HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Starhub Maxinfinity internet service down! WTF.

Like Tree2Likes
Share This Page
HardwareZone.com on Facebook

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-07-2011, 05:33 PM   #1

Thumbs down Starhub Maxinfinity internet service down! WTF.

I'm really pissed and frustrated now. The internet link has been down for almost 24 hours already.

Called them more than 3 times today. Keep saying they'll get the MaxInfinity team to call me back within 2 hours. No calls at all. Zero.

This is really unproductive. I work from home and I can't get any proper work done the whole day. End up need to use 3G to connect. Why should I need to use my iPhone to go online when i'm at home? This is really absurd.

Something is seriously wrong at Starhub. Since last week, the internet speeds for international sites have been seriously erratic. Suddenly everything was super slow. Sometimes cannot even resolve the site at all. Go to speedtest.net sometimes cannot even load the site properly, but when using iPhone got no problems loading.

Anyone experiencing problems?
omnilancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 08:47 PM   #2
Banned

Thumbs up

I'm really pissed and frustrated now. The internet link has been down for almost 24 hours already.

Called them more than 3 times today. Keep saying they'll get the MaxInfinity team to call me back within 2 hours. No calls at all. Zero.

This is really unproductive. I work from home and I can't get any proper work done the whole day. End up need to use 3G to connect. Why should I need to use my iPhone to go online when i'm at home? This is really absurd.

Something is seriously wrong at Starhub. Since last week, the internet speeds for international sites have been seriously erratic. Suddenly everything was super slow. Sometimes cannot even resolve the site at all. Go to speedtest.net sometimes cannot even load the site properly, but when using iPhone got no problems loading.

i am still online. what does that shows?
MarineX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 08:55 PM   #3
Supremacy Member

i am still online. what does that shows?
lol
SmallWalrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 09:25 PM   #4
Supremacy Member

You blame starhub, why don't you blame opennet/ NC? Fiber infra is not owned by them. What a joke.
When you say down, is the internet light red or not. You don't even bother to post some status on what's happening to your RG/ ONT. Instead just directly post here and just say bad about starhub. Fiber is not like cable which is starhub owned, which starhub ownself can easily isolate and fix the problem.
iPad mini 4G and iPad mini wifi
Nokia X5
Samsung Galaxy Ace
Samsung Note II[/SIZE]

[URL=http://www.fuelly.com/driver/donme/saga][IMG]http://badges.fuelly.com/images/smallsig-metric2/208350.png[/IMG][/URL]
whaleshark87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 09:36 PM   #5
Banned

You blame starhub, why don't you blame opennet/ NC? Fiber infra is not owned by them. What a joke.
When you say down, is the internet light red or not. You don't even bother to post some status on what's happening to your RG/ ONT. Instead just directly post here and just say bad about starhub. Fiber is not like cable which is starhub owned, which starhub ownself can easily isolate and fix the problem.
pwned dip dip
MarineX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 09:38 PM   #6

Lmao, I'm using Maxinfinity. Have not had any downtime for months.
strikeforcez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 10:23 PM   #7

I think I never experienced any downtime either.

But...... intermittent page load issues: quite often, especially for images. Not to mention the recent slowness...

And yeah, their tech support sucks. Always promise to return calls within 24 hours and will not call for days.
continuum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 10:59 PM   #8

Well, thanks for clearing it up. I didn't know that the Fibre network is not owned by Starhub or any of the ISPs.

I'm not exactly a tech noob. Self diagnosis is something basic, so I didn't bother posting it in. ONT link light blinking. RG internet light red. Immediately did reboot, but still not working. Did a hard reset to the RG to no avail. The RG control panel under device status indicates WAN networking "connecting".

Anyway, the MaxInfinity tech guy finally called at 6pm, after waiting an entire day. Asked me to do the same as the above. In the end couldn't resolve still. Say will call me back again.

Second guy called back at 8pm to say they will send an engineer to come and fix the problem. But still they have to call back again to schedule appointment.

I don't understand why there the Maxinfinity support team is not on direct phone support. Have to wait for them to call you back, which is really frustrating...
Old 11-07-2011, 11:36 PM   #9

Customer gets bill from Starhub every month and pays Starhub every month.

Internet breaks down.

