HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

ViewQwest Fiber Broadband Official Thread - Part 5

Like Tree1509Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-01-2018, 03:05 AM   #6106

I'm also having the same dilemma. It's okay now, but what if it starts giving me problems one day and I'm still on contract? Should I stay or switch first before things start going south? Sigh...
If VQ has a 500mbps plan at around $30 or less monthly, I don't mind renewing at such a price PLUS signing up with M1 when they have their 500mbps plan promo.

Then get a router capable of bandwidth aggregation and connect wifi router to it. Like that should be able to get redundancy for ISP downtime.
iosnewbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2018, 04:41 AM   #6107

If VQ has a 500mbps plan at around $30 or less monthly, I don't mind renewing at such a price PLUS signing up with M1 when they have their 500mbps plan promo.

Then get a router capable of bandwidth aggregation and connect wifi router to it. Like that should be able to get redundancy for ISP downtime.
If you are planning to go with 2 isp, why bother with VQ? Might as well go with any other isp.

Doesn’t make sense to subscribe to a failing isp and then expect the other to work.
Untamed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2018, 04:43 AM   #6108

I stay in Seng Kang, have been with VQ for several months. No issue at all.
Perhaps it's because I dont use FreedomDNS for US Netflix, or any other value-added services?
You are very blessed. Im at the same area and was constantly bugged by outage and end up I pay to give up the contract.
Untamed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2018, 10:10 AM   #6109

Bukit Batok also ok. Being with vq for 1 year plus. No downtime
jianhui1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2018, 04:25 PM   #6110
Arch-Supremacy Member

I stay in Seng Kang, have been with VQ for several months. No issue at all.
Perhaps it's because I dont use FreedomDNS for US Netflix, or any other value-added services?
No issues yes. But speed wise, it isnt as consistently fast as before. My wild Guess is that they either dont have enough bandwidth capacity or throttles or some kind of submarine cable problems.
dqwong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2018, 12:20 AM   #6111

No issues yes. But speed wise, it isnt as consistently fast as before. My wild Guess is that they either dont have enough bandwidth capacity or throttles or some kind of submarine cable problems.
Their submarine cable problems are Bs. Why only them? Other isp all no issue
jackycar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2018, 12:48 AM   #6112
Arch-Supremacy Member

You are very blessed. Im at the same area and was constantly bugged by outage and end up I pay to give up the contract.
Do you have value-added services in your VQ plan?
alanchia67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2018, 12:29 PM   #6113
High Supremacy Member

Their submarine cable problems are Bs. Why only them? Other isp all no issue
And why only they have issues with AMK exchange?
derrickgoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2018, 02:07 PM   #6114

until now , i still cannot complete a fecking download from rapidgator.

this is a joke.

going to switch coy once contract is up mid 2018.
Mr.Dohz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2018, 02:13 PM   #6115
Arch-Supremacy Member

until now , i still cannot complete a fecking download from rapidgator.

this is a joke.

going to switch coy once contract is up mid 2018.
Whoa.. ok that sux.. no wonder they are always trying to entice subscribers with a lower lump sum subscription fee

Sent from 白イヌめブコロス using GAGT
Just Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2018, 02:26 PM   #6116

Whoa.. ok that sux.. no wonder they are always trying to entice subscribers with a lower lump sum subscription fee

Sent from 白イヌめブコロス using GAGT
Yup cause they're crap, and they're becoming worse as u can see
jackycar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2018, 11:22 AM   #6117
Arch-Supremacy Member

anyone watching HULU?
the vpn not working, getting err abt the show only available in US
sevensomerset is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2018, 06:20 PM   #6118

anyone watching HULU?
the vpn not working, getting err abt the show only available in US
23 December 2017 at 01:49
[4 Jan] Update: The exact location of the subsea faults via the Guam and Japan peering lines are confirmed by the respective providers. Pending final permit approvals and weather conditions, the providers will be fixing the dedicated line end Jan.

Our temporary workaround through an alternative line will be of a lowered quality. For those that are not able to access certain sites, do let our TechSupport team know the specific sites. (Popular requests like crunchyroll should be working.)

Our top priority is to get the lines working again, and we are aware and apologise for the inconvenience to our FDNS users. We will advise on further actions, once we have fixed the lines.

----
[30 Dec] Update: Our engineers have developed a temporary workaround for the Netflix US, Hulu and Amazon Prime. The streaming quality may be slightly affected.

We are still actively following up for the fix of the underwater cables, which are pending permits approval and weather conditions. We are looking at a permanent fix by Mid January. Our priority is still to get the cables fixed, and will update further actions after.

Meanwhile, we hope that you will enjoy the US streaming sites again. Happy New Year!

----
[26 Dec] Hi all, quick update. Our engineering team are in touch with the upstream network providers for an alternate route. However, due to the festive period, replies from our US counterparts are taking longer than usual. We are still looking at a resolution in early January 2018. Will update once we have more details again.

----
[24 Dec] Dear Freedom DNS customers, currently there are faults with multiple international cable systems. These faults impact our connectivity to Netflix US both our main link and our backup link. As a temporary stop-gap measure, we have redirected all Netflix US traffic back to Netflix SG.

The cable operators are currently in process fix these cable faults. However, as this involves large-scale operations (i.e. sending repair ships out to sea to fix the underwater cables). We have been told that the fix is expected to be completed only in early Jan 2018.

We deeply apologise for the inconvenience caused and will be following up closely for a speedier recovery. Thank you for your understanding on this matter.

Taken from: https://www.facebook.com/ViewQwest/
sadboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2018, 07:01 PM   #6119
Arch-Supremacy Member

I tested on desktop
netflix overall ok, HD streaming
hulu can access, but when play shows, is promt error like show only available in US. so, it is related to under water cables breakage?

tested on ipad
netflix streaming ok, but low res.
hulu, can accss, but when play shows, is promt error like show only available in US.

iirc, last week still ok for both sites
i usually watch it on ipad lying on bed one...
truedirect likes this.
sevensomerset is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2018, 10:26 PM   #6120
Arch-Supremacy Member

I tested on desktop
netflix overall ok, HD streaming
hulu can access, but when play shows, is promt error like “show only available in US”. so, it is related to under water cables breakage?

tested on ipad
netflix streaming ok, but low res.
hulu, can accss, but when play shows, is promt error like “show only available in US”.

iirc, last week still ok for both sites
i usually watch it on ipad lying on bed one...
This is related to the FreedomDNS service which you have subscribed, caused by the under water cable issue. You should contact VQ FDNS support.
alanchia67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.