MyRepublic fibre - Part 5

gurlday

Reaction score
Hi blitzio,

Just curious, whereabouts are you staying at? I'm a north easterner and some of my other friends in the area are having the same problem too!

I am experiencing the same problem about 2 - 3 weeks now and it doesnt seem to be getting better especially during the evening peak hours from 930pm - 1145pm. Download speed significantly reduced to 400+mbps or less with high packet loss.

Any other MR subscribers in North Eastern SG sharing the same woe?

Same here.... every night 830-10+ i will have problem...i saw my bandwidth drop to even 200mbps yesterday night. I had a hard time watching K show/drama in Viu....too many buffering. I have lodged a feedback to MR and they say they are aware of such issue.

stay in punggol

imacbie

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
As mentioned by Linus, Teleport has been an add on service all the while.
I typed one long long reply, then before I hit post.
I gave it a thought, then it hit me... No point... He'll just do the same thing again as soon as some one post something against this provider.. Lol.

@Foress

Waiting is a never ending thing.
During it fair, u'll ask the same thing again, shod u sign or wait next pic show. :)
If current promo floats ur boat. Just go ahead.

Linus

Master Member
Reaction score
@imacbie could you please clarify? Who is he that you are referring to? And what same thing? I am assuming you meant me.

I am bringing up a point which I think is critical for all to understand.

Anyway for all to note, teleport service started as an add on but was offered to all subscribers subsequently. No extra charge. Not an add-on. It is an integral part of the service offering.

Now that it is no longer possible to offer access to US Netflix, I think this is a breach of service. So why should users be penalised when requesting for termination? No doubt that ISP has a right to change its terms and conditions but binding people to the contract and shoving it down your throat is a different matter.

imacbie

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
@Linus am referring to the guy xRenol is replying to. He is quoting ur post to show him. Sorry for not being clear.

Teleport was offered as a service to access to the "Netflix service" when it was not available locally. they have never advertised that you will get the "US catalog" of the Netflix's library. Right?

Last edited:

robolee

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
can someone from MyRepublic to help me ping this IP to see cuz other isp have 3ms....Tree of Savior Related

help me ping 52.77.112.61

and post the result

This is my result

Zdf7XYq.png

Last edited:

limcc

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Pinging 52.77.112.61 with 32 bytes of data:
Reply from 52.77.112.61: bytes=32 time=36ms TTL=115
Reply from 52.77.112.61: bytes=32 time=35ms TTL=115
Reply from 52.77.112.61: bytes=32 time=35ms TTL=115
Reply from 52.77.112.61: bytes=32 time=38ms TTL=115

Ping statistics for 52.77.112.61:
Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss),
Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
Minimum = 35ms, Maximum = 38ms, Average = 36ms

secureshell

Reaction score
@imacbie could you please clarify? Who is he that you are referring to? And what same thing? I am assuming you meant me.

I am bringing up a point which I think is critical for all to understand.

Anyway for all to note, teleport service started as an add on but was offered to all subscribers subsequently. No extra charge. Not an add-on. It is an integral part of the service offering.

Now that it is no longer possible to offer access to US Netflix, I think this is a breach of service. So why should users be penalised when requesting for termination? No doubt that ISP has a right to change its terms and conditions but binding people to the contract and shoving it down your throat is a different matter.

Well said. MR thinks they can keep misleading consumers by promising the moon and conveniently disappearing when things don't work.

Now their latest scam - sign up with us now and get Free mobile data - more like sign up now and hope we dont go belly up.

secureshell

Reaction score
can someone from MyRepublic to help me ping this IP to see cuz other isp have 3ms....Tree of Savior Related

help me ping 52.77.112.61

and post the result

This is my result

Zdf7XYq.png

Why don't you ask them what their gamer plan can to? LOL

Getting 2 ms on VQ.

xRenol

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone experience HWZ forum is able to display but the browser tab keeps spinning (meaning not loaded fully)?

I tested on Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox also encountered the same issue.

imacbie

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone experience HWZ forum is able to display but the browser tab keeps spinning (meaning not loaded fully)?

I tested on Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox also encountered the same issue.
Sir, jurong on iPad chrome doing fine.

jackycar

Master Member
Reaction score
@Linus am referring to the guy xRenol is replying to. He is quoting ur post to show him. Sorry for not being clear.

Teleport was offered as a service to access to the "Netflix service" when it was not available locally. they have never advertised that you will get the "US catalog" of the Netflix's library. Right?

Really? Teleport was offered ONLY for Netflix cause it wasn't available here?

How about Hulu?

Please la. MR knew what they were doing. Charge higher than M1 but lower than VQ but offer the same value add as VQ for FREE.

Then when people sign contract, just silently remove the value add and stop supporting it.

Breach of contract, misleading customers.

imacbie

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Well said. MR thinks they can keep misleading consumers by promising the moon and conveniently disappearing when things don't work.

Now their latest scam - sign up with us now and get Free mobile data - more like sign up now and hope we dont go belly up.

A lot of companies promised moons and stars some even Saturn and Pluto no?
not implying I agree MR did the same.

And I wonder how many current haters will come in stirring stuffs supposingly they succeeded in bidding. Just saying.

imacbie

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Really? Teleport was offered ONLY for Netflix cause it wasn't available here?

How about Hulu?

Please la. MR knew what they were doing. Charge higher than M1 but lower than VQ but offer the same value add as VQ for FREE.

Then when people sign contract, just silently remove the value add and stop supporting it.

Breach of contract, misleading customers.

Yeah u got it!! Cheers! :s12:
Go sue em ;)

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.