HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

MyRepublic fibre - Part 5

Like Tree358Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-03-2015, 12:18 PM   #16
Master Member

If it went back to its earlier days, I would gladly recontract 300mbps at $39. Otherwise, gonna jump to VQ despite paying $26 more

I agree, 2-3 years back customer service was excellent, but after trying to recontract last year, had many problems and the responsibility and reliability of MR service dropped like siao, I'm thinking signing up with VQ despite paying slightly more may be more viable, no harm trying since I know I get crap from MR anyway
Old 02-03-2015, 12:46 PM   #17
Banned

Actually, I have been expecting MR cust service to gown down...

This is because they are way too aggressive with their pricing and marketing. No doubt pricing will attract customers to sign up with them. but their support dept simply cannot keep up with the volume, aggressive pricing also means they cannot spend too much on support.
idmanotic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2015, 01:45 PM   #18
Master Member

Actually, I have been expecting MR cust service to gown down...

This is because they are way too aggressive with their pricing and marketing. No doubt pricing will attract customers to sign up with them. but their support dept simply cannot keep up with the volume, aggressive pricing also means they cannot spend too much on support.

I also expect service standard to drop with aggressive marketing but the drop has been too drastic to the point where it is mostly non-existant

When I wanted to recontract I was in limbo for a few months
Old 02-03-2015, 04:17 PM   #19

Apart from MR infamous customer service level, their billing date is also not very consistent.
Hi,

If you're having any billing issues, do not hesitate to contact us either via calling in, or we recommend PMing us here or on FB
Johnnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2015, 04:20 PM   #20

I agree, 2-3 years back customer service was excellent, but after trying to recontract last year, had many problems and the responsibility and reliability of MR service dropped like siao, I'm thinking signing up with VQ despite paying slightly more may be more viable, no harm trying since I know I get crap from MR anyway
Hi,

We do understand the frustration of waiting However we're actively trying to improve service in this field! If you have any queries do write to us here (we try to check daily) or you can PM us on FB, we're much more responsive ther e
Old 02-03-2015, 04:26 PM   #21
Supremacy Member

Hi,

We do understand the frustration of waiting However we're actively trying to improve service in this field! If you have any queries do write to us here (we try to check daily) or you can PM us on FB, we're much more responsive ther e
What is the point of checking daily if the reply in this thread is true??

MyRepublic Gave This DAMN Reply...
zer0ne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2015, 05:27 PM   #22

What is the point of checking daily if the reply in this thread is true??

MyRepublic Gave This DAMN Reply...
Hi,

That statement was taken out of context. We have informed the user that our engineers are looking into optimizing the DNS. We'd gladly post updates here as well
Old 02-03-2015, 06:15 PM   #23
Supremacy Member

Just saw MR advertisement in MRT train.
xRenol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2015, 07:00 PM   #24
Arch-Supremacy Member

Hi,

That statement was taken out of context. We have informed the user that our engineers are looking into optimizing the DNS. We'd gladly post updates here as well
ya finally able to beo Soccernet after so many days

tuckloong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2015, 09:17 PM   #25
Banned

I also expect service standard to drop with aggressive marketing but the drop has been too drastic to the point where it is mostly non-existant

When I wanted to recontract I was in limbo for a few months
Well, I guess this is what happen when MR grow too rapidly. MR tried to gain market share as quickly as possible and the best way is through aggressive pricing. However, they simply could not keep up with the demand and ended up killing themselves. Their extremely thin margin means they have limited budget on customer support. This way, they end up losing customers in the long run instead.

IMHO, VQ did the right thing. They position themselves as a premium ISP and with premium pricing. This way, they have fewer customers and they don't kill themselves. They could also deliver better service and keep their customers happy. Since they don't get into a price war, they could still have a healthy profit margin.

I believe this is also why the big 3 don't get into a price war. They will all end up killing themselves. When they see MR having such pricing, they never try to fight with MR but stick with their own pricing instead. I think they already know what will happen to MR later.
Old 02-03-2015, 09:20 PM   #26
High Supremacy Member

Well, I guess this is what happen when MR grow too rapidly. MR tried to gain market share as quickly as possible and the best way is through aggressive pricing. However, they simply could not keep up with the demand and ended up killing themselves. Their extremely thin margin means they have limited budget on customer support. This way, they end up losing customers in the long run instead.

IMHO, VQ did the right thing. They position themselves as a premium ISP and with premium pricing. This way, they have fewer customers and they don't kill themselves. They could also deliver better service and keep their customers happy. Since they don't get into a price war, they could still have a healthy profit margin.

I believe this is also why the big 3 don't get into a price war. They will all end up killing themselves. When they see MR having such pricing, they never try to fight with MR but stick with their own pricing instead. I think they already know what will happen to MR later.
M1 tried to fight MR leh, with their $39.99/mth 1gbps plan. ST tried to follow but their pricing is like VQ pricing, and with their reputation, its
Old 02-03-2015, 09:43 PM   #27
Banned

M1 tried to fight MR leh, with their $39.99/mth 1gbps plan. ST tried to follow but their pricing is like VQ pricing, and with their reputation, its
Btw, I am also using ST due to miotv

At least for me its still working fine. I don't have much problem apart from the crappy 5520 modem back then, now using 7002 so no complain.

But I have to say I am impressed with ST's torrent speeds. I am able to get 20MB/s sometimes. Thats like 160Mbps.
Old 02-03-2015, 09:55 PM   #28
Master Member

alamakazim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2015, 09:56 PM   #29
Master Member

problem still come and go, come and go

never solve...

CSO non-existent
Old 02-03-2015, 09:59 PM   #30
Master Member

Hi,

so what DNS must we be using?
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.