Singnet Fibre Optic Broadband Speed Discussion

renfred89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Onr all 4 ports will work. You can plug to port 1 yourself lor.

so singtel came over just now to install. as of now I'm only getting 610++ mbps on my old computer. should I be consent??? and funny thing is my fibre is active on port 2 and port 1 has no signal at all or light at all. i called singtel and they told me they activated port 1 instead of 2. should I be consent about that as well???? can some one help me test if your other port will blink red on the optical network router please???

Jamesykl

Master Member
Reaction score
Speedtest.net does not allow speedtest from foreign servers. Anyone know how to work around this?

eric3743

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Speedtest.net does not allow speedtest from foreign servers. Anyone know how to work around this?

Yes speedtest.net do allow oversea servers, if you do explorer the options.

Click on Change Server which will list local and 'close to you' servers.
For more specific countries or servers do input in the Search box.

piaget

Reaction score
Does Singnet allow top up to upgrade to a better ASUS router to replace their bundled router?

leapfrog333

Reaction score
onr router

There won't be any significant difference to speed as compared to current onts. But the fact that it's an onr, all ports are vlan tagged and your access point can be used from any router brand. That's to say, onr device will greatly benefit bto 2013 and beyond.

Now people no need to rack their brains finding out which router to buy, how to set up the network cabling etc...

Hi, I tried finding for information on this forum but am a bit confused with my findings. I have the new ONR Huawei router and have just ordered a Xiaomi Router Pro (R3P). Based on your quote above,

1) I can bypass the Singtel AC router (Arcydan AC1900) altogether right?

2) Is there any setup needed on my new router? (ie to key in my singtel login and pass and set it to any specific mode?)

Thanks for your help.

miloaisdino

Reaction score
There won't be any significant difference to speed as compared to current onts. But the fact that it's an onr, all ports are vlan tagged and your access point can be used from any router brand. That's to say, onr device will greatly benefit bto 2013 and beyond.

Now people no need to rack their brains finding out which router to buy, how to set up the network cabling etc...

If only they allowed bridge mode as well -- no vlan for public ip, seperate onr ports for iptv or configuration only... that would be the best

miloaisdino

Reaction score
Anyway singtel routing these days really suck. https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/...etwork-ngbn-forum-320/m1-service-5883133.html if u get what i mean...

Ping to AWS servers: (estimated during non-peak)

Region M1 Singtel
Singapore 8ms 18-50ms (jitter)
Sydney 91ms 164ms
China 252ms 1616ms (jitter&packet loss, else 475ms)
California 162ms 195ms
London 167ms 447ms
Ireland 176ms 368ms
Frankfurt 161ms 486ms
Ohio 230ms 385ms

Not to mention singtel's incredible jitter to China and EU
Imo best to stay away from them. Service quality drop liao, go for M1!

Last edited:

renfred89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi, I tried finding for information on this forum but am a bit confused with my findings. I have the new ONR Huawei router and have just ordered a Xiaomi Router Pro (R3P). Based on your quote above,

1) I can bypass the Singtel AC router (Arcydan AC1900) altogether right?

2) Is there any setup needed on my new router? (ie to key in my singtel login and pass and set it to any specific mode?)

Thanks for your help.

ONFR itself is a router. the ONR can be accessed by you to make configuration as necessary.

The xiaomi router you intending to use must operate in AP mode.

singtel AC plus router provided is acting as an AP, you can remove it if you have a desired AP in mind.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.