M1 FIBRE BROADBAND DISCUSSION / NETWORKING SETUP / INFO / PROMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lost_Found

Master Member
Reaction score
Every isp also got problem de lor...even red or green will not be spared...for m1 its only loading of some china website...which is considered good alr

Henry Ng

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Not really strange if its a major outage between singapore and china affecting all other ISP at around the same time. M1 is fine now for China site, just tested this morning. Any china issue ngbc will surely appear. :s13:

Good to have people who dare to appear . . .

maleman

Reaction score
M1 cancel my appointment. Signed for the upgrade speed during the IT show, CSO call today said opennet got issue to upgrade my speed ??? say the 2 appointment schedule next week is cancel until further notice.. WTF.

If jump ship from isp to another, probably better not to cancel existing plan too soon? Better to have some overlap in case
isp reschedule installation?

For your case, speed upgrade, at least no disruption eh?

Henry Ng

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If jump ship from isp to another, probably better not to cancel existing plan too soon? Better to have some overlap in case
isp reschedule installation?

For your case, speed upgrade, at least no disruption eh?

Correct, that's what I am planning to do. PC Show I sign then ask for 1st appointment in June (if postpone can be in July) and 2nd appointment in August. Then cancel old isp in Sept.

ntec66

Reaction score
Wireless speedtest not as bad as I thought... well for real close distance like 1 metre at least... this one is to SGIX on M1 100Mbps:

3353943726.png

only upload is slightly slower (wired is close to 100Mbps), forgot to add this is 802.11N 5Ghz to a N750 router.

Last edited:

Henry Ng

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Wireless speedtest not as bad as I thought... well for real close distance like 1 metre at least... this one is to SGIX on M1 100Mbps:

3353943726.png

only upload is slightly slower (wired is close to 100Mbps)

Are u using 5Ghz wi fi?

ntec66

Reaction score
yeah, 5Ghz to a N750 router at 1 metre only. so looks like must really get dual band to reach fibre speed. going to try farther distance apart, wifi speed drop for sure.

Henry Ng

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
yeah, 5Ghz to a N750 router at 1 metre only. so looks like must really get dual band to reach fibre speed. going to try farther distance apart, wifi speed drop for sure.

Actually with a N router, your speed is still quite good. I think if 3m away still can get near 100Mbps. If u are wired can consider getting 200Mbps plan.

j_t_fusion

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

actually the way the manufacturers like to label their products as "dual band" or "N750" is very misleading.

"dual band" for a wifi router means that the router is able to broadcast wifi on both 2.4ghz and 5ghz simultaneously. the purpose is nothing more than just to be able to support older devices which can only connect to the 2.4ghz wifi networks.

"dual band" for a wifi adapter means it is able to receive wifi on 2.4ghz and 5ghz. the wifi adapter can choose to operate on either 2.4ghz or 5ghz but cannot operate on both frequency at the same time. so no such thing as can combine the two frequency/bandwidth together to boost your wifi speed.

"N750" for wifi router means that the router can theoretically broadcast at a combined max wifi speed of 750mbps. how this is being calculated is extremely misleading.

say for instance there is "dual band" wifi router that comes with 3 wireless-n 2.4ghz radio and 3 wireless-n 5ghz radio.

each of the 2.4ghz radio can operate at 50mbps max.
so 50mbps * 3 = 150mbps

each of the 5ghz radio can operate at 200mbps max.
so 200mbps * 3 = 600mbps

both 2.4ghz and 5ghz combined gives your 750mbps, therefore manufacturers label the wifi router as "N750".

but remember that you cannot receive wifi data on both 2.4ghz and 5ghz at the same time, so the theoretical max wifi speed you can achieve is only 600mbps if you choose to set your wifi adapter to operate on 5ghz.

ntec66

Reaction score
very good explaination, i always have difficulties counting all the streams, AC worst...headache.

cheesepies

Banned
Reaction score
anybody got problem with their network now ?

my side down from 1pm to now liao :(

using 4G to connect now :(

Munchies

Reaction score
my m1 BT climbing speed is stuck at 0 and cannot login to DHT, didn't change any settings just became like that. anyone else have this problem?

sggirlsareflatchested

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
still got problem connecting to china sites, usually start after 2330 to mn daily without fail.

i give up liao.

damn u m1! :mad:

liquidy

Reaction score
i just recently upgraded from 100 to 300 package.. my upload speed is faster than my download speed by close to 50mbps. what's wrong? before upgrade, download is faster than upload. after upgrade, all config stays the same, upload is faster than download. am i missing anything?

mikafire

Reaction score
my m1 BT climbing speed is stuck at 0 and cannot login to DHT, didn't change any settings just became like that. anyone else have this problem?
same problem as u fr last week..plus no network at all shown on utorrent..stil investigating wat cld b t cause

cos can use aftr doing either tis:
- off n56u router evrynite..morning on n56u 1st for sometime then on pc
- use xunlei to download torrent
- change to diff version of utorrent (whn current v1.6#474 no dht, shifted to v1.8.5#17414..can download agn..THEN shift back to v1.6#474 also can download)
- tick the "Check for updates automatically" under Preferences [General] (last time alwys unticked)

so stil inconclusive which cld b t culpit yet..cos sometime jst usable without doing anything :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.