router set-up is excluded and if i want they can arrange another vendor set up for me another date (after 2 wks of waiting, they ask me to wait again -_-")... so i kpkb and tell them.. end up they called the technician whom was at my place at that time and ask them to fix for me FOC ...

Nb means it can be FOC to begin with why make me call them and kpkb...

pierceyip

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Setup own router not so difficult... the M1 dude who came to my place was nice enough to ask me if I needed his help to setup the router. I told him I would do my own setup and he was nice enough to wait till the net is confirmed up before leaving.

However, it's not wrong for them to charge for setup of router since it's not stated that it's included in installation... you can try to ask them to waive the fees.

GY_Ren

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
anyone know when is the laptop going to deliver for those who sign up for the acer promotion?

seabreeze82

Reaction score
Just an update, I called M1 yesterday and after some test it is deem that they are unable to detect my ONT from their end. The PON light must be steady green after the initial few seconds, if it is still blinking after a while then no need to try here n there, call M1 straight away to test the signal to your ONT. Got to wait for their housecall tomorrow....:(

Updates, everything is good after their Tech housecall, apparently the first mistake I made is to let the person leave after installing the ONT w/o testing the internet connection... No choice late for work alry, the PON light must be steady lighted..

coldboy

Master Member
Reaction score
anyone managed to change from white ont to black ont when they recontract? so that i can remove the rg from my setup. powering the rg purely for voice purpose only, waste plug waste electricity.

Nurazhar

Reaction score
oh okay.. i tot the first appt is 2-in-1, where opennet will activate the 2nd port while M1 install the black ONT, and the second appt is when NC will collect the white ONT cuz usually the 2nd port will be activated after 24-48 hours..

another update.. as based on my prev posts, M1 came today and installed the black ONT.. the service engineer plugged in everything, but when he tested the internet, he could not get an IP.. a quick call shows that my account was still tagged with the VLAN (which requires me to use RG).. it surprised me and really pissed me off as i have indicated from the start that i will only be using the black ONT and will be returning the RG..

on top of that, M1 cut off my 100mbps at 12am sharp last nite even tho i was promised that there would be uninterrupted internet access until i have ported over to the 2nd point on the TP with 200mbps.. i called 1627 after the service engineer left my house (his job was basically done), and transferred over to the technical team, which took down my details and said they would call me back.

for every half an hour when i was not called back, i called again and left my contact (this is becuz i have no had an internet connection since 12am).. until after the 3rd time, they said the next available staff will call me back.. i have no idea how they prioritize calls, but i tot my case was a straighforward as it can be (juz get them to remove the vlan tagging on my account and everything should be fine, as advised by the service engineer and ahwise)..

they called me back at 1155, and told me that to remove the vlan tagging, will take another 3 working days to get the request through, and advised me to use the RG for the time being (meaning i cant return it today). i dun even wan to think about my DV, which will make me even fuming..

now i'm stuck, paying for 200mbps since the day i recontracted (i think 3rd dec) but service activated today, but still stuck on 100mbps (due to RG usage).. and not knowing when i can actually use 200mbps with such stupid issues arising..

on a side note, even tho i was told that i would not be charged for recontracting even tho i am on a premium plan, the $47 was still billed to me. i called them up and asked them to double check my call logs with past CS, before they said they will waiver the charges and rebate me in the next bill.. i will follow up on this..

it's a bit disappointing that i face these issue when recontracting cuz it was very smooth when i was a new customer.. i guess it doesnt help having an additional 3 mobile lines and 2 mobile bb lines under my name.. if u are recontracting, i would recommend to look at others and ask for their experience too.. and hope that mine is a one-off..

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.