HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Starhub ending their cable broadband by end next year

Like Tree3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-11-2016, 08:28 AM   #91

i very lost leh? so if starhub stop providing cable TV does it mean next time fibre TV must still have the SCV point anot as i be moving house and dun know whether do i need to lay the SCV point again for my TV since they are not proving cable services again
mitoev96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2016, 08:34 AM   #92
Arch-Supremacy Member

i very lost leh? so if starhub stop providing cable TV does it mean next time fibre TV must still have the SCV point anot as i be moving house and dun know whether do i need to lay the SCV point again for my TV since they are not proving cable services again
Better plan for both fibre Tv and cable Tv as Cable Tv future is not confirmed yet.
Henry Ng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2016, 09:20 AM   #93

Better plan for both fibre Tv and cable Tv as Cable Tv future is not confirmed yet.
Thanks bro
mitoev96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-12-2016, 11:00 AM   #94

Sigh, another useless point on the wall... technology is moving too fast
uncertain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-12-2016, 01:51 PM   #95
High Supremacy Member

Starhub already announced on their website they are ceasing cable (meaning cable broadband and cable TV) in 2020.

The way I see it, judging from the numerous complaints on Starhub's FB page about connection issues, I would rather get Singtel BB and Singtel TV. At least Singtel's more stable from a connection point of view. Anyway most of the channels I currently get on Starhub, Singtel TV also have.

If Starhub BB was more stable I don't mind getting it and then transition my Starhub cable TV to Starhub fibre TV but judging from the posts on their FB page, I rather not risk it.
derrickgoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2017, 01:10 PM   #96
High Supremacy Member

recontact 2more yr plan..

wow i dunno who press KaraOK channel on the remote!! pay extra for nth LOL..

nv check bill also.
*i remember i set pw before.. think got reset as they update their software.
harky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2017, 04:14 PM   #97
High Supremacy Member

How to use fiber TV?

my FTP is in my network room, my TV is in the hall....

cant use homeplugs for the TV too coz its on my main network
Can use vlans. One vlan for Internet and another for TV. Sort of like miotv.

Ah-Pin-Kor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-2017, 05:31 PM   #98
High Supremacy Member

Starhub already announced on their website they are ceasing cable (meaning cable broadband and cable TV) in 2020.

The way I see it, judging from the numerous complaints on Starhub's FB page about connection issues, I would rather get Singtel BB and Singtel TV. At least Singtel's more stable from a connection point of view. Anyway most of the channels I currently get on Starhub, Singtel TV also have.

If Starhub BB was more stable I don't mind getting it and then transition my Starhub cable TV to Starhub fibre TV but judging from the posts on their FB page, I rather not risk it.
then why during the IT show they re-promote the cable broadband @ $29.90?
Old 21-03-2017, 08:29 PM   #99
High Supremacy Member

IT Show 2017 + 2 years contract = 2019. They are pulling the plug in 2020. Hello?? Know how to count?
Old 21-03-2017, 09:21 PM   #100

Honestly, at this point, they're most likely simply trying to defray the cost of running the cable infrastructure until their contract expires.
Groudon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2017, 11:10 AM   #101
Arch-Supremacy Member

Honestly, at this point, they're most likely simply trying to defray the cost of running the cable infrastructure until their contract expires.
True la. Actually Starhub should not stop cable broadband.
Old 10-04-2017, 11:57 AM   #102
High Supremacy Member

True la. Actually Starhub should not stop cable broadband.
Greedy idiots will end up shooting themselves in the foot. They are so confident that existing starhub cable tv ppl will blindly transition to starhub fibre tv. And of course to subscribe to fibre tv u must also subscribe to starhub BB. So they probably think they are very clever by forcing ppl to sign up for starhub BB.

Only someone who has not read the tons of complaints about speed & disconnection on starhub's FB page will do that. Others will either jump to singtel BB & singel tv or to viewqwest & viewqwest tv.

So not only does starhub not get the BB subscribers they were hoping for, but they also lose their cable tv subscribers. Classic case of how greed blinds ppl and a plan to make them richer ends up making them poorer.
Old 14-01-2018, 03:43 PM   #103
Arch-Supremacy Member

Any update on the date.
Old 14-01-2018, 05:07 PM   #104

just for the record, i am having a good run with starhub, both on the fibre and cable at my inlaws place. only caveat is they are not the cheapest and they charge for voice service on the internet plan.

Last edited by darren_soh86; 14-01-2018 at 05:10 PM..
darren_soh86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.