Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

MyRepublic fibre - Part 5

Like Tree223Likes
Share This Page
HardwareZone.com on Facebook

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-01-2017, 10:01 PM   #3706
Supremacy Member

The sent me an email saying that it will be 10 bucks more to continue without a contract.

After Ive been with them for 4 years or so….so much for being loyal to a brand.

Id gladly sign for 2 years but I'm only gonna be at the new place for a year confirmed…so don't want to incur any penalties if my situation changes….being honest doesn't seem to work with MR either….can some MR rep try and help me out on this?
Not only MR,

I believe this goes to the same to every one of the providers
It is hard to also believe that any rep would be able to get round this.

Money is loyal, haha

Worst case is to consider if a year if extra 10 bucks is more or the penalty
Old 11-01-2017, 10:55 PM   #3707
Arch-Supremacy Member

The sent me an email saying that it will be 10 bucks more to continue without a contract.

Id gladly sign for 2 years but I'm only gonna be at the new place for a year confirmed…so don't want to incur any penalties if my situation changes….being honest doesn't seem to work with MR either….can some MR rep try and help me out on this?
its a strategy to encourage people to be tied down by contract. Every ISP will have some sort of ways to entice people and some sort of ways to force people to recontract, so i'm not surprised MR does that.

Come to this again, i suggest you just give them the 10 dollars every month additionally to save the hassle of recontracting with them, or sign up a new service with other ISP since you are moving after one year.

Relocation fee is chargeable leh....
Old 11-01-2017, 11:44 PM   #3708
Supremacy Member

its a strategy to encourage people to be tied down by contract. Every ISP will have some sort of ways to entice people and some sort of ways to force people to recontract, so i'm not surprised MR does that.

Come to this again, i suggest you just give them the 10 dollars every month additionally to save the hassle of recontracting with them, or sign up a new service with other ISP since you are moving after one year.

Relocation fee is chargeable leh....
Just for fun
In fact the relocation fee is cheaper than the extra 10 bucks * 12
And the termination fee (not sure applicable here) when he decides to switch provider when the time comes.
Old 12-01-2017, 06:31 AM   #3709
Master Member

My modem just died on me (no power), suddenly!!! Omg~~~~~
frizee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2017, 09:47 AM   #3710
Supremacy Member

Quoted from here.

"The $58 relocation charge will be waived if you recontract within 3 months of the relocation date."
xRenol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2017, 10:59 AM   #3711
Supremacy Member

My modem just died on me (no power), suddenly!!! Omg~~~~~
have a similar plug lying around?
try it and u might just get lucky
Old 19-01-2017, 11:45 PM   #3712

[QUOTE=libraboy11;105629867]
Here u go
Do consider my referral code if u decided to sign up.
Cheers
Oh note I'm not on gamer, they probably have slight better? Since requesting can be done

Using your code
Thanks. Right time to sign up MR.
C1019097 i just used this code too for my new sign up.
f0r3st is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-2017, 10:55 PM   #3713
Supremacy Member

Has anyone switched from Singtel to Myrepublic? The ONT need to return to Singtel or can use it for MyRepublic? Thinking of getting it with Digital voice too.
boontiong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-2017, 11:06 PM   #3714
Supremacy Member

Has anyone switched from Singtel to Myrepublic? The ONT need to return to Singtel or can use it for MyRepublic? Thinking of getting it with Digital voice too.
Someone mentioned that the ONT do not need to return to Singtel but I doubt you can reuse the ONT for MR.
xRenol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2017, 07:42 AM   #3715

MR user, how the experience so far? as in does the internet goes down without any reason frequently? hows was the customer services?
xiaorazor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2017, 12:29 PM   #3716
Supremacy Member

I tried to sign for myrepublic, but installation is postponed cos Netlink trust got problem activating it...

Netlink trust claims that my unit (condo) is linked to MDF room located in another condo.. Is it common? They said they have problem accessing the MDF room, which I presume because the other condo won't grant access if it's not for a unit within their own condo..

I have escalated to case to IMDA.. They said will send an email to both Netlink and Myrepublic..

Does anyone knows what usually happens from here? And usually how long will it takes from here?

Thanks!
AMD_FREAK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2017, 12:34 PM   #3717
Supremacy Member

personal experience.

with MR since launch.
Never really experienced any major downtime.
all the ones I experienced are local hardware causes and each time after CS contacted, tech will be arranged for next working day.

as for CS, well, i believed MR is pretty well known around here in this department too (i believe the oldest provider has got issues in this dept. too). not in a good way probably. many negative comments on them by a number of users, some even start threads voicing displease.

but i feel, if the service is working and performing ok.
customers will not be contacting them so often.

satisfied with the service explaining the repeated re-contract.
that said, if u ever thought of signing up there's a referral discount available.
Old 23-01-2017, 12:42 PM   #3718
Supremacy Member

@AMD_FREAK

get your condo management to talk to the other CM from the other condo?
Old 23-01-2017, 07:45 PM   #3719

I have not much complaint on myrepublic internet service since I started using, which amount to almost 3 weeks.

However, for the redemption of PS4 wise... It's already almost 1 week since the bill was charged to my card, I have not receive the redemption letter. Previously I asked via their fb hotline, they mentioned that I will receive in about 1 week time after the bill is paid.

I called their service hotline now, their operator said it's 2 weeks after payment made. so is it 1 week or 2weeks? I told the operator that I was previously informed that this will take 1 week. the operator say the only thing he can do is to escalate up. Also, he hasty wanted to put down the call... doesn't feel very professional in terms of their operator way of handling customers, as well as their knowledge.

Sigh...
tormont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2017, 09:32 PM   #3720
Supremacy Member

There u go for the notorious cs
Call again and ask for higher management?
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.