ViewQwest Fiber Broadband Official Thread - Part 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Esper.

Reaction score
Pioneer batch here too, still using the same old zhone modem wasn't offered a change even after recontracting too

My internet still having issue today is the 7th day liao, they migrate/upgrade hardware cause the router to not function? That's new they haven told me this issue yet and offer to change modem

They only keep say will get back to me, but no email no call to provide updates at all

Last edited:

AC2

Reaction score
The tech will call or email u to arrange an appt to change the router for u. If that is the issue causing your problem. My zhone router is having 0 connection during the first day of the migration. 2nd day they came down to change to linkstar and network is up and running again.

Esper.

Reaction score
My case is there is a connection, I can ping Google and such with just 2ms, but somehow it takes forever to load just the base html of the webpage with no content at all, then they just keep tell me restart modem every day i am sure it's not my network card problem as even wifi and another computer is the same

vickigoh

Reaction score
Bcos of the single gigabit ethernet port. 2Gb is achievable only thru LAN teaming or a single 10Gb port.

Oh..i see if use Asus RT-ac88u router which has 2 gigabit WAN ports ..so possible to get 2GB download speed? or need do Link aggregation?

what do you mean by LAN teaming?

AC2

Reaction score
Esper , maybe u can try using google dns. U can set that on your router unless u can using vpn

Esper.

Reaction score
Esper , maybe u can try using google dns. U can set that on your router unless u can using vpn

I tried Google DNS already still the same, that's why at this point from my side of the house I already did what I can, one of their tech told me is a issue at their back end side but well till now not yet solve

Last edited:

vickigoh

Reaction score
My case is there is a connection, I can ping Google and such with just 2ms, but somehow it takes forever to load just the base html of the webpage with no content at all, then they just keep tell me restart modem every day i am sure it's not my network card problem as even wifi and another computer is the same

maybe you can try renew IP ..i used to have this problem too when i move into new house. Can surf but load very slow and also content never come out.

Then i read some articles that said try release and renew IP.

http://www.tp-link.com/en/faq-840.html

Esper.

Reaction score
maybe you can try renew IP ..i used to have this problem too when i move into new house. Can surf but load very slow and also content never come out.

Then i read some articles that said try release and renew IP.

http://www.tp-link.com/en/faq-840.html

Tried that too
flushdns
release
renew process

At this point I think is the zhone issue hope they come change it

Last edited:

Esper.

Reaction score
erm..maybe you need to get them to change modem if u tried all ways.

if direct connect from ONT to your pc? still same problem?

Yea direct connection as my is the first edition of zhone

Yea well maybe I will call then again tmr or something getting very sick and tired liao

erickyan

Reaction score
Tried that too
flushdns
release
renew process

At this point I think is the zhone issue hope they come change it
On that particular device only or all other devices are having the same issue?
Because constant 2ms from google reply is very good.
Few things to check, end device is not malfunctioning; no block/limit of http/ssl request; router configuration(no mac denying/cloning).
Hope this helps

Esper.

Reaction score
On that particular device only or all other devices are having the same issue?
Because constant 2ms from google reply is very good.
Few things to check, end device is not malfunctioning; no block/limit of http/ssl request; router configuration(no mac denying/cloning).
Hope this helps

It's the same in all 4 mobile device and 2 PC

Html/SSL request no timeout or block it just continue to try to load the webpage after 5min it will just load the base code only

No restrictionson to MAC address

The zhone is currently on factory setting I have check all device ip to make sure no conflict too

And for the ping to google is every 4 to 5 reply or less will have timeout some time a few timeout in a row

Last edited:

KalTorak

Reaction score
It's the same in all 4 mobile device and 2 PC

Html/SSL request no timeout or block it just continue to try to load the webpage after 5min it will just load the base code only

No restrictionson to MAC address

The zhone is currently on factory setting I have check all device ip to make sure no conflict too

And for the ping to google is every 4 to 5 reply or less will have timeout some time a few timeout in a row

That seems to be packet loss issue. Are you on wired or wifi?

Try direct wired connection, PC to Zhone ont and use pathping (command in Windows) or WinMTR to determine the node or device causing the issue.

Sent from Xiaomi MI MAX using GAGT

KalTorak

Reaction score
Aggregate 2 or more LAN ports to act as one physical port.

AC88U got 2 WAN ports meh ?

https://www.asus.com/sg/Networking/RT-AC88U/specifications/

The AC88U has 1 WAN and 8 LAN ports. 1 of the first 4 LAN ports can be configured to be the secondary WAN, to enable dual WAN setup. But this is only for fail-over and load balance.

I think Link Aggregation only works on the LAN ports, not on the WAN side so you can't get 2Gbps-to-1PC setup on this router.

Sent from Xiaomi MI MAX using GAGT

snakey256

Reaction score
yes. per checked AC88U got fail over feature. this means that you subscribe 2 ISP and in the event 1 fail, it will switch over.

vickigoh

Reaction score
Btw for the 2Gb plan .. how can we use the full 2gb download speed if 1 lan port give max 1gb only?

Abit confuse as i am thinking to get 2gb single network or 1+1 plan as i have a computer and TV box in my room + my brother room + living room. If 1 +1 plan i can give 1gb to my room and 1gb for my brother and living room.

http://viewqwest.com/vqlp/2gbps-faq/index.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.