Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

ViewQwest Fiber Broadband Official Thread - Part 5

Like Tree583Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-12-2017, 12:07 PM   #5881
Arch-Supremacy Member

Called them ask again but good luck on your connection

Anyone from VQ is here?

When I signed up my contract 2 years ago one of the condition of the promotion was that I will get one free relocation and charges are waived.

I am moving apartments end of Dec and VQ's reps are telling me that I have to pay relocation charge.

Anyone from VQ - you have a chance to retain customer if you make that relocation without charge.
DeadmanINC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2017, 12:13 PM   #5882

Vq anonymous already. Don't wanna reply email or follow up. Been weeks on a single issue.
physistry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2017, 12:17 PM   #5883
High Supremacy Member

Anyone from VQ is here?

When I signed up my contract 2 years ago one of the condition of the promotion was that I will get one free relocation and charges are waived.

I am moving apartments end of Dec and VQ's reps are telling me that I have to pay relocation charge.

Anyone from VQ - you have a chance to retain customer if you make that relocation without charge.
Was it stated or written on your contract?? If dun have, you have low chance to win this case. Perhaps the salesperson that attended to you that time gave fake promises so that you will sign.

AFAIK, these will incur big costs so nt easy to waive off.
shadow84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2017, 12:53 PM   #5884
Arch-Supremacy Member

same called up wait for ages knn

Vq anonymous already. Don't wanna reply email or follow up. Been weeks on a single issue.
Old 07-12-2017, 01:13 PM   #5885
Master Member

There is only one case so far have relocation fee waive is because the subscriber is out of contract. If you are not under this category, think the chance is very slim.

Sent from Samsung SM-G930F using GAGT
tungsten2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2017, 01:24 PM   #5886

Anyone from VQ is here?

IF this is not listed on the T&C i believe you would have to pay for the relocation.

Otherwise they would suggest that

1. sign another 2 years and get the new line activated at the new location (not sure if this would happen).

BTW you may need to pay disconnection fee if you choose to leave VQ.
Apex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2017, 05:08 PM   #5887

Anyone from VQ is here?

Sorry to tell you but highly unlikely youll get that waiver. Not from this useless crap company anyways. Id suggest you change provider as soon as you can.
^Tripper^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2017, 06:19 PM   #5888
Arch-Supremacy Member

first tell me vpn now said maybe fiber cable wtf vq goodbye january
Old 07-12-2017, 06:27 PM   #5889

@franstam I think bulk of the issue here is the download speed we are getting when we are downloading directly from file hosts sites.

Not much to do with speed test results from ookla. What seems to be 80-90MBps becomes 80KBps download. This is of coz unreasonable and has to be addressed. To which, they are not doing much. As such, when this prompted us to terminate, we are then notified of disconnection fee. One by one will be pek chek
Speedtest is pretty ok for me like many others.

However, there is really something wrong with VQ routing to services in Europe. These include e.g. Uploaded.to file hosting site. I'm using 3rd party VPN and when I connect to their HK servers the download speed increases 10x and when disconnected it drops to crawling speed.

Anyone know any easy method to do traceroute to individual files in different filehosting services? Behind the link there are different servers but at least JDownloader 2 does not show the actual remote host info which is required for traceroute.
peter_tee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2017, 07:23 PM   #5890

Speedtest is pretty ok for me like many others.

However, there is really something wrong with VQ routing to services in Europe. These include e.g. Uploaded.to file hosting site. I'm using 3rd party VPN and when I connect to their HK servers the download speed increases 10x and when disconnected it drops to crawling speed.

Anyone know any easy method to do traceroute to individual files in different filehosting services? Behind the link there are different servers but at least JDownloader 2 does not show the actual remote host info which is required for traceroute.
Yeap, same for me.

Speedtest no issue. But real download speed to filesharing sites is crawling worst than 56KBps adsl days. And guess what the tech told me? If speedtest is okay, means nothing wrong. This is true to an extent.

Sent them the traceroute - "working" on it. Called me back days later, and remote control my PC from wherever they are based. Then run speedtest again - say speed not an issue.

- Says im not on wired (which i am on wired connection
- blames file hosting sites (but i told them the download affects EVERY major sites as well).
- advise me to use different download manager and not IDM (did that via remote access but still don't believe it's their issue).

Just did another test: General Failure

Regardless, I don't see any attempt to resolve the latency / download issues we are facing.

Last edited by physistry; 07-12-2017 at 07:26 PM..
physistry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2017, 10:27 PM   #5891
Supremacy Member

Ok this is weird. I get both these readings:

The one above.
The one below.

1. First thing in the morning, my PC gets 900Mb/s
2. If I turn on my phone Wifi, my PC gets 200+Mb/s
3. Turn off phone Wifi, my PC still only gets 200+ Mb/s
4. Firefox, Chrome, IE all check out the same phenomenon

Router issue? My setup is currently

Zhone ==> Asus AC66U ==> PC
Troubleshooted every setting, updated router Firmware, did factory reset etc.

Can only conclude that it's a hardware issue. Since router is a few years old, time to go shopping again........
Phrajile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2017, 11:47 PM   #5892
Arch-Supremacy Member

Regardless, I don't see any attempt to resolve the latency / download issues we are facing.
I don’t understand these support people. If you have 10 knowledgeable users who has the same issue (ie slow downloads from Europe or file sharing hosts), how can you even think it is an individual person issue and not a systematic issue.

I will fire my support team if they ever said that to my users.
franstam likes this.
civicguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2017, 08:46 AM   #5893
Supremacy Member

I don’t understand these support people. If you have 10 knowledgeable users who has the same issue (ie slow downloads from Europe or file sharing hosts), how can you even think it is an individual person issue and not a systematic issue.

If I'm VQ boss, I'll keep them and give them a bonus. Ignore all problems and claim all is well. Cut cost, don't invest in infra, don't maintain networking assets, minimal invest, maximum sign ups, superb profits.

Why actually spend money in being the best ISP when I can just have more cash for myself by being as rubbish (if not rubbisher) as traffic light ISPs?

Hence all the rubbish service, rubbish billing, rubbish support, rubbish tech, rubbish speeds
Ark Law is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2017, 09:14 AM   #5894

I dont understand these support people. If you have 10 knowledgeable users who has the same issue (ie slow downloads from Europe or file sharing hosts), how can you even think it is an individual person issue and not a systematic issue.

They know about the issue. They just cant do anything about it probably due to incompetence
dryteletubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2017, 10:29 AM   #5895
Arch-Supremacy Member

Is it better this morning ? For me slightly better download speeds from Europe.
civicguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.