Replace missing TP - Go through ISP or liaise with NLT direct?

CCCustom

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
As per topic.

My mother bought an old landed property, and probably our mistake for not checking out these things before reno started ... we can't find a TP in the house now. My mother tells me she'd checked with the previous owner and they said it is in the small triangular space used as a small storage cupboard under the stairs. I checked inside and found nothing in there except this cable:

ReNJLJK.jpg

Yes probably looks like it was taken with a potato :s13: Can't get a good focus because this space is pretty dark. But this cable has this brown "fur" inside. Can I confirm this is the fibre cable? If so, chances are that the contractor ripped out the TP during painting or doing up a new storage cabinet in this triangular space under the stairs.

Anyways, I spoke with NLT and they confirmed they have record that this house already had fibre installed, so they will consider it as a repair / replacement job which costs $270 before GST instead of $450 before GST for a new install job.

I asked the guy if I should be arranging for this directly with them or through the ISP, and the guy said I can do either 1.

Anyone who'd had to repair / replace a TP or do a new install at a place without TP, can advise whether to liaise with NLT directly or go through ISP? I'm thinking if NLT does direct job might as well go through them? I had some unpleasantness with c@ck-up with my Viewqwest installation at my own place last year where they kept putting all the blame on NLT. Or does that mean I should be going through the ISP so there's no excuse for c@ck-up where the ISP can throw the blame to me that the TP installation was not overseen by them? :s22:

eric3743

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Let ISP handle all the task.
As ISP know NLT appt and will provide you their appt to install ONT & activation.
Both appt require someone to be present.

NLT will be inside your premise to fix the TP.
Do note that once NLT appt is make will be confirm.
No change is allow as charges still apply should you want to change or even cancel.

Of cos you can contact NLT yourself.
As said it is your decision.

Refer to this link for more info:

http://www.hardwarezone.com.sg/feature-preparing-your-home-fiber-broadband

Last edited:

renfred89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
As per topic.

My mother bought an old landed property, and probably our mistake for not checking out these things before reno started ... we can't find a TP in the house now. My mother tells me she'd checked with the previous owner and they said it is in the small triangular space used as a small storage cupboard under the stairs. I checked inside and found nothing in there except this cable:

ReNJLJK.jpg

Yes probably looks like it was taken with a potato :s13: Can't get a good focus because this space is pretty dark. But this cable has this brown "fur" inside. Can I confirm this is the fibre cable? If so, chances are that the contractor ripped out the TP during painting or doing up a new storage cabinet in this triangular space under the stairs.

Anyways, I spoke with NLT and they confirmed they have record that this house already had fibre installed, so they will consider it as a repair / replacement job which costs $270 before GST instead of $450 before GST for a new install job.

I asked the guy if I should be arranging for this directly with them or through the ISP, and the guy said I can do either 1.

Anyone who'd had to repair / replace a TP or do a new install at a place without TP, can advise whether to liaise with NLT directly or go through ISP? I'm thinking if NLT does direct job might as well go through them? I had some unpleasantness with c@ck-up with my Viewqwest installation at my own place last year where they kept putting all the blame on NLT. Or does that mean I should be going through the ISP so there's no excuse for c@ck-up where the ISP can throw the blame to me that the TP installation was not overseen by them? :s22:

I suggest you liaise with NLT yourself. ISPs usually go according to the records of whether your premise is fibre ready or not. If its not fibre ready per record, NLT installation appt is made prior to service provisioning. If its ready, they wont check if your TP is there or not, and that service provisioning date will be set and the tech will come down to install the equipments. However, if they come down and realise the TP is missing, they will schedule another appt and that is, to let NLT come and repair the TP. Here, you already wasted precious time and it can take up to weeks..

I think whether you ask ISP to arrange appt for you or you arrange with NLT, both are chargeable and is not waived as per “free TP installation” promo.

Also, if you intend to sign up a fibre service with an ISP and that you mentioned before hand about the missing TP and their records show your premise is fibre ready, then I guess they wont help you to arrange anything as essentially you are not their customer yet, that’s my understanding so far...

magix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I would suggest work with NLT to get the TP re-installed.

ISP would tap onto NLT database and if the Database say Fiber point installed, they would just arrange the fiber to be activated as your unit. I believe their workflow is very rigid that they wouldn't be able to arrange a TP re-installation if their db show fiber ready... You can try your luck with ISP but would have batter turnaround time if u work on NLT

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.