ViewQwest Fiber Broadband Official Thread - Part 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

sigur_ros

Reaction score
Viewqwest needs to improve the freedom DNS service, I am getting a better connection to China streaming services using Google DNS. Does it even make sense?

Makes zero sense. ludricrous for consumers to be paying for freedom DNS imho, as an "add-on".

viewqwest

Featured Sponsor for Internet Bandwidth & Networki
Reaction score
VQ is getting ridiculous can't even solve simple things which they could in the past...

My guest SSID no longer works ever since the network outage a few days ago...I think they did some reconfiguration manually...

In the past, a simple call to the technical support and they got my guest SSID to work immediately. Now, after on phone for 1 and half hour, still unable to solve it, yet still tell me they will call back tomorrow as their other technician had went home...how is this acceptable?

Also, another annoying things is that they love to change my plan to a 1Gbps plan even though I am paying for 2Gbps evertime after a network outage..:( Had to keep sending emails/call to get them change back my profile...argh...

I am now stuck with 1Gbps profile again and I am getting sick of sending emails/calling in already...

Hi omelet,

Can you PM me your details so that i can take a look.

Thanks
JasonTJ

Anyone facing issues now? East side Tampines.. No connectivity.. Zzz

Hi Tessina,

No issue with islandwide network. If you are facing problem kindly send me a PM.

Thanks
JasonTJ

franstam

Reaction score
Few years ago when i signed up, VQ offered a "Bandwidth Monitoring Web Portal" at http://mrtg.viewqwest.com/cacti/

What happened to it?

according to one of the staff, it was taken down as it didnt have many users and it caused cpu spikes on their router and switches as it constantly polled them for info at some frequency.

not entirely certain on this, i lost the info on this already.
maybe some staff can confirm this.

on another note can other bridge mode users confirm that their wifi LED on zhone router would light up upon zhone bootup/reboot even though they on bridge mode?

shadow84

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
@viewqwest, i received an email on recontract and it shows $88 rebate on 13th month. How does that work? For both monthly payment and annual payment?

htngwilliam

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
VQ is getting ridiculous can't even solve simple things which they could in the past...

My guest SSID no longer works ever since the network outage a few days ago...I think they did some reconfiguration manually...

In the past, a simple call to the technical support and they got my guest SSID to work immediately. Now, after on phone for 1 and half hour, still unable to solve it, yet still tell me they will call back tomorrow as their other technician had went home...how is this acceptable?

Also, another annoying things is that they love to change my plan to a 1Gbps plan even though I am paying for 2Gbps evertime after a network outage..:( Had to keep sending emails/call to get them change back my profile...argh...

I am now stuck with 1Gbps profile again and I am getting sick of sending emails/calling in already...

Move on. Things won't improve.

deathblade82

Reaction score
on another note can other bridge mode users confirm that their wifi LED on zhone router would light up upon zhone bootup/reboot even though they on bridge mode?

I also experience this even not on bridge mode. The WIFI LED is still lit-on even I disable in user mode. Have to ask NOC to turn it off using admin mode then the LED is off. I supposed this a minor bug, already feedback to them on this.

Ultravox

Reaction score
Anyone can't access PayPal with the following message appearing on screen?:
You don't have permission to access "http://www.paypal.com/" on this server.

No problem with 3G/4G

ralliart12

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone can't access PayPal with the following message appearing on screen?:
You don't have permission to access "http://www.paypal.com/" on this server.

No problem with 3G/4G

Working fine for me (desktop browser).

tidus792

Master Member
Reaction score
Can somebody please look into getting my request for bridge mode configured correctly? If that cannot be done I'll revert back to the default routing mode so I can have some Internet access.

I had last requested for this change on Friday night only to discover the configuration is lost upon a power cycle (I'm no longer able to obtain an IP post power cycle) and I'm left without Internet access on Saturday morning.

When I had called in, I was told it was due to a scheduled maintenance in my area and the issue got resolved an hour later.

I'm facing the same issue again on Sunday morning. Nobody had answered the hotline. Can somebody look into why I can no longer obtain any IP and provide a more persistent solution?

viewqwest

Featured Sponsor for Internet Bandwidth & Networki
Reaction score
Can somebody please look into getting my request for bridge mode configured correctly? If that cannot be done I'll revert back to the default routing mode so I can have some Internet access.

I had last requested for this change on Friday night only to discover the configuration is lost upon a power cycle (I'm no longer able to obtain an IP post power cycle) and I'm left without Internet access on Saturday morning.

When I had called in, I was told it was due to a scheduled maintenance in my area and the issue got resolved an hour later.

I'm facing the same issue again on Sunday morning. Nobody had answered the hotline. Can somebody look into why I can no longer obtain any IP and provide a more persistent solution?

Hi Tidus792,

Can you help me to check on your lan cable connected from the modem to your router.

Try to replug the cable again if it still doesn't work try to switch to another lan cable as right now i am not detecting anything connected to your modem Ethernet port.

For brouted and bridge mode your router configuration also will be different.

If you still face any issue kindly send me a PM.

Thanks
JasonTJ

tidus792

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi Tidus792,

Can you help me to check on your lan cable connected from the modem to your router.

Try to replug the cable again if it still doesn't work try to switch to another lan cable as right now i am not detecting anything connected to your modem Ethernet port.

For brouted and bridge mode your router configuration also will be different.

If you still face any issue kindly send me a PM.

Thanks
JasonTJ
There wasn't anything connected because I've plugged the router into another connection and couldn't wait for VQ to fix it (been 12 hours+ since).

I'll plug something into it now.

Edit: Checked that I'm able to obtain an IP. Hopefully 3rd time lucky.

Last edited:

lewis_wong

Reaction score
Hmmmm bad luck started this morning. My zphone is down since morning. No power led and etc light up at all. Called VQ Technical Hotline and they said will get back to me after they check with the schedule... Looks like will have problem working from home tomorrow since I don't think they will get back to me today since it is weekend....

Sent from HTC 10 using GAGT

sadboy

Master Member
Reaction score
Hmmmm bad luck started this morning. My zphone is down since morning. No power led and etc light up at all. Called VQ Technical Hotline and they said will get back to me after they check with the schedule... Looks like will have problem working from home tomorrow since I don't think they will get back to me today since it is weekend....

Sent from HTC 10 using GAGT

Tml morning better call to follow up. maybe 17 Jan can get a tech on site. else 18 onwards liao.

How long is your device?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.