HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Upgrading from Starhub MaxOnline Premium to MaxInfinity Ultimate Question

Share This Page
HardwareZone.com on Facebook

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 16-06-2011, 07:40 PM   #1

Upgrading from Starhub MaxOnline Premium to MaxInfinity Ultimate Question

Ok, OpenNet has come to my area (finally) to install this fiber optic network. So, I was looking through the plans and comparing my current plan (MaxOnline Premium) to the MaxInfinity plans and I realise something: My current plan has a higher international bandwidth (18mbps) than MaxInfinity Ultimate, which has an international bandwidth of 15mbps. I upload a lot on Youtube and download a lot as well. I also do some gaming every now and then. Will the international bandwidth difference affect me?
Kelvin1996 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-2011, 08:08 PM   #2
Banned

Ok, OpenNet has come to my area (finally) to install this fiber optic network. So, I was looking through the plans and comparing my current plan (MaxOnline Premium) to the MaxInfinity plans and I realise something: My current plan has a higher international bandwidth (18mbps) than MaxInfinity Ultimate, which has an international bandwidth of 15mbps. I upload a lot on Youtube and download a lot as well. I also do some gaming every now and then. Will the international bandwidth difference affect me?
hmm.. maybe yes maybe not.

since you already have infinity, used it, experienced it and ask yourself does it affect you la.

we will never understand your usage pattern likewise you won't understand ours.
MarineX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-2011, 08:22 PM   #3
Master Member

and.. I think you have to wait a few months after they install the fibre optic network before applying for fibre plans.
Modd-36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-2011, 08:35 PM   #4

If your place is fibre ready, it's really worth to take a look at the maxinfinity.

Let's do a comparison with 50Mbps plan since same price:
Maxonline Premium $56.92, DL 30Mbps, UL 2Mbps, International 18Mbps
Maxinfinity Premium $56.92, DL 50Mbps, UL 25Mbps, International 15Mbps

If you upload a lot, the 25Mbps (capped 15Mbps for international) vs 2 Mbps will make a lot of difference. Plus, with promotion, you might be paying cheaper than cable. So, you pay less for better speed and more stable internet connections. Even without promo, you paying same $56.92 rite? Oh ya, M1 claimed they dun hv cap for international.

Abt the 15Mbps international speed, I dunno how it works. I'm on 100Mbps plan, this is the result i get for international:

I'm previously on Maxonline Express 16Mbps, sometimes speed drop below 10Mbps during peak hour. Called Starhub and was told they only can promise at least 10Mbps during peak hour. Plus frequent noise issue. Tht really turn me off. Now paying $10 extra for fibre and will never look bk.

Last edited by blueangels; 16-06-2011 at 08:55 PM..
blueangels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-2011, 04:22 PM   #5

Smile

Seems a vast improvement over Maxonline Express.Did SH offer u any promo for upgrade to fiber?
Old 17-06-2011, 04:39 PM   #6

I'm on 100Mbps plan, this is the result i get for international:

Bloody hell...
TDHtCaS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-2011, 05:17 PM   #7

Seems a vast improvement over Maxonline Express.Did SH offer u any promo for upgrade to fiber?
Actually the offer was the same as new sign-up. Mayb should call them to gv me 3000pts...

My plan is $62.06 with 3 months free. So average $54.30 a month (cheaper than Maxonline Premium). But tht time when I sign up, 50Mbps plan still not out yet.

Bloody hell...
Speed close to 100Mbps is only achievable via direct cable connections. Using wifi (with HG256) i only get half the speed. Din know about this until after the installation. Coz frm the router shows connection speed of 130Mbps. Logically should be able to support 100Mbps rite? But in real world it doesn't work tht way.

Last edited by blueangels; 17-06-2011 at 11:04 PM..
Old 17-06-2011, 06:18 PM   #8
High Supremacy Member

Turn off your firewall / internet security software.
One look you should know its inaccurate.
liangtam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-2011, 07:01 PM   #9
Master Member

i think after install, you need to wait for the a letter to tell u that you can sign up fibre optics..
lzr1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-06-2011, 02:29 AM   #10

Turn off your firewall / internet security software.
One look you should know its inaccurate.
u mean turn off those prog will make the speed even faster?
Old 18-06-2011, 02:32 AM   #11
Banned

u mean turn off those prog will make the speed even faster?
nope.

what he meant was

turn it off to get a more accurate readings.

the above readings are not accurate.
MarineX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-06-2011, 03:19 PM   #12
Master Member

i changed to MaxInfinity Ultimate this morning but i couldnt get into twitter.com and i keep getting kicked out of msn... anyone had this problem?
babystitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-06-2011, 05:45 PM   #13
Arch-Supremacy Member

i changed to MaxInfinity Ultimate this morning but i couldnt get into twitter.com and i keep getting kicked out of msn... anyone had this problem?
starhub just now got problem mah even maxonline affected.
now should be ok le.
naruto13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-06-2011, 06:24 PM   #14
Master Member

If your place is fibre ready, it's really worth to take a look at the maxinfinity.

Let's do a comparison with 50Mbps plan since same price:
Maxonline Premium $56.92, DL 30Mbps, UL 2Mbps, International 18Mbps
Maxinfinity Premium $56.92, DL 50Mbps, UL 25Mbps, International 15Mbps

If you upload a lot, the 25Mbps (capped 15Mbps for international) vs 2 Mbps will make a lot of difference. Plus, with promotion, you might be paying cheaper than cable. So, you pay less for better speed and more stable internet connections. Even without promo, you paying same $56.92 rite? Oh ya, M1 claimed they dun hv cap for international.

Abt the 15Mbps international speed, I dunno how it works. I'm on 100Mbps plan, this is the result i get for international:

I'm previously on Maxonline Express 16Mbps, sometimes speed drop below 10Mbps during peak hour. Called Starhub and was told they only can promise at least 10Mbps during peak hour. Plus frequent noise issue. Tht really turn me off. Now paying $10 extra for fibre and will never look bk.
Starhub servers are known to cache speedtest files. Not accurate.

Test on something real.
Old 18-06-2011, 07:58 PM   #15

Starhub servers are known to cache speedtest files. Not accurate.

Test on something real.
How to test on something real? Can point me to the correct direction? thanks!
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.