What are the bridging options available?

Mr Brown

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Fibre terminal point is in living room and computer is in study room which is very far away, hence cannot get wifi

25ge4wo.jpg

herzog21

Reaction score
1) homeplug
2) wifi extender
3)set up a router in bridge mode in study assuming there is lan port there.

ZrE0_Cha0s

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
well homeplug will be the last options if TS living in a old building that is more than 20 years.

as for bridge mode will be better, buy a asus router with bridge mode.

Purplestars

Master Member
Reaction score
I would like to ask the same question

I can't use my old router as a repeater can I? The old router wouldn't be able to support my 1GBPS speed?

I don't intend to use wireless on my PC, so looking for a wired option for maximum speed

Which option is the cheapest and best?

herzog21

Reaction score

I can't use my old router as a repeater can I? The old router wouldn't be able to support my 1GBPS speed?

I don't intend to use wireless on my PC, so looking for a wired option for maximum speed

u can but u won't get exactly the 1gbps speed. it depends on what speed yr old router is capable of AND even then yr wireless connection could just be 1/3 or 1/4 of that.

ZrE0_Cha0s

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Homeplug is the cheapest if want wiring, but u definitely can't get the speed u want. Cos it depends on your flats.

So end up the best way/choice is to get contractor, pull cables to the parts of your flats where u want them to have internet connectivity as well as attain the max speed you have sign up.

Mr Brown

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

dd wrt

or $10 per month for wifi mesh

jackycar

Master Member
Reaction score
U can buy certain repeaters that don't halve the bandwidth. They use the 2.4ghz and 5ghz concurrently, one for receiving from router the other for broadcasting to devices.

I have two of these and can vouch the wifi speed doesn't get as affected as by normal repeaters.

Netgear ac1200 (more expensive but amazing range) or linksys re6500 (cheaper but smaller range) both support.

Works fine with Asus routers too.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.