MR - Unable to access China sites since 28-5-2013, 0100hrs

Tears4Fears

Master Member
Reaction score
From this thread, MR, Starhub and Singtel users are affected.

What about M1 and VQ????

Mclairs83

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
From this thread, MR, Starhub and Singtel users are affected.

What about M1 and VQ????

I only know Pacnet not affected.

load instantly.

M1 and VQ users can step in? if let say they piggyback on singnet/starhub backbone, they should be affected as well.

OnePunchMan

Reaction score
Want me to explain to you how indiviual ISP resolves the issue? very exciting if u have China Servers xD see all the changes done.

Ranking of Heng to suay on this incident is SH-M1>VQ>ST>MR.

Boltersdriveer

Reaction score
Hi all, happy to conclude that we have fixed the issue with connectivity towards China sites. If yours isn't fixed, kindly let us know via PM - either myself, nivleK1985 or Johnnny - so that we may follow up with you. Thank you for everyone's patience through this ordeal.

Bolts.

Tears4Fears

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi all, happy to conclude that we have fixed the issue with connectivity towards China sites. If yours isn't fixed, kindly let us know via PM - either myself, nivleK1985 or Johnnny - so that we may follow up with you. Thank you for everyone's patience through this ordeal.

Bolts.

You sure?
My access to China access is still donkey terribly slow.
Some sites are also not accessible.
Speedtest to Shanghai China telecom also won't run.
You call this RESOLVED?

Solkarnar

Master Member
Reaction score
You sure?
My access to China access is still donkey terribly slow.
Some sites are also not accessible.
Speedtest to Shanghai China telecom also won't run.
You call this RESOLVED?

Most of my CN connectivity is back. Which plan are you on?

OnePunchMan

Reaction score
Please do. I'm at all ears.

SH and M1 are not affected due to the fact.

1. SH route is a long route to begin with which was not affected by this incident.
2. M1 Main is Pacnet and does not use SH/ST for china to begin with for oversea traffic.

VQ
Smallest Network Bandwidth requirement(inbound *especially consumer end). Easy to swing around traffic due to lower impact on network, found a way to announce in a few hr.

ST
Use their Backbone link to china to fix the issue. U can imagine they are very sad they will to use that.

MR
Lack of self-owned Backbone like ST, and I can imagine the main upstream is causing this issue. High Risk to move any traffic at all due to structure of their service plans. spend days.

Anyway if you are still having issue I don't think it will take much longer to resolve it for you since the most of their customer is fixed?

OnePunchMan

Reaction score
MR Pure 100.
Still unable to access at time of this post.
Website takes forever to load.
Speedtest to China refused to run.
How is this being resolved?
:eek:

odd... I am on pure too? what DNS are u using?
I tried both google and MR dns it runs just fine..

might want to try ctrl+f5.

Last edited:

Tears4Fears

Master Member
Reaction score
SH and M1 are not affected due to the fact.

1. SH route is a long route to begin with which was not affected by this incident.
2. M1 Main is Pacnet and does not use SH/ST for china to begin with for oversea traffic.

VQ
Smallest Network Bandwidth requirement(inbound *especially consumer end). Easy to swing around traffic due to lower impact on network, found a way to announce in a few hr.

ST
Use their Backbone link to china to fix the issue. U can imagine they are very sad they will to use that.

MR
Lack of self-owned Backbone like ST, and I can imagine the main upstream is causing this issue. High Risk to move any traffic at all due to structure of their service plans. spend days.

Anyway if you are still having issue I don't think it will take much longer to resolve it for you since the most of their customer is fixed?

Thanks for sharing the background and information on various ISP backbone routing paths. Any further insight on the root cause that triggered this problem which affected many ISP?

FYI, I'm working for a service provider too and my customers didn't report any issues as yet.

Last edited:

Tears4Fears

Master Member
Reaction score
odd... I am on pure too? what DNS are u using?
I tried both google and MR dns it runs just fine..

might want to try ctrl+f5.

google. 8.8.8.8
Attempted Singtel earlier.
Used another browser.
Refresh the page till i sick, the circle (loading icon) keeps spinning non stop with content refusing to show up.
All didn't help.

Last edited:

Tears4Fears

Master Member
Reaction score
Yes, the issue is resolved.
Thank you all for your help.
Thank you MR for the support although it took 2 days plus.
Let's move on.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.