M1 FIBRE BROADBAND DISCUSSION / NETWORKING SETUP / INFO / PROMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

AhWise

Reaction score
I'm still a bit confused. Do you meant I have to terminate current fibre service before voice number porting can take place? I don't wish to have prolong downtime for voice service, 1-2 hours is still acceptable. Please advice.

I presume you now have a fibre contract with 1 of the ISP. You can only be allowed to port over the home line when your fibre contract is up.

Home line must be active during porting over (meaning u can only terminate your current fibre services after number porting is done)

Number porting is quite straight forward, once your line with previous ISP is "disconnected", restart your ont and the number should be in place.

tomicaguy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Noob question.

Fibre BB needs land line?

I was thinking of terminating Singnet ADSL and Singtel land line.

tomicaguy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Then what is this porting over home line here?

Can make digital voice calls from Opennet terminal?

albertlee

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I presume you now have a fibre contract with 1 of the ISP. You can only be allowed to port over the home line when your fibre contract is up.

Home line must be active during porting over (meaning u can only terminate your current fibre services after number porting is done)

Number porting is quite straight forward, once your line with previous ISP is "disconnected", restart your ont and the number should be in place.

Yes, currently with the "green" camp.

Regarding the lead time of 5-7 working days for voice number porting, does it mean that I can't use the voice service even on my current ISP? I recall previously when I port from ST landline to SH DV on MOL, the down time is like less than 2 hours. This is what I want to clear up.

AhWise

Reaction score
Yes, currently with the "green" camp.

Regarding the lead time of 5-7 working days for voice number porting, does it mean that I can't use the voice service even on my current ISP? I recall previously when I port from ST landline to SH DV on MOL, the down time is like less than 2 hours. This is what I want to clear up.

yes u can use your voice line during the 5-7 working days. Just that during this 5-7th day, they are doing the processing.

so once they "patch" the line, the starhub line will be disconnected. then just plug in the line to the M1 ont and wala.. the number its port over. Probably its like 1-2hrs downtime only. My recent customer line same situation as u, the porting number is almost instant.

ngbc

Master Member
Reaction score
Then what is this porting over home line here?

Can make digital voice calls from Opennet terminal?

rgphone2.jpg

M1

albertlee

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
yes u can use your voice line during the 5-7 working days. Just that during this 5-7th day, they are doing the processing.

so once they "patch" the line, the starhub line will be disconnected. then just plug in the line to the M1 ont and wala.. the number its port over. Probably its like 1-2hrs downtime only. My recent customer line same situation as u, the porting number is almost instant.

Great, that should be the way. So the 5-7th days for backend processing is kind misleading as it seem to indicate downtime. Perhaps you might want to update this on your initial post.

gxelan

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
my SH cable broadband plan expired and promo over, am looking at M1 fibre.

Is the 39/mth one still available ??

Jarvis-

Reaction score
Thinking of getting a router with excellent wifi for as my current TP-Link WR1043ND does not give stable reception to my mobile devices.

I am on M1 Fibre 100Mbps, should I get Asus N56U or N66U?

shinkuaku

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I just signed up for a M1 fibre 200mbps plan and was able to get around 200mbps down via wired direct connection.

However, when I link it to my router, TP-WR2543ND, the wired mbps drops to less than 100mbps.

Should i change the router or are there specific settings for it?

Any solution to this?

Mr Ashburn

Reaction score
I am on M1 Fibre 100Mbps, should I get Asus N56U or N66U?

I will go for RT AC66U as it is 5th Generation.
Use on my mobile devices 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz seem very stable and good coverage.

Speedtest on my PC last Dec. Unfortunately my PC client weak. Only capable of 2.4Ghz :o running N Bandwidth.

For PC to run AC Bandwidth. The PCE-AC66 will be available late Feb.

Cannot post images/link: "You do not have sufficient post count to post images/links"..Lol, I'm a newbie :)

Jarvis-

Reaction score
I will go for RT AC66U as it is 5th Generation.
Use on my mobile devices 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz seem very stable and good coverage.

Speedtest on my PC last Dec. Unfortunately my PC client weak. Only capable of 2.4Ghz :o running N Bandwidth.

For PC to run AC Bandwidth. The PCE-AC66 will be available late Feb.

Cannot post images/link: "You do not have sufficient post count to post images/links"..Lol, I'm a newbie :)

My household consist of devices that are mainly wireless N so I don't really think getting the AC66U is cost effective.

Therefore I am looking at N56U and N66U.

I am living in a 5 room L shaped HDB flat where my router is in the living room due to epic position of the open net terminal and my room is located at the other far end of the L shape.

I am currently using homeplugs for my desktop but my mobile devices are barely getting 1/2 bar out of 4 while on wifi.

I am looking for a router that can provide full wireless coverage throughout my household.

The price difference between N56U and N66U is close to a $100, I would prefer to save that amount if I am not required to spend it.

nilist

Reaction score
I hate to burst you bubble, but upgrading router is only likely to improve ur connection marginally. Scan for wireless networks in ur room and you will most likely see 10+ other networks, many stronger than urs.
If u check with a program like inSSIDer, you will probably also see that a couple of them are using the same channel as ur network.
1st step in improving ur wifi would be to change channel to the least busy one on ur router.
If still not satisfactory, suggest plugging a 2nd cheap N-router into homeplug in ur room.
Will for sure provide better coverage than single top of the line router on over-crowded 2.4GHz band

My household consist of devices that are mainly wireless N so I don't really think getting the AC66U is cost effective.

Therefore I am looking at N56U and N66U.

I am living in a 5 room L shaped HDB flat where my router is in the living room due to epic position of the open net terminal and my room is located at the other far end of the L shape.

I am currently using homeplugs for my desktop but my mobile devices are barely getting 1/2 bar out of 4 while on wifi.

I am looking for a router that can provide full wireless coverage throughout my household.

The price difference between N56U and N66U is close to a $100, I would prefer to save that amount if I am not required to spend it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.