HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Singtel 1 Gbps Unlimited Fibre

Like Tree126Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 27-09-2015, 10:45 AM   #46
Arch-Supremacy Member

Can some Singtel staff reading this post, better educated their staff instead of wasting our time as well as their own time?

I called on 23rd Sep to enquire in advance the release of VLAN tagging profile on my internet subscription, person who replied has the knowledge and reverted correctly and accordingly.

On 25th Sep, its obviously not done and (I am on unlimited fibre plan and) when I call the 1688 to ask for VLAN tagging profile to be released, they simply have no idea what I am talking about. The singtel staff ask me if i am connecting special cable.

Also suggest my macbook is fault, thunderbolt to ethernet cable is wrong and windows laptop is required instead of understanding the problem is on their side.

End of the day, i wasted 1 hr on one call and 15 mins on another, and nothing was resolved except that I had requested for technician to come down.

Migrating from analogue telephone under the 200 mbs fibre broadband family bundle to the unlimited fibre broadband, the sales staffs tell me I will be on digital line. At the cut over period, this is not done.

Problems in summary

1. At cut over period, Singtel fails to convert my analogue telephone line to digital line.

2. At cut over period, Singtel fails to release Vlan tagging.

3. Staffs have poor knowledge.

I very much appreciated their persistence and their best in trying to help with the issues. But lacking critical knowledge is really time wasting on both the consumer as well as Singtel side.
you have upgraded from the previous 200mbps fibre entertainment bundle (comes with singtel tv) plan to the unlimited plan?

if thats so, you might wanna change the port at ONT from port 1 to port 2. see if this works.

Go to this Link, scroll down to "installation & technical support", look under "which ONT port is for my unlimited fibre".

from there, it clearly stated that if you are upgrading from the previous fibre entertainment bundle, you need to switch to port 2 at ONT, while if you are upgrading from the normal home fibre, you can leave it at port 1.

So far being said, I assume you know that unlimited fibre cannot be used with the previously issued singtel wireless router..

come back to us if its still the same..
renfred89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-2015, 09:13 PM   #47
Master Member

you have upgraded from the previous 200mbps fibre entertainment bundle (comes with singtel tv) plan to the unlimited plan?

if thats so, you might wanna change the port at ONT from port 1 to port 2. see if this works.

Go to this Link, scroll down to "installation & technical support", look under "which ONT port is for my unlimited fibre".

from there, it clearly stated that if you are upgrading from the previous fibre entertainment bundle, you need to switch to port 2 at ONT, while if you are upgrading from the normal home fibre, you can leave it at port 1.

So far being said, I assume you know that unlimited fibre cannot be used with the previously issued singtel wireless router..

come back to us if its still the same..
thanks for ur help, this page got more information than the 1688 help desk, in any case now, i am resigned to the fate for the field technician to come down because i have spend enough time.

I am still using the old Aztech router, ie they did not release the VLAN tagging
bullsback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-2015, 08:53 PM   #48

Can some Singtel staff reading this post, better educated their staff instead of wasting our time as well as their own time?

I called on 23rd Sep to enquire in advance the release of VLAN tagging profile on my internet subscription, person who replied has the knowledge and reverted correctly and accordingly.

On 25th Sep, its obviously not done and (I am on unlimited fibre plan and) when I call the 1688 to ask for VLAN tagging profile to be released, they simply have no idea what I am talking about. The singtel staff ask me if i am connecting special cable.

Also suggest my macbook is fault, thunderbolt to ethernet cable is wrong and windows laptop is required instead of understanding the problem is on their side.

End of the day, i wasted 1 hr on one call and 15 mins on another, and nothing was resolved except that I had requested for technician to come down.

Migrating from analogue telephone under the 200 mbs fibre broadband family bundle to the unlimited fibre broadband, the sales staffs tell me I will be on digital line. At the cut over period, this is not done.

Problems in summary

1. At cut over period, Singtel fails to convert my analogue telephone line to digital line.

2. At cut over period, Singtel fails to release Vlan tagging.

3. Staffs have poor knowledge.

I very much appreciated their persistence and their best in trying to help with the issues. But lacking critical knowledge is really time wasting on both the consumer as well as Singtel side.
Good luck man...The field tech will repeat this process again.

Anyway, when the tech come...just said your cable/computer/internet are working with aztech router. But ur contract is unlimited fibre plan which doesnt require vlan tagging. Please call your backend to release vlan tagging on my RG. If not, they will waste another 1 hr of ur time.

And also make sure they conduct speed test.

i want to highlight this issue to singtel but i am not equip with IT knowledge.

RG(bullsback-1gbps home bundle)->ONT->aztech (vlan tagging)= Working
RG(bullsback-1gbps home bundle)->ONT-> asus router = Not Working

RG(bullsback-1gbps unlimited fibre)->ONT-> asus router = Working
wongminmin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-2015, 11:12 PM   #49

Yes I experienced this problem today. I called 1688 to request for removing of vlan tagging on my 1Gbps Unlimited Fibre, which I upgraded from 200M in June. So now I finally know why no action on my Asus router, yet 1Gbps is working since June, they didn't remove vlan tagging.

I told the CSO my Internet works with Asus AC66 as I have enabled vlan profile, if i change to another router, it doesnt work. Then they dare to say I'm using unsupported 3rd party router. Since they DON'T provide any router for 1Gbps Unlimited Fibre, what should we use sia?

Then I made it simple for them, telling them its not related to router. I connect my laptop directly to ONT, yet I cannot get an IP nor connect to Internet. Ding dong here and there to different people, all dunno what is vlan tagging.. yet the only thing they can is to send tech down few days later.

