M1 FIBRE BROADBAND DISCUSSION - Part 2

Henry Ng

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
What are the chances of getting this promo at coming comex? Cheers

This $29 plan really make a lot of people jump to M1 so usually M1 offer the promotion again during such major fair. Just need to wait and see.

shichuanhua

Master Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
1 have xiaomi mini with pavadan....sucks....
not sure the firmware or hardware

Henry Ng

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yup tks!

So far guys on this plan, can get near 400mbps?

For wired connection you can get full 500 mbps as long as your home devices are in good condition. For wifi it will depend where you put your router, type of router used, the layout of your house, notebook specs and the wifi adapter used.

localITguy

Suspended
Reaction score
Guys, i am on 1GBPS Plan

I get about 900+ MBPS Download/ 300MBPS Upload(Data Point) in my room.

which is odd because in the other room i am able to get 900MBPS +/Up and down (Data Point)

any idea what is wrong? I use cat6 cable on all the patch panel and PCs

an issue with the data point?

another room is only getting about 300/up and down (data point also)

should I get my electrician to convert the existing Telephone point to a data point instead (my room)

weird issue

yes i have set full duplex 1Gbps and the system shows 1Gbps

Router AC88U

Last edited:

Henry Ng

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Today is slow. Not too sure if it is due to rain?

Just need to call support to restart your network. Then restart all your home devices to resolve the issue. If you are using HP notebook and chrome, you can do a network test or line test too.

navarro_t

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
can this setup works?

ONT -> Asus Lyra (Primary #1)

Living room - Asus Lyra (#2)
Master room - Asus Lyra (#3)

or do I still need to connect a router to the ONT?

renfred89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yes it will work.

Do note that lyra does not support ethernet backhaul at this moment.

For the node in master bed room, you might have a problem since wireless backhaul will be weak when it's a room, but also depends on your primary node location..

what about this setup?

ONT -> DB box LAN point (Living rm) -> LAN point (Living rm) -> Asus Lyra (Primary #1)

Master room - Asus Lyra (#2)

eric3743

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Guys, i am on 1GBPS Plan

I get about 900+ MBPS Download/ 300MBPS Upload(Data Point) in my room.

which is odd because in the other room i am able to get 900MBPS +/Up and down (Data Point)

any idea what is wrong? I use cat6 cable on all the patch panel and PCs

an issue with the data point?

another room is only getting about 300/up and down (data point also)

should I get my electrician to convert the existing Telephone point to a data point instead (my room)

weird issue

yes i have set full duplex 1Gbps and the system shows 1Gbps

Router AC88U

First, my setup and layout for my new BTO flat.
The floor is not done, so the contractor did lay the network cable Cat-5E inside the pipe on the floor to all the rooms Data Points.
As for me, as i need an additional cable data point, luckily the ISP Starhub installer able to convert Telephone Point to Data Point, as he mentioned as my telephone cable is Cat-6.
On using DLink DIR868L as main router connect direct to ONT to TP next to DB.
The speed test result is between 600Mbps to 800Mbps, which is acceptable and am satisfied as no connection failure since installed in Jan 2017.
For my room, i have a powered HUB to computer, laptop and router (also DIR868L) and other devices as whenever i want to connect to.

In conclusion, whether it is Cat-5E or Cat-6 & Cat-7, all the connection speed remain the same.
I do avoid to change the main router connect direct to ONT, as i had encountered some problems due to routers retain previous IP hence having multi IP and have to call Starhub Broadband tech support to Refresh IP.

Connection should be;

TP -->> ONT -->> Router (main) 1 cable --->>> HUB -->>> all rooms Data Points on separate cables.

Do a speedtest based on this main Router to access your actual speed from ONT <<-- > ISP

As according to your description, you should have 900Mbps on both directions.
This is to confirm that the main Router & ONT is on correct plan & speed.

If the above is correct, then the problems could be a bit messy.

That is to say, the issue could arise from the HUB (possible in the DB, as depend on the flat built).
There is chances that 2 of the cables may not be correctly patch &or wired.

This is due to some complication in the setup & installation point at the HUB to the room Data Points, on either or both sides.

Hence you may have to seek the contractor who handle this cabling for you.
As for the cables, it is not an issue as long as it is Cat-5E.

Note:
During the installer did to convert the Telephone point to Data Point.
It is NOT an easy task for them as they have to use equipment to check for the lines which is correct or not.
This is partly due to my room telephone point is the same location as the other room on the same wall.

So this may required some technicians with proper tools to verify the correct line and connection /Data point is done accordingly.

This is where you have to proceed.
Suggest to start on the HUB most likely in the db box.:D

Edit:
To convert your room Telephone point to Data Point, do ensure your flat built possible from mid-2013.
But suggest you to resolve the main issue first, as even to convert, it mean to divert the same cable which result as the problem do remain.:)

Last edited:

t258jgn

High Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Anyone on M1 2Gbps or 5Gbps plans?

What router / ONT they provide?

What is the upload speed?

navarro_t

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

lolBoy

Reaction score
Hi, may i know what is the router model that M1 give for the 1Gbps@$39.90 now?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.