Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
does MR have plan that not 1 or 2Gbps? say 500Mbps or 100Mbps

TTHanks

Last edited:

Jhawk55

Reaction score
Speed dropped greatly

Hi guys, I did speetests yesterday & today and found the speed has dropped greatly (DL 654/ UL 363 & DL 669/ UL 475). Is this normal?

MyRepublic

Suspended
Reaction score
Hi MyR, while I was trying to recontract my going to expire broadband, was faced with "Unable to recontract, please contact customer service" error.

Hence contacted the chat support and was told that I have overdue invoice of less than a month. As my account was deducted by GIRO monthly, it has not trigger for this month.

How true was it that I need to clear my current month bill before I was able to recontract?

FYI, my billing period for this particular topic is 24 May 2020 - 23 Jun 2020.

I find this totally absurd? Not like I was even two months payment due?

Hey there. Let us have someone look into this. Can you PM us your customer ID?

vpsupun

Reaction score
RE: Dual GAMER 1Gbps x 2

Hi Guys,

Last Friday I got Dual GAMER 1Gbps x 2 connection from MR.

I've few question regarding the connectivity. I'll be pleased if you can help me on these. ( Apologies if these questions were already answered in this thread )

1. This 2x of 1Gbps connection made me to have two separate networks inside my home which cannot communicate each other. Do you have any networking suggestions ( not expensive ) to connect them each other ?

2. I'm having MyRepublic ONT. I just checked with MY about the link aggregation capabilities on that. So I could connect both of them to a single router which has 2 WAN links with link aggregation (e.g. Netgear routers). They said it's not possible. Do you have Alcatel or Nokia ONTs which supports this feature ?

3. Does any of these ONT devices supports (enabled) NAT inside ?

4. If the answer to above is NO, then how safe to connect one connection from ONT directly to my Laptop/Desktop ? Any thoughts ?

Cheers & stay safe !

fadefade

Reaction score
Hi guys, I did speetests yesterday & today and found the speed has dropped greatly (DL 654/ UL 363 & DL 669/ UL 475). Is this normal?

your speed not miserable as mine...

i had intermittent dl 10mbs / ul less than 1mb within a day...

its so frustrating when playing online games...:(

Jhawk55

Reaction score
your speed not miserable as mine...

i had intermittent dl 10mbs / ul less than 1mb within a day...

its so frustrating when playing online games...:(

Hi fadefade, your speed is really bad sia. I wonder if this is due to many people are now working at home, so the network is more busy now? Maybe the Myrepublic reps can answer this question.... :s12:

slogd3ad

Reaction score
9575817861.png

9575833836.png

What's your speedtest results?
I've sign up MYR 2 months already, so far I got no complaints.

Last edited:

karloil

Reaction score
KpMtwgT.jpg

what's up with my 1Gbps plan @MR?

In addition, if you can connect via LAN directly to your ONT, that would be a better measure of your speed test.

Or if your router's firmware has a built-in speed test, you can also do it from there.

wakokokoyz

Reaction score
thank you guys for the reply. yeah. direct lan is 8xx/4xx. better. something wring with ac88u config. ill figure it out. cheers!

uncle_josh

Reaction score
myrepublic is not symmetric upload/download. so nothing wrong with your results.

Sent from 天作孽 犹可恕 自作孽 不可活 using GAGT

fir_nev

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

My SH HomeHub plan is going to expire in a month's time. I have asked my colleagues and friends which ISP they recommend. Most said MyRepublic.

I would like to know from your unbiased opinion how has it worked out for you.

I have been SH's customer for 16 years and I have nothing but good reviews about them. The only downside is their packages offered seem to be less attractive over the years. So, jumping ship could be tough and I don't want to regret after jumping because our entertainment will come 100% from an Android box.

xRenol

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

My SH HomeHub plan is going to expire in a month's time. I have asked my colleagues and friends which ISP they recommend. Most said MyRepublic.

I would like to know from your unbiased opinion how has it worked out for you.

I have been SH's customer for 16 years and I have nothing but good reviews about them. The only downside is their packages offered seem to be less attractive over the years. So, jumping ship could be tough and I don't want to regret after jumping because our entertainment will come 100% from an Android box.

Beside your Android box, what is your other Internet usage?

MR comes with private dynamic IP address by default. If you need to perform port forwarding or web hosting etc., you will need to apply for Static IP at a one-time installation charge of $50.

Last edited:

fir_nev

Reaction score
Beside your Android box, what is your other Internet usage?

MR comes with private dynamic IP address by default. If you need to perform port forwarding or web hosting etc., you will need to apply for Static IP at a one-time installation charge of $50.

Besides Android box for entertainment, I have IP cam to monitor my kid and gaming (provided I assemble my replacement rig).

Only those lah. Nothing heavy.

colgate

Reaction score
Sharing my experience troubleshooting MR line recently. I have been using MR for 4-years+

When using speedtest on laptop and mobile phone, use only the native installed app. Do not access speedtesting using your internet browser as the speed shown is typically way lower.

For me, I am able to achieve the below speed using MR 1Gbps, with direct wired ethernet to my laptop. The setup is FTP > ONT > Main Router > 2nd Router > Laptop

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.