MyRepublic fibre - Part 5

Lawzer

Reaction score
Who is MyRepublic owned by?

pretty diverse ownership. started by the founders malcolm greg and kc. later alot of other investors. very diverse, alot of angels and some conglomerates. dont think you can pick a owner. malcolm mostly calls the shots for most things day to day.

we get a fair bit of autonamy in country though on how we operate.

Lawzer

Reaction score
MyRepublic managing director Lawrence Chan: We want to be known as the service provider with heart

:angel: :angel:- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - :angel: :angel:

:angel: :angel:- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - :angel: :angel:

newspaper article must sound professional.

robolee

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
you on myrep mobile?
Nope, I am still under M1 contract mobile when myrep mobile was out for testing + official out.

Don't worry Lawzer you have done wonder for putting my case on high urgent.
I am using my left over 1gb sparing to post update and then proceed to do offline matter during the downtime :s12:

M1 Mobile Contract will only end at 3rd July 2020 sadly but MR gaming plan will end at 28 May 2020 which don't worry sure will recontract de :D

Did you sign up to this? MyRepublic quietly outs an S$48 unlimited data mobile plan?
Sadly i am under M1 Mobile Contract when MR mobile was on trial and turn official.

Last edited:

robolee

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
ONT device suddenly light up but still no connection with AUTH blinking. Guess I will still wait for tmr. Thou internet was up when I see the light came up /cry

robolee

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
This morning no more light again :( so weird. Still waiting for nlt and Mr techie to arrive later

Lawzer

Reaction score
This morning no more light again :( so weird. Still waiting for nlt and Mr techie to arrive later

most likely that they have to fix the cable. Maybe mdf room or splitter near ur place got issue.

more likely is mdf room, if its splitter then near ur house will have alot of complains.

robolee

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
most likely that they have to fix the cable. Maybe mdf room or splitter near ur place got issue.

more likely is mdf room, if its splitter then near ur house will have alot of complains.

NLT came, took 45mins to fix.

They adjust adjust until signal 24.99 :D

Internet is up. MR techie i think will arrive later i think since they did mention 2-4pm

robolee

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Lawzer

Reaction score
I asked, they say the wire specify to my fiber point got issue so they go down and "fix".
I stay at home so i dunno how they "fix" also but from 40 signal to 26 then i think they call MR or dunno who then say they try to lower it and they got 24.99 :s12:

as of i asked what is the best number for the signal. They didn't give me an answer

usually all ur home cables connect down to a splitter or fiber distribution cabinet at the mdf room in your building.

Chances are low signal cases is individual specific which means its somewhere along the line from there to your house. (if its anywhere before that, most of the building will have issue) Now unless some joker twist the line to your house or cut the line along the way from the mdf room to your house which is not likely considering not many ppl will mess with the lines along the corridor, i would say the most likely issue is where ppl are doing stuff which is in the mdf room.

now there are a few possibilities there, port failures, or someone bent a cable out of place while they are doing stuff. or the cable was bad in the first place and took some time for it to show (unlikely)

so to fix, either you can fusion splice a new pigtail after removing the bad part of the cable or change to another port etc.

Lawzer

Reaction score
usually all ur home cables connect down to a splitter or fiber distribution cabinet at the mdf room in your building.

Chances are low signal cases is individual specific which means its somewhere along the line from there to your house. (if its anywhere before that, most of the building will have issue) Now unless some joker twist the line to your house or cut the line along the way from the mdf room to your house which is not likely considering not many ppl will mess with the lines along the corridor, i would say the most likely issue is where ppl are doing stuff which is in the mdf room.

now there are a few possibilities there, port failures, or someone bent a cable out of place while they are doing stuff. or the cable was bad in the first place and took some time for it to show (unlikely)

so to fix, either you can fusion splice a new pigtail after removing the bad part of the cable or change to another port etc.

oh and this is my guess, rem this is personal capacity, no one told me anything yet, now lunchtime...mmm mcgriddles....

robolee

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

i think this one heng suay also cuz my neighbor no issue at all :vijayadmin:

Lawzer

Reaction score
I asked, they say the wire specify to my fiber point got issue so they go down and "fix".
I stay at home so i dunno how they "fix" also but from 40 signal to 26 then i think they call MR or dunno who then say they try to lower it and they got 24.99 :s12:

as of i asked what is the best number for the signal. They didn't give me an answer

i think i probably shouldnt say this, but totally on personal opinion, around 25 is ok.

doesnt mean lower better, doesnt mean you much lower than 25 means u gonna get faster latency etc.

its more like a tolerance level. much lower than 25, means they can probably split more or pull longer cables

robolee

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i think i probably shouldnt say this, but totally on personal opinion, around 25 is ok.

doesnt mean lower better, doesnt mean you much lower than 25 means u gonna get faster latency etc.

its more like a tolerance level. much lower than 25, means they can probably split more or pull longer cables

Your Tech dude told me between 16-26 is the range you want. He came, He measure. Got a whopping 20 signal now.

MyRepublic

Suspended
Reaction score
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.