StarHub MaxInfinity Fiber Optic - Experience

leonaheidern

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If we need the Voice Telephony for starhub digital voice telephone

what are router / rg can we get after the 1 year warranty besides those offered by Starhub aka the Dlink and Huawei.

I scared after 1 year my Huawei ONT and Huawei HG256s up lorry Starhub dun want to help me fix.

seems like its easy to uplorry for the huawei hg256s. my colleague on M1 fibre said his uplorry and I view forums also like quite a few rma cases.

HeatoN

Reaction score
hi guys,
thinking of upgrading to maxinfinity, however, the fibre TP is installed at a different place from my cable TP.

issit possible to get SH to install a fibre TP at the same place of my current cable TP?
anyone have done this before?

or do i need to pay them to do it, or others to do it.. i heard its expansive..?

stilnox

Reaction score
hi guys,
thinking of upgrading to maxinfinity, however, the fibre TP is installed at a different place from my cable TP.

issit possible to get SH to install a fibre TP at the same place of my current cable TP?

or do i need to pay them to do it, or others to do it.. i heard its expansive..?

think have to pay.. since the TP is already installed.. and fiber is expensive. for now :(

habsters

Reaction score
hi guys,

Yes, you'll have to relocate your TP.
Depending on the final location of the TP, you'll be charged accordingly.
Call their hotline to ask...
Tel: 656-fibre

CanNik

Reaction score
relocation is not free and Starhub will not be the one charging you.

opennet will collect $220 from you for relocation of TP be it already installed or not.

MarkChenTW

Reaction score
relocation is not free and Starhub will not be the one charging you.

opennet will collect $220 from you for relocation of TP be it already installed or not.

there is a separate price for landed I think. and yea SH will just arrange with ON on your behalf.

ceecookie

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
ceecookie and canik, wanna ask if u had the problem occurs now at 11/4/12 10:32pm???

Yes, i had it at that exact timing(~10.31PM). Google loaded fine, but other websites failed to load.

Before that, had some issues loading pages(server not found) but it went away after refreshing

stilnox

Reaction score
Yes, i had it at that exact timing(~10.31PM). Google loaded fine, but other websites failed to load.

Before that, had some issues loading pages(server not found) but it went away after refreshing

great.. thats means all along i am facing this issue.. my wife had feedback to me before but i didnt really check.. cause it was like only few sec.. until i stump upon here look for alt. router.. do u mind update me/us, i still have to get SH to sent me the router and at the same time i can talk to them, once i get more info.. thanks you in advance..

p.s i strongly believe now, alot of ppl are facing this issue, perharps they dun know.. btw do u think issue is location based? i am in the west, bukit panjang area..

you were right, and i was wrong when i first comment that was router issue, as i was facing wireless problem too, and could not pinpoint well..

Last edited:

CanNik

Reaction score
great.. thats means all along i am facing this issue.. my wife had feedback to me before but i didnt really check.. cause it was like only few sec.. until i stump upon here look for alt. router.. do u mind update me/us, i still have to get SH to sent me the router and at the same time i can talk to them, once i get more info.. thanks you in advance..

p.s i strongly believe now, alot of ppl are facing this issue, perharps they dun know.. btw do u think issue is location based? i am in the west, bukit panjang area..

you were right, and i was wrong when i first comment that was router issue, as i was facing wireless problem too, and could not pinpoint well..

definitely not location based.
i am at south. harbourfront.

ceecookie

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

definitely not location based.
i am at south. harbourfront.

I'm within a kilometer from Bukit Panjang.

My suggestion if you want to capture the issue, is to use Hypercam v2 to record/screencast your PC & Firefox's addon ReloadEvery to refresh the page periodically.
The downside is that it obviously capture your web surfing unless you use another spare laptop/PC, and large space consumption. I set recording to 5fps, and file size for roughly 6 hours recording is alr 20GB

ceecookie

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Damn, severe one just happened from 10.58PM to 11.00PM.

Record long disruption to every websites

Last edited:

stilnox

Reaction score
I'm within a kilometer from Bukit Panjang.

My suggestion if you want to capture the issue, is to use Hypercam v2 to record/screencast your PC & Firefox's addon ReloadEvery to refresh the page periodically.
The downside is that it obviously capture your web surfing unless you use another spare laptop/PC, and large space consumption. I set recording to 5fps, and file size for roughly 6 hours recording is alr 20GB

thanks for the info.. will do so later once i gather enough info.. cause it very tedious to talk to SH and they dun understand.. so i hope to gather the info from both u and canik, so that ""hopefully"" they can understand me better.

stilnox

Reaction score
Damn, severe one just happened from 10.58PM to 11.00PM.

Record long disruption and every websites

will i didnt notice this one, cant recall what i was doing, but my wife just got kick out of FB games.. if there is more feedback, i think this is islandwide issue. wonder when will IDA step in wor...

p.s any idea is this just affect SH users???

Last edited:

ceecookie

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
will i didnt notice this one, cant recall what i was doing, but my wife just got kick out of FB games.. if there is more feedback, i think this is islandwide issue. wonder when will IDA step in wor...

I have pinpointed the issue to be affecting only HTTP traffic/Port 80, that is - any websites that is http://www.(website).com.

All HTTPS traffic (https://www)/Port 443 are unaffected and load properly. Facebook is HTTPS so it can load, BUT games on Facebook load data from HTTP so thats probably why your wife got kicked out of the game.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.