Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

M1 or Singtel Fibre Boardband

Share This Page
HardwareZone.com on Facebook

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 15-03-2011, 08:26 PM   #1
Master Member

M1 or Singtel Fibre Boardband

My contract was expired so intend to move to fibre boardband and i got two choices which are M1 25/50Mbps @ $39/$49 or express 50 @ $59.90?

1) Under singtel, every three months need to pay the Singtel Telephone Line at $27.50 but if i switch to M1, do i need to pay it too?
should be no right cos i checked at the website, it said enjoy free home fixed line service. Anyone using their RG for home fix line? any problem??

2) Under express 50, it said Unlimited Digital Local Calls meant local call charge right? so the singel telephone line at $27.50 still need to pay right??

3) What are the charges i should know when i get fibre boardband?

4) My desktop at mine room so i should connect TP > ONS > RG > PC right? My TP at my living room so i need to go buy the cable to link from RG to my PC?
Compare if i wish to use wireless at desktop, what should i do?
wire or wireless on desktop, any big difference?

So far those on M1 fibre, any big problem??

Sorry for asking so many question.
lzr1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2011, 02:45 AM   #2
Arch-Supremacy Member

My contract was expired so intend to move to fibre boardband and i got two choices which are M1 25/50Mbps @ $39/$49 or express 50 @ $59.90?

1) Under singtel, every three months need to pay the Singtel Telephone Line at $27.50 but if i switch to M1, do i need to pay it too?
should be no right cos i checked at the website, it said enjoy free home fixed line service. Anyone using their RG for home fix line? any problem??

2) Under express 50, it said Unlimited Digital Local Calls meant local call charge right? so the singel telephone line at $27.50 still need to pay right??

4) My desktop at mine room so i should connect TP > ONS > RG > PC right? My TP at my living room so i need to go buy the cable to link from RG to my PC?

1.) if u want to use the digital voice u have to use the provided gateway/router.

2.) singtel is offering free unlimited digital local calls, which means u no longer need to pay the 27.50 every 3mths.

3.) for m1, u can opt to rent their gateway for $2 every month. IIRC, there is installation/activation charge?

singtel u need to pay $128.40 or $5+/mth for 24months for the modem and also $80 installation fee(unless u can get wavier)
Old 16-03-2011, 04:02 PM   #3

if u decide to sign up with Singnet, i suggest u sign the explore Home 50 which
give discount on 5 of your singtel mobile and free id caller for 1st phone.
this is much better than the express 50.
ideatalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2011, 08:03 PM   #4
Master Member

if u decide to sign up with Singnet, i suggest u sign the explore Home 50 which
give discount on 5 of your singtel mobile and free id caller for 1st phone.
this is much better than the express 50.

Haha already enough with singtel mobile line, recently just jump 3 singtel line to starhub..
Old 16-03-2011, 08:07 PM   #5
Master Member

1.) if u want to use the digital voice u have to use the provided gateway/router.

2.) singtel is offering free unlimited digital local calls, which means u no longer need to pay the 27.50 every 3mths.

3.) for m1, u can opt to rent their gateway for $2 every month. IIRC, there is installation/activation charge?

singtel u need to pay $128.40 or $5+/mth for 24months for the modem and also $80 installation fee(unless u can get wavier)

hm.. for M1 free home line meant i need to rent the RG right but it come with free telephone line right? only pay how much you call or like the singtel which need 27.30 every 3 months??

i think i considering M1 50 Mpbs one, anyone here got any problem using them? or anyone using M1 home line one.. how is it?
Old 16-03-2011, 08:52 PM   #6

M1 fibre 100Mbps student plan for $39 with mobile sign up or recontract.
ckchia88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2011, 08:52 PM   #7
High Supremacy Member

hm.. for M1 free home line meant i need to rent the RG right but it come with free telephone line right? only pay how much you call or like the singtel which need 27.30 every 3 months??

i think i considering M1 50 Mpbs one, anyone here got any problem using them? or anyone using M1 home line one.. how is it?
Pricing is fully inclusive already. Basically, take it as $2/mth for the digital phone line.
liangtam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2011, 12:44 AM   #8
Master Member

Basically you pay $2/mth to rent the RG wireless router... Then this includes the M1 free home phone line liao with free calls.. No need pay any additional charges..
czheyuan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2011, 03:26 AM   #9
Master Member

Why jump?
Now you cannot bargain with singtel.
Consider starhub fibre to get more leverage since you have 3 lines?
temasekcity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2011, 09:54 AM   #10

Haha already enough with singtel mobile line, recently just jump 3 singtel line to starhub..
wats the advantage with Starhub?

M1 got waiver or not?
ideatalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-2011, 09:28 AM   #11
Master Member

M1 fibre 100Mbps student plan for $39 with mobile sign up or recontract.

currently no mobile sign up or recontract so cannot take this promotion.
Old 18-03-2011, 09:37 AM   #12
Master Member

Pricing is fully inclusive already. Basically, take it as $2/mth for the digital phone line.
i see thank~

Basically you pay $2/mth to rent the RG wireless router... Then this includes the M1 free home phone line liao with free calls.. No need pay any additional charges..
thank~

wats the advantage with Starhub?

M1 got waiver or not?
that time cos i got 3 lines so got 30% off bill from starhub and also singtel always per mins/calling..

M1 got waiver for BB or not.. this i not sure but most likely dun have..
Old 18-03-2011, 09:39 AM   #13
Master Member

Why jump?
Now you cannot bargain with singtel.
Consider starhub fibre to get more leverage since you have 3 lines?

that time jump cos can enjoy 30% off bill when sign up 3 lines, too bad singtel dun value customer one.. always like to earn money from us one..

i not considering starhub fibre at the moment, guess not good? cos i see now are M1 and singtel..
Old 18-03-2011, 09:40 AM   #14
Master Member

so those M1 fibre user any problem or loading slow everytime?? never jump ship b4 and the total charge to add up to sign fibre cost how much?
Old 18-03-2011, 09:50 AM   #15

1. With M1, u need to rent the RG if u want to take up the free home fixed line. Rental is $2/mth
2. U won't have to pay that $27.50
3. With M1, the one time charges are fiber activation $58.85, a further $32.10 if u take the fixed line and I think a another $32.10 if u need VAS like CallerID for the fixed line. With Singnet, modem costs ard $128 (can be paid in full or monthly instalment), activation $80+ and registration of $50+ for some plans.
4. Wired option is usually faster
anglp is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.