HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

ViewQwest Fiber Broadband Official Thread - Part 5

Like Tree1509Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 23-09-2016, 07:21 PM   #61
Supremacy Member

asus can 2gb to 1 pc now?!
This product has been in testing stage for a while.

darkmatt likes this.
SaruwatariShun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-2016, 08:01 PM   #62

Question for Maylyn...

My 2Gbps VQ SpeedTest speed ^^

Done on the upcoming ASUS BRT-AC828

[Maylyn - Networking - Preview] ASUS BRT-AC828M2 Router
Hi Maylyn,

I have a ASUS Router question for you. Does VPN L2TP server run on any ASUS Routers? Or perhaps, can I get my RT-AC68U to run VPN L2TP?

I ask because IOS10 has killed PPTP and I now need to look for options.

Thanks
Old 23-09-2016, 10:51 PM   #63

This evening, I found out that in order for the Freedom VPN to work with your fibre service, the VQ DNS is different.

With all the hype and marketing effort, it is unfortunate that the technical team and sales team have created an impression to existing users not to renew their contract in future. Seems like VQ has lost its game.
Thats how freedom vpn works, using a different DNS server setting. is there any concern that you cannot have a different DNS?

She? Didn't know there's females on the NOC team. Not bad.

Hi Maylyn,

I have a ASUS Router question for you. Does VPN L2TP server run on any ASUS Routers? Or perhaps, can I get my RT-AC68U to run VPN L2TP?

Thanks
iOS 10 has killed pptp?! LOL ok thats news to me
Old 24-09-2016, 02:44 AM   #64
Arch-Supremacy Member

My Asus router shows
ISP's dhcp did not function properly

The Cs can't help at all.
If u using ac1200g+, go download the firmware from website, the router cannot identify new updates.

And when viewqwest started giving ac1200g+ on their bundles, the router had defects, they did not test the router before giving it to their customers and i suffer for 2-3 months until asus release new firmware update.

The issue is occasion crashes, speed cap <300mbps and cannot identify dhcp which means no internet connection through router.
These issues make me unable to use my internet properly obviously.

Last edited by Phen8210; 24-09-2016 at 02:49 AM..
Phen8210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-2016, 02:47 AM   #65
Arch-Supremacy Member

And the CSO keep delay the issue, don't want fix or change another model of router for me, and never compensate me. When i waited 2 months till the firmware release and update then it was fixed. I of course am upset.

They said they don't understand why i am upset and they are happy for me that the issue is resolved. CAN you believe it?
Old 24-09-2016, 02:54 AM   #66
Arch-Supremacy Member

I asked them how can they deploy router with these kind of obvious problems to their customer, no basic testing procedure done?

Every router of that model had the same problem and they are bundling it.

Another issue, the defect was also identified very early by technicians because when i signed up my router was automatically upgrade to the ac1200g+ due to shortage of the other router they used to provide, i thought they would take action and halt the internet bundle package that comes with the ac1200g+, but they did not. Meaning they know the router got problem but still give you guys.

CSO ignored me and stopped replying to my email.
Old 24-09-2016, 07:36 AM   #67
AC2

I think VQ main concern is that their zhone or netlink router works. any additional router(Asus in this case) doesn't matter much to them cos as long as the output from their zhone/netlink router give the correct speed, they are already fulfilling their contract terms. The ASUS AC1200 in this case is like a free gift from their bundle, they don't require the ASUS AC1200 to work to provide u with the advertised speed. Just like the Samsung TV they had in their bundle a few years back(at additional fee ofc) they had in the past. if you have issue with the TV, u look for Samsung to repair or rectify.
AC2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-2016, 10:23 AM   #68
Arch-Supremacy Member

I do not know what is happening but my internet connection has been going bonka since this morning 9am.

The technician onsite came to my place 2 days ago - he solved the the issue.

Today, this is happening.

It's been almost 2 months now and different issues arise every week.

Anyone can help??

SpaceMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-2016, 10:28 AM   #69

I do not know what is happening but my internet connection has been going bonka since this morning 9am.

The technician onsite came to my place 2 days ago - he solved the the issue.

Today, this is happening.

It's been almost 2 months now and different issues arise every week.

Anyone can help??

Video cannot even load..
Ghostrider333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-2016, 10:45 AM   #70
Supremacy Member

Help you embed

zer0ne is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-2016, 11:03 AM   #71
Supremacy Member

Hi Maylyn,

Thanks
Heng i use ipad mini 1

Old 24-09-2016, 11:10 AM   #72
Supremacy Member

VQ already stated clearly they don't guarantee support for third party routers except their zhone. They can only support basic troubleshooting for the asus routers out of goodwill. If you really want full support, contact avertek.

Old 24-09-2016, 12:34 PM   #73
High Supremacy Member

I think VQ main concern is that their zhone or netlink router works. any additional router(Asus in this case) doesn't matter much to them cos as long as the output from their zhone/netlink router give the correct speed, they are already fulfilling their contract terms. The ASUS AC1200 in this case is like a free gift from their bundle, they don't require the ASUS AC1200 to work to provide u with the advertised speed. Just like the Samsung TV they had in their bundle a few years back(at additional fee ofc) they had in the past. if you have issue with the TV, u look for Samsung to repair or rectify.
On the contrary i think they only support asus models they provide with their bundles e.g. AC88U.
derrickgoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-2016, 01:48 PM   #74

Help you embed

what firmware version is your Asus on? Which model?
secureshell is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-2016, 01:53 PM   #75
Arch-Supremacy Member

VQ already stated clearly they don't guarantee support for third party routers except their zhone. They can only support basic troubleshooting for the asus routers out of goodwill. If you really want full support, contact avertek.
The service subscribed comes with the router. Hence, I would presume that they would have done their test with the product before launching their campaign to users/consumers.
SpaceMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.