Should customer blame Opennet? Isn't Opennet issues really Starhub's problem not the customer's problem?
NineNineNine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 07:48 AM   #10
Supremacy Member

Well, thanks for clearing it up. I didn't know that the Fibre network is not owned by Starhub or any of the ISPs.

I'm not exactly a tech noob. Self diagnosis is something basic, so I didn't bother posting it in. ONT link light blinking. RG internet light red. Immediately did reboot, but still not working. Did a hard reset to the RG to no avail. The RG control panel under device status indicates WAN networking "connecting".

Anyway, the MaxInfinity tech guy finally called at 6pm, after waiting an entire day. Asked me to do the same as the above. In the end couldn't resolve still. Say will call me back again.

Second guy called back at 8pm to say they will send an engineer to come and fix the problem. But still they have to call back again to schedule appointment.

I don't understand why there the Maxinfinity support team is not on direct phone support. Have to wait for them to call you back, which is really frustrating...
Because starhub is still unable to form up a team of engineers for the maxinfinity service. Internet light red it could be NC problem already, possible they accidentally deleted your ONT information on their servers.

Customer gets bill from Starhub every month and pays Starhub every month.

Internet breaks down.

Should customer blame Opennet? Isn't Opennet issues really Starhub's problem not the customer's problem?
SO when your power break down you call SP Services because you pay bills to them? or call SP powergrid?

Opennet issue is opennet issue. Nothing that the ISP can do because infra is not theirs.
Nokia X5
Samsung Galaxy Ace
Samsung Note II[/SIZE]

[URL=http://www.fuelly.com/driver/donme/saga][IMG]http://badges.fuelly.com/images/smallsig-metric2/208350.png[/IMG][/URL]
Old 12-07-2011, 07:59 AM   #11

Poor example, both SP.

Try again.
You go K*C, you buy fried chicken, you pay K*C for the fried chicken.
You get fried rat instead.
You blame K*C or their contractor who supplied the chicken?
NineNineNine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 08:03 AM   #12
Supremacy Member

Poor example, both SP.

Try again.
You go K*C, you buy fried chicken, you pay K*C for the fried chicken.
You get fried rat instead.
You blame K*C or their contractor who supplied the chicken?
Totally doesn't link, and you are out of topic.
Nokia X5
Samsung Galaxy Ace
Samsung Note II[/SIZE]

Old 12-07-2011, 08:30 AM   #13

I think NineNineNine is not out of topic in fact I would agree with him, topic is 'Starhub Maxinfinity internet service down! WTF.' Which is right on the money in fact. Opennet is not.

Consumers should complain to the Service Provider they pay money to. This is basis of subscriber service provider relationship, Opennet is the service provider of the Telcos (M1/SingTel/Starhub) but they are not the service provider to the users.
2ulkifli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 08:59 AM   #14

Exactly. ISPs are ultimately responsible for the end user quality of service. They take customers money for providing the service, so they better be responsible for the quality of the service. It's not right for them to push the blame to their sub contractor.

How is the customer supposed to know that ISPs are riding on OpenNet service anyway? I didn't know that until now, and i'm sure the majority don't. We only direct blame to who we're paying the money to.

Unless in future we see Starhub put a fine print in their advertisement. Like:

NOTE: INTERNET INFRASTRUCTURE PROVIDED BY OPENNET AND NOT BY STARHUB. ALL PROBLEMS ARE THEREFORE NOT OUR RESPONSIBILITY.

Doesn't make sense right?
Old 12-07-2011, 09:00 AM   #15

If you are on a business trip and stay in a hotel, but they charge you extra $20 for in room internet service. After a few days the internet breaks down, first thing you do is call the reception and demand them to fix it. It doesn't matter at this point if they're using another IT subcontractor to provide the service. It's not your problem, it's the Hotel's.

And the Hotel receptionist apologetically say they'll get the tech guy to call you back in 2 hours. No call. You keep calling the Hotel reception back, no use. You have to wait an entire day for the tech support to call you back. Even then problem not solved.

Nevermind that they'll refund you your $20 for that day. They can't refund you the time you spent waiting in the hotel room for the internet to come back up. You couldn't get any work done the entire day. They can't compensate you for lost productivity.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.