StarHub MaxInfinity Fiber Optic - Experience

panDaz

Reaction score
Anyone using D-Link N5402SP got Android wireless issue can try this settings:

Router webui > Advanced > Advanced Wireless > Advanced > DTIM Interval: 1

instead of 100.

it should solve your issue.

will appreciate if some mods could actually edit this in on post #3 of this thread.

Thank u. I think it worked. Connection haven't dropped since I changed the settings.

hammee

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Usually is the provided router prob. Change to asus router ok le that's for me

_m0r0n_

Master Member
Reaction score
older numbers are not able to port over...eg. my parents' number not able to port but mine can.
i would rather connect another modem than to use their router...but then again, if its free then i think no problem.

HearTs54

Reaction score
2026733306.png

omg i wann faint liao.... this 2 days keep getting this kind of speed.

currently on 100mpbs plan

HearTs54

Reaction score
i did a test on my iphone and ipad, both getting around 20-30 mbps but only on my desktop getting this crap speed, anyone know wats the issue? my wireless card? i using D-Link

Gribber

Banned
Reaction score
i did a test on my iphone and ipad, both getting around 20-30 mbps but only on my desktop getting this crap speed, anyone know wats the issue? my wireless card? i using D-Link

as mentioned umpteen amount of times before. Apple products are never accurate to test for your network speed.

If you really want to test it, do it on a PROPER platform.

HearTs54

Reaction score
Anyone know is those power transmitter good?? Does it really work alot better than wireless card?

AT

Reaction score
MAXinfinity router routing

Hi All,

Would like to get some views if the following network diagram makes sense. Going to upgrade my MOLExpress to fibre really soon, but would like to get feedback as to whether this will work. Especially the part where the RG connects to my own Dlink 655 router and there after the 655 will take over controlling the rest of the home network. Also, would I be able to use the RG's LAN port #2 to link up with another 8-port switch as in the diagram:
fibre-Netw-diag.jpg

Next thing would be; to connect to my TV's STB just need to plug in the RJ45 to the STB, instead of currently using coaxial cable to the coaxial port of the STB, correct?

thanks in advance.

Gribber

Banned
Reaction score
Hi All,

Would like to get some views if the following network diagram makes sense. Going to upgrade my MOLExpress to fibre really soon, but would like to get feedback as to whether this will work. Especially the part where the RG connects to my own Dlink 655 router and there after the 655 will take over controlling the rest of the home network. Also, would I be able to use the RG's LAN port #2 to link up with another 8-port switch as in the diagram:
fibre-Netw-diag.jpg

Next thing would be; to connect to my TV's STB just need to plug in the RJ45 to the STB, instead of currently using coaxial cable to the coaxial port of the STB, correct?

thanks in advance.

yes.

not that I know of.
my stb is still connected using coaxial :(

Last edited:

AT

Reaction score
yes.

not that I know of.
my stb is still connected using coaxial :(

Hi thanks

just to clarify your first two responses:

yes: my setup will work

not that I know of: port#2 of my RG cannot be connected to the Dlink 8-port switch

Gribber

Banned
Reaction score
Hi thanks

just to clarify your first two responses:

yes: my setup will work

not that I know of: port#2 of my RG cannot be connected to the Dlink 8-port switch

yes the rg can use all 4 ports.

edwin21

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi All,

fibre-Netw-diag.jpg

thanks in advance.

i think your internal ip address are wrong

and y do u need to connect ur STB to your home network? the ethernet port on ur STB is meant for PC to connect to internet, you can't have the same subnet on both wan and lan on ur dlink 655, why not connect ur RG port1 to ur dlink port 4 and configure ur other router as AP mode, so all ur device can communicate on the same subnet

AT

Reaction score
i think your internal ip address are wrong

and y do u need to connect ur STB to your home network? the ethernet port on ur STB is meant for PC to connect to internet, you can't have the same subnet on both wan and lan on ur dlink 655, why not connect ur RG port1 to ur dlink port 4 and configure ur other router as AP mode, so all ur device can communicate on the same subnet

Thanks for your inputs.

I thought that for those smart LCD TV they connect via RJ45? Perhaps I am mistaken.

So If I were to leave out the connections to the TV's STB my network is sound.

cheers

Kiwi8

Honorary Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Actually, for some of the STB, the ethernet port on it is not to provide internet connection, but to connect an internet connection to the STB.

There are some StarHub services that can be done on the STB, like SMS, etc. It's like a smart TV, except with very limited functions.

edwin21

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thanks for your inputs.

I thought that for those smart LCD TV they connect via RJ45? Perhaps I am mistaken.

So If I were to leave out the connections to the TV's STB my network is sound.

cheers

ur STB is the starhub cable tv set top box or smart tv?

the general term of reference of STB is the starhub cable Set Top Box

of cos smart tv, eg those LCD tv with ethernet port, is connect to ur home network

AT

Reaction score
ur STB is the starhub cable tv set top box or smart tv?

the general term of reference of STB is the starhub cable Set Top Box

of cos smart tv, eg those LCD tv with ethernet port, is connect to ur home network

My bad mixed up the terms, I meant smart TVs.

So as it stands my config should be okay right?

TIA

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.