Maybe I'll try to call up tmr and try to get another senior guy who knows what to do.. sianz sia..
Old 30-09-2015, 06:32 AM   #50
Arch-Supremacy Member

Yes I experienced this problem today. I called 1688 to request for removing of vlan tagging on my 1Gbps Unlimited Fibre, which I upgraded from 200M in June. So now I finally know why no action on my Asus router, yet 1Gbps is working since June, they didn't remove vlan tagging.

I told the CSO my Internet works with Asus AC66 as I have enabled vlan profile, if i change to another router, it doesnt work. Then they dare to say I'm using unsupported 3rd party router. Since they DON'T provide any router for 1Gbps Unlimited Fibre, what should we use sia?

Then I made it simple for them, telling them its not related to router. I connect my laptop directly to ONT, yet I cannot get an IP nor connect to Internet. Ding dong here and there to different people, all dunno what is vlan tagging.. yet the only thing they can is to send tech down few days later.

Maybe I'll try to call up tmr and try to get another senior guy who knows what to do.. sianz sia..
Have u tried switching port from Port 1 to port 2 of ONT? See if your Asus router work WITHOUT IPTV profile. Update us again..
renfred89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-2015, 08:35 AM   #51
Arch-Supremacy Member

They have a lot of new staffs and it has high turn over rate. New staff may not be properly trained.
Henry Ng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-2015, 10:07 AM   #52

Am having issue here with Unlimited Fibre $50 contract.
Pls advice experts here, I've been calling Singtel but to no avail.

My current plan is the old 200mpbs with Miotv entertainment bundle, recontracted to Unlimited Fibre (no TV) and it will activate on this Friday.

I bought ASUS AC3200. Tried changing to this router first before Friday so I could return TV setup box etc to Singtel.

My ASUS router wifi is connected, with access to router page on my browser.
Internet status however is disconnected.

Went to "Quick Internet Setup" tab and was prompted these qns.

Does your Internet connection require user name and password?

Yes
My Internet connection type is PPPoE, L2TP or PPTP
No
My Internet connection type is Automatic IP (Cable modem, Dynamic IP, DHCP) or Static IP

Any suggestions on where to find such information online? I'm still waiting for the Singtel to call back in the meanwhile.
MuppeJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-2015, 10:15 AM   #53
Arch-Supremacy Member

Am having issue here with Unlimited Fibre $50 contract.
Pls advice experts here, I've been calling Singtel but to no avail.

My current plan is the old 200mpbs with Miotv entertainment bundle, recontracted to Unlimited Fibre (no TV) and it will activate on this Friday.

I bought ASUS AC3200. Tried changing to this router first before Friday so I could return TV setup box etc to Singtel.

My ASUS router wifi is connected, with access to router page on my browser.
Internet status however is disconnected.

Went to "Quick Internet Setup" tab and was prompted these qns.

Any suggestions on where to find such information online? I'm still waiting for the Singtel to call back in the meanwhile.
It is because you are still on 200M so temporary you have to use the router provided by ST. ST router will still work for your internet without Tv. You can return the Tv box but the router is yours and no need to return. You can only set up on Friday after ST has provisioned your line to 1Gbps.

Last edited by Henry Ng; 30-09-2015 at 10:17 AM..
Old 30-09-2015, 11:04 AM   #54

During setup, you can select the configuration preset.

From the list of options, can you select 'Singtel-Others'? It should work.
WWE_Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-2015, 12:39 PM   #55
Arch-Supremacy Member

Since Friday 1Gbps will be activated, he just need to wait till friday and do the set up once and settle it. If he set up now, he will have to set up again on Friday when he jumped over to 1Gbps. Like that do double work la.
Old 30-09-2015, 02:00 PM   #56

It is because you are still on 200M so temporary you have to use the router provided by ST. ST router will still work for your internet without Tv. You can return the Tv box but the router is yours and no need to return. You can only set up on Friday after ST has provisioned your line to 1Gbps.
Thanks Henry.

I will change it on Friday and see how it goes.

I don't see "Singtel-others". Decided that I should just try it on Friday and see how it goes. Thanks for the reply.

Now I have a major problem. I dismantled the MioTv setup, how do I get back my mediacorp channels?

This is the TV.

Singtel ONT

What TV cables to plug into which device?
Old 30-09-2015, 03:21 PM   #57

After some trial and error, the television I supposed connects neither to ONT and router I assume.

TV now connects to the SCV box? I can't find that cable to connect to SCV box though so can't try it.

The home phone line connects to Singtel router instead of ONT?

Come Friday, home line connects to Asus AC3200?
Old 30-09-2015, 04:30 PM   #58
Arch-Supremacy Member

After some trial and error, the television I supposed connects neither to ONT and router I assume.

TV now connects to the SCV box? I can't find that cable to connect to SCV box though so can't try it.

The home phone line connects to Singtel router instead of ONT?

Come Friday, home line connects to Asus AC3200?
Since no more Mio Tv, u can receive the free to air using an indoor antenna if your Tv is a IDTV (If your area is ready). For Unlimited Fibre plan, u can plug in the phone to the ONT. In fact now you can call 1688 to make the arrangement.

Last edited by Henry Ng; 30-09-2015 at 04:32 PM..
Old 30-09-2015, 04:35 PM   #59

Since no more Mio Tv, u can receive the free to air using an indoor antenna if your Tv is a IDTV (If your area is ready). For Unlimited Fibre plan, u can plug in the phone to the ONT.
Just read a whole much of DVB-T2 thingy, am quite outdated I realised.

Don't think this TV is IDTV and doubt my area is ready.

Any recommendation for DVB-T2 set-up box and antenna?
Old 30-09-2015, 04:37 PM   #60

Ok thanks Henry, home line connects to ONT once unlimited Fibre activates.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.