New Starhub Router Hardware for Fibre

chaz

Reaction score
Heya, anyone got a call for a months trial of new hardware for Starhub fibre?

I got a call yesterday. The tech guys will be coming over to my place this Sat. The new hardware is apparently a D-link router (not sure what model) that will take over the current huawei gateway. The guy over the phone said that the current gateway isn't really optimised for the speeds of fibre and that the new dlink router is much better.

Will post updates when I get them.

alvinaloy

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Post pictures of the router too hor (if it's not commercially available).

chaz

Reaction score
yups,, will do. I'm using a D-link DIR-655 with my gateway now. Hopefully the new router will be better or just as good. haha.

chaicka

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I am not sure about taking over HuaWei RG.

According to information that I am aware of, both RGs - HuaWei and D-Link are available at customer's choice.

A buddy of mine has been offered the choice when signing up just last week. His installation has been confirmed to be on 30th Sept.

LemonT

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I am not sure about taking over HuaWei RG.

According to information that I am aware of, both RGs - HuaWei and D-Link are available at customer's choice.

A buddy of mine has been offered the choice when signing up just last week. His installation has been confirmed to be on 30th Sept.

What did your buddy take?

chaz

Reaction score
Ok, finally got the new D-Link router installed. The model number is DVG-N5402SP. Somehow it can't connect to the network now, so I'm still using the old Huawei RG. The tech guy said to try the new hardware again later tonight.

Anywayz, some pics below of the new RG.

6155292510_95201e5258_b.jpg

6155292702_610ab2a3ab_b.jpg

6155292948_20439d2fc0_b.jpg

6155293140_48f125fc5f_b.jpg

6154750033_fd85ac8659_b.jpg

6155292306_05dde073d9_b.jpg

randomforumer

Reaction score
wow nice!
I believe this beats the huawei one with its looks alone.

Other people with the huawei router can request to change to this ????

albertlee

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Bros chaz, can upload the user manual? This product is still very new and the manual found online is for h/w B1.

ct

Reaction score
Can anyone feedback if use this Dlink router,anyone has slow oversea connection on their fibre?I was suspecting the slow starhub fibre is caused by the Huawei router.I have encounter slowness to oversea site using other brand of router using PPPOE for Starhub corporate fibre.

prayerboy

Reaction score
I've emailed Starhub asking them to let me join this trial. Hope they respond and let me join. N hopefully it'll be better. Huawei RG really sucks!

chaz

Reaction score
hey guys, the router doesn't come with a manual. haha , but its the typical dlink admin page as in most of their routers.

I haven't managed to connect the router yet. lol.. great trial. Will see if I get a connection by this weekend.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.