Opennet installion - share experience please

chunlianghere

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
is the one at the top of my door, just outside?
cannot find the way to open. the box is painted over, i think this happened during the repainting of my block.

how to open?

jus use something to scrap away lor.. there r 2 screw at each corner of the box.

chaicka

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
u extend another 15m

firstly thought of installing another scv tv point but it cost so much...then the open net letter came... lucky... thus no need; now just need to book appt, wait for them to fix, test and finally for me to take up one of fibre plan promotion...hope good good ones together with mobile internet plan... in sept 2011=:p so just need to endure 7mths then no more cable internet :D maybe take up M1 fibre plan...and the unused scv tv point gave back to my dad for his local programs... :s13:

after CNY then call them to fix the signal issues... local channels so grainy pictures despite using Sharp Aquos tv :( it could be free if it is their problem otherwise pay the transport fees which is cheaper than a new scv tv point :s13: and still got money to spare if i extend another 5m for fibre :s13:

btw so far no noise yet since my block got the letters already... some of them could be waiting to see who do first and check out their skills lol :s13: or maybe after first few days of CNY then do :s13:
Trunking skill? Hahaha... I think my lousy trunking skill is better than those 'FTs'.

NWT1978

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Trunking skill? Hahaha... I think my lousy trunking skill is better than those 'FTs'.

yah...the trunking and drilling skills... hope they dont damaged it before installing it... later delay more :(

already make an appt to fix the tp...

now thinking of the best day to call starhub to fix the 2 cable tv points...

first got an call from them... say only pay 32 plus to fix it if not starhub network problem...

then got email from them say need to pay 42 plus to fix it if not starhub network problem...

then the latest email by them... now say it back to 32 plus but if problem cannot fix must install new point :(

Last edited:

chaicka

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
yah...the trunking and drilling skills... hope they dont damaged it before installing it... later delay more :(

already make an appt to fix the tp...

now thinking of the best day to call starhub to fix the 2 cable tv points...

first got an call from them... say only pay 32 plus to fix it if not starhub network problem...

then got email from them say need to pay 42 plus to fix it if not starhub network problem...

then the latest email by them... now say it back to 32 plus but if problem cannot fix must install new point :(
There is a small possibility that the issue may be caused by micro-rust in the connectors inside the box that houses the isolator.

Keep your fingers crossed. ;)

NWT1978

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
There is a small possibility that the issue may be caused by micro-rust in the connectors inside the box that houses the isolator.

Keep your fingers crossed. ;)

hope so then is their fault and it FOC :D

emailing back their reply to see which time slot are available since i need to give them 5 days in advance notice :s13:

updates
just did that :s34: awaiting their reply. Hope they got free slot within this week and hope they are skillful and professional otherwise more problems... like cut wrong wires and disrupt the cable channels and later bill me the reconnection fees :eek:

updates 1:

he call today after i email them... make an appointment this coming week to check and fix it. Hope not need to install a new ones... Sure expensive... 139 plus :eek: some high quality stuffs they used... :eek:

good thing got warranty ones...

will be printing out the email... or later kana pawned by them later they charge more...

strange thing... cant be billed to the account. Must pay in cash... CASH is KING...

one month left to TP installed :D Hope everything sweet and neat and no delay nor messy and half @ss skill being done...

Last edited:

AT

Reaction score
If everything is in your room, then what about your TV channels in the living room (assuming you have one there), how are you going to get the channels or are you just using antenna to receive free to air channels?

Ok, finally understood....thanks very much for your useful replies!!!

Anyone out there using SH MaxInfinity? Can share your set ups?

NWT1978

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
my installation next monday. hopefully, everything is smooth.////

share your experiences too... mine is next mth middle...

see how the feedbacks from my block... if heard loud shouting and fighting mean i need to worry... =:p

sKeLeToN

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If everything is in your room, then what about your TV channels in the living room (assuming you have one there), how are you going to get the channels or are you just using antenna to receive free to air channels?

My living room tv will still be hooked up to the existing Starhub cable point? The OpenNet TP will not render my existing cable point useless rite? :o

NWT1978

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Dont touch the one outside!
(by right)

oh that large white thing outside the door? now that box got painted during painting works... it even whiter now and they even painted the screws :s13:

hopefully the technician dont charge extra when he have difficult removing it to check tml...:(:s22:

AT

Reaction score
OK roger that. I was just thinking in future you may want to subscribe to the Ip-TV services and all that future TV goodies that requires/makes full use of the wider broadband that comes with fibre. In those cases then if I am not mistaken, there must be a link from your RG-ONT to your TV's set top box.

cheers

My living room tv will still be hooked up to the existing Starhub cable point? The OpenNet TP will not render my existing cable point useless rite? :o

liangtam

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
oh that large white thing outside the door? now that box got painted during painting works... it even whiter now and they even painted the screws :s13:

hopefully the technician dont charge extra when he have difficult removing it to check tml...:(:s22:

He wont try the one outside unless the feed had problem in your house

NWT1978

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
He wont try the one outside unless the feed had problem in your house

ah... hope i can understand his or her english... or Mandarin...

later is AT Mandarin or other countries english... :s22:

eagerly awaiting the coming :s34: tml got to wake early to move things here and there :s34:

NWT1978

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
well they came... both guys...

checking here and there... cant fixed it... lol... whole block signals weak... but no one complain about that lol except me lol :s13:

maybe no one watch cable tv programs or local programs lol :s13:

waiting further from Starhub to fix it...

it FOC... which is lucky and nice... :D Field engineer is friendly and professional. :D

